Inactive Topic Action arrows

DeletedUser

Proposal:
Player can see on the map all attacks, trades, supports and actions.

Have you Checked the DNS and PSI lists in the Archives? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
yes.

Reason:
it would be much easy to get overview of your actions while viewing map.

Details:
If player A lunch and attck to player B city, both players can see an arrow appear on the map between player A and player B city. Same with trade and support. Spy arrow can see only plaer who is spying.
For example: i send support to my alliance member, arrow appears, and at the beginning it it light blue, if the support is in the half way, half of arrow will change color to darker, this way i know my support is at half (it should work % like arrive time= % arrow color changed).

Visual Aids:
here is how would like an arrow on the map but they must not be like mine, it would be nice to hav them more in Grepolis style.
idea1.PNG
i know it will be pretty hard for programmers to make and arrows that will change its degree and stuff so i made and example 2 where we can see straight arrows but they r not as cool as curvy arrows :)idea2.PNG

Balance:
If and player is very active, probebly he will have a map ful of arrow, so there would be and buton in settings to turn arrows off or turn some arrows off like ''viev trade only'' etc

Abuse Prevention:
-

Summary:
An arrows that player can see on the map between his city and other cities he is attacking/supporting/tradeing with.

DeletedUser

This isn't bad at all. Arrows would be helpful in some situations, so I'll give you rep.

DeletedUser31385

Only problem I see with this is that people will be confused by what is what. Icons would be better in my opinion.

DeletedUser

Only problem I see with this is that people will be confused by what is what. Icons would be better in my opinion.

The idea with icons was that the attack arrow would be red-orange and on it will be an attack icon over it like spears or swords, for example: landattck.PNG if naval attack then a lightship icon or navalattack.PNG and it would move by the arrow to the enemy city (example: the attack is on its half way, then icon should be in half of the arrow, if attack is some second until arrive, then icon should be near enemy city).
And same with trade trade.PNG and support support.PNG. If player sent an colonyship to build a city, then it would be a colonyship icon over an red arrow.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser31385

The idea with icons was that the attack arrow would be red-orange and on it will be an attack icon over it View attachment 11719 if naval attack then View attachment 11722 and it would move by the arrow to the enemy city (example: the attack is on its half way, then icon should be in half of the arrow, if attack is some second until arrive, then icon should be near enemy city).
and same with trade View attachment 11720 and support View attachment 11721.

Okay, that makes more sense now.