All about MRAs...

DeletedUser11886

MRAs

~~~
What are they?
-Massive groups of people together in one group, usually a large jumble of inexperienced or experienced players.
-Send massive amounts of random requests to new players to invite them to their alliance (rarely old players with alliances)
*According to Grepolis Wiki: MRA - Mass Recruiting Alliance, an alliance that invites lots of players irrespective of their experience or points.*
~~~
Why does this make them bad? Why can an alliance not send masses of join requests to players, and then expect them to join? These alliances, with their mix of experienced and inexperienced players can teach each other, and have a nice time... after all, aren't we here to have fun? As long as an alliance is active, and can work together they are a good alliance. Why would you insult them for being so? MRAs are sometimes not only massive, but house many of the new players which need a good alliance which can really help them. From MRAs and being taught from them, new players can be truly introduced to a new safe alliance, and get the experience from them too.

Only some foolish MRAs, which mass recruit from a widespread of MANY many, oceans should be called the foolish ones. Those that recruit completely randomly, with no indication of even looking at their point averages.

The same goes for those who insult MRAs, perhaps you should stop looking at the amount of players they have, but instead take a look at their players? After all, isn't a good alliance based off their players? Many people say that points do not matter, and you should just have fun. Isn't that what most MRAs can offer?

I am not promoting MRAs, but seeing so much flame against them with no pure understanding is just plain foolish. Saying 'OH THAT ALLIANCE HAS SO MANY PLAYERS, THEY WILL PROBABLY FALL AHAHAHA' doesn't mean that they will. Many MRAs actually don't fall. They just split up, and their inexperienced players would have learned enough to go to more advanced groups. Even those that don't split up or fall, stick together and have a nice time together. Forum activity is increased, and teamwork isn't absent, its actually there.

This topic is for discussing what you think on MRAs, feel free to criticize this post and tell me what you don't agree with or if I'm missing anything, but let me ask you one question.

'Why do you think MRAs are bad?'

(P.S. Not regarding those silly ones which completely fail)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser345

Pretty much think you've been one of the worst when it comes to attacking MRAs...

There an integral part of the game especially in helping new players learn of the ropes.

DeletedUser11886

I'm not attacking MRAs, i'm trying to get people to understand that they aren't bad and actually help new players learn... Where was I attacking MRAs/Why did you think I was attacking MRAs?

DeletedUser23516

MRA's are alliances that recruit without looking at a players history, and do it in large numbers. This isn't to say they are bad. League of Legends DOES have some talented players. League of Legends IS mainly in one ocean. This does not change the fact they are an MRA, but they aren't a BAD MRA.

DeletedUser11886

Exactly. People misuse the concept of MRA and think of it as a bad thing whenever they see one. Not all MRAs are bad!

So apparently someone de-reped me because of that. This just shows how foolish you all are. My alliance as a MRA? Have you taken a look at the top 12 alliances in this world? 5/12 of them have over 100 players. Do your research and work on your grammar please. I accept you de-repping me, but its saddening to have you comment basically shout out that you didn't even read my post before derepping. Seriously. You didn't even leave a name. It's not like I'm going to kill you.

For those who can't see it:
"just cause you r an mra"

Example.png

I wont be surprised if he derepps this too.

DeletedUser

So apparently someone de-reped me because of that. This just shows how foolish you all are. My alliance as a MRA? Have you taken a look at the top 12 alliances in this world? 5/12 of them have over 100 players. Do your research and work on your grammar please. I accept you de-repping me, but its saddening to have you comment basically shout out that you didn't even read my post before derepping. Seriously. You didn't even leave a name. It's not like I'm going to kill you.

For those who can't see it:
"just cause you r an mra"

View attachment 7705

I wont be surprised if he derepps this too.

I re reped you bro. I agree with you.

DeletedUser

Yes I actually agree with Kyleli MRAs arent always bad. I learned a thing or two from a couple MRAs i was apart of. They are a good refugee camp for new and unexperienced players to trying to stay alive. But for the most part MRAs are just annoying.

DeletedUser11886

I completely agree with you on that. Most times MRAs are just annoying, since they just completely surround you some times.

DeletedUser

what.s d point of teaching new players, when they don.t actively participate? i just started a small alliance n i also teach newbies. but i only intend 2 keep those of them who catch on quickly n care about teamwork. also i like my team to be friendly n have a good time. a bunch of strangers is boring. once u got a group of 20/30 great ppl workin 2gether, it.s very hard 2 beat them. mras r too mainstream 4 me :]

DeletedUser

Plus Mras always seem cocky like they are soooooooo big and powerful. They dont realize that most the time they are spread out and would really get destroyed by a good small alliance in a fight.

DeletedUser

yeah! this one guy with a ceasar complex wrote me 2 merge with them(or else). i laughed him off :)

DeletedUser

On omicron, a 10 million point alliance with four branches was brought to its knees by a 2 million point alliance. The bigger isn't always the better, but it can be. In that same world, an alliance that came out of mergers with an alliance that started as an MRA won the world. Sometimes MRAs work and sometimes they crumble under their own weight.

DeletedUser11886

Completely agree with mhawk. It depends on how they work together and sometimes luck. Having a ton of inactive players or players that don't listen to High ranks, and don't take part in attacks and suddenly scream for help when they are attacked doesn't make a good alliance. These are the 'bad' MRAs.

DeletedUser

Best Alliance I ever played in was formed from the wreckage of a 'Bad MRA', so even they have their purpose.

World Zeta, was in an alliance called 'Engels de Nex', which recruited from every ocean and was a prime example of a Bad MRA (no attempt to teach anyone the ropes, no co-ordination and no fun!). 13 players from one ocean went on to form 'Order of St. Michael'. Never had so much fun, and I always look for those players in every world I play. I miss them...
Point being, we would never have met and formed a decent alliance without first joining a one.

Anyone remember the string of RealMadrid alliances that turned up at the time? Circa world Zeta, Eta, Iota and no doubt quite a few more.

DeletedUser11886

YOU. NECROMANCER. YOU. BRUNG. BACK. A. DEAD. TOPIC.

(no offense.)

DeletedUser21671

MRA is awesome!

If you know how to handle them then MRA is for you, but if you do not know how to handle then MRA isn't for you.

I can handle MRA I'll teach you how to handle them.

Let say you want to teach all the noob how to support more effective?

Do this make a list like this.

Rank 1 = Player that post in forum.
Rank 2 = Player pass report test.
Rank 3 = Player have harbor.
Rank 4 = Player have biremes.
Rank 5 = Moderate supporter follow some rule not all.
Rank 6 = Expert supporter follow all rule.

Rank 6 = Expert

Rank 5 = Moderate

Rank 4 = Biremes

Rank 3 = Harbor
[player]player name[/player]

Rank 2 = Pass report test

Rank 1 = Post in support

It simple it's MRA proof!

This is just to show you how to teach noob if you plan to do a MRA.

Pro-Grep

Strategos
I'm against MRA, because of several reasons. Firstly, when you just send invitations to different players without messaging them and offering to join your alliance is really stupid action and that reduces reputation of alliance. (I'm not talking about the worst MRA's who recruit everyone all around the world just for points, as it's said in main post). Well some people think (like the author of this topic), that MRA's can be school for new comers, but I'll say no, because when old player joins or creates MRA, that means that he/she is just a player who has played before Grepolis, but can't guess real meaning of alliance. Personally I have created alliance "Calaveras" in this world and I'm recruiting at this stage only players in my ocean. From recruited ones there were loads of new comers, just two or three were old ones, but I have placed all kind of guides and links in forums for them and some of them became really experienced and strong players, so education can be given to new comers even without MRA's. Also to make your alliance looking better and stronger you have to place min requirements, for example why should I recruit at this stage players under 1,000 PTS? They can't support, can't attack and so on, they'll be just easy farms for enemies.

Maybe my opinion and position is wrong, but that's what I think about MRA's.

DeletedUser11886

Grandaizer, not all MRAs are just sending out masses of requests with no mails. The MRA that I'm speaking of is a group of members that are large in numbers, but all have been messaged or asked to join.