Alliance Forums

• Thread starter DeletedUser3393
  • Start date

DeletedUser3393

I would love to see multi tabbed look, rather than press the side arrows to browse through the forums. It is annoying and a waste of time.

what do u guys say?

DeletedUser

that does look better I think that most things in 2.0 actually look better than before.:)

DeletedUser17045

I actually like the way it is set out. The alliance forum(depending on the number of tabs) looks much neater and organized.

You think it's a waste of time? How so? It takes two seconds... of course, many things come into play.

1. The amount of tabs an alliance has.
2. If you're computer is a piece of junk and freezes every two seconds.
3. The individual is very impatient.

You might as well play a game which is designed for physically impaired and you have all the things hot keyed so all you need to do is press one key and that certain tab opens up.

You've probably wasted more time logging into the forum, coming to the questions thread, clicking new thread, then typing up your sentence. Then you would either preview it, edit things and then create the thread. You could've pressed the arrow key 50 times in that period of time. ;) ;)

DeletedUser

The downside to having to scroll is that you can not quickly see if there are any new posts in 1 of the unvisible forums.

DeletedUser3393

The downside to having to scroll is that you can not quickly see if there are any new posts in 1 of the unvisible forums.

Thats exactly the issue.. U cant see if the forums hidden have new posts unless u press the right/left arrows.

This is very bad to organize forums especially for people in ur alliance who only logs in a few times a day.

DeletedUser2795

Tell me, how much time to you spend scrolling in total?

DeletedUser3393

Tell me, how much time to you spend scrolling in total?

If u have led any large alliance, you would know how hard it is to get people to forums and especially the important topics.
This features takes the part of the forums away from the eyes. Making it harder.

DeletedUser2795

If you are having so much trouble, then maybe you should try and cut down on the tabs.

DeletedUser3393

Yes, but at this level u can only show 7 tabs.

7 tabs are never enough for a big alliance. 1 tab at least goes in network forum.
6 tabs are left for alliance work.. which is barely sufficient if u r trying to organize, at least I feel it that way.

DeletedUser2795

I realize that, but it has never taken me more then around 5 seconds to scroll through the tabs. If that is having a major impact on your game, then I do not know what to say.

DeletedUser3393

I realize that, but it has never taken me more then around 5 seconds to scroll through the tabs. If that is having a major impact on your game, then I do not know what to say.

Like I already said it, its not about active players.. its about players who dont look in forums much. how to get the information to all those people. Especially during missions.

Right now, when we tried to add another tab (8 tabs now) now we can only see 4 tabs on the main screen..

I would really appreciate someone else's thoughts on this too, since it seems only myself and jkp r talking.

I would really want a change to be made to this feature. It is incredibly frustating to try and keep the forums organized.

DeletedUser2795

How many of those tabs are important? If you have any off-topic threads, then they can be off the screen at first, in my alliance, 7 tabs show up at first, maybe if you shortened the name of some of your forums?

DeletedUser3393

How many of those tabs are important? If you have any off-topic threads, then they can be off the screen at first, in my alliance, 7 tabs show up at first, maybe if you shortened the name of some of your forums?

Every single tab is important, we dont have any tabs for off topic conversations because there's no space for it.

DeletedUser2795

Hmm, alright then, I guess I can accept that considering that it is pretty much what my alliance has (we technically have an off-topic tab, but there are only a total of 2 threads and 5 posts in it), but what do you suggest is done?

DeletedUser

Like I already said it, its not about active players.. its about players who dont look in forums much. how to get the information to all those people. Especially during missions.

Mass mail.

Really, if your alliance members can't be bothered to click the arrows to advance through the tabs, are they going to bother to make the clicks required to support the rest of the alliance.