Alliance Rankings

DeletedUser

On TW, they had rankings based upon total member count and the top 40 players in any given alliance. So I present the top 20 alliances broekn down by top 40 players in each alliance.

By Points:
grepalliancespoints.png

By BPA:
grepalliancesbpa.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Now this is a first pass of the data. I already know it is stale. The script takes some time to build so I will update with the real data in the morning.

DeletedUser

Thanks for this, always wondered how this would look but never had the time to do it

DeletedUser

We so rock... No Agoge huh? They would teat up Evil Joker

DeletedUser

ok . . .the script finished after i left. I have updated the stats. Sorry for the inaccurate information.

DeletedUser

Much better ranking system. Out of these 20 alliances which do you think will be the risers and fallers.

The BPA on the last half of the list is interesting As for order out of chaos i have never even heard of them.

DeletedUser

Or show the players, you can't see which ones are MRAS or not (I don't play this world and I can't be asked to go on grepostats)

DeletedUser

Well blazey, the point of this is to show the alliance's best players :)

DeletedUser

odd....

My alliance didn't make the list.

Perhaps I need a few extra points.

I seem to be a few dozen million points behind.

Looks like its gonna be a loooooooooong night of empire building.

DeletedUser

Hi Blazey,

I'm in a tiny little two person alliance called: DOVES OF WAR

My bro' just joined the game (he's still in his 7 day grace period), and we haven't even come close to hitting 5 digits in points yet.

It friggen amazes me how many points these guys have amassed in the game!

I kind of feel like a grasshopper on a football field, if you know what I mean...

=)

The Rooster

DeletedUser

Percentages

This is certainly one way to try and standardise battle points based on size of alliance.

A more telling way is to look at overall attack (not battle) points and divide this by the size of the total alliance. This gives a percentage for 'aggressiveness'

You can chose to only look at the top 40, but these guys will always be strong in the big alliances. What matters more is how 'flabby' the rest of the alliance is, and if a player goes premium, and buys CP, then he'll have plenty of cities, but a poor attack percentage.

Try it out. You could use these figures (total bp, not attack) for the top 40 players for starters - you may get some big surprises...

Kirk

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

a few comments:

1. I agree w/ BishopKirk; attack points show aggressiveness much better then "total city points"; and ratios of attack points to members of an alliance would thus be a more accurate metric then "total points"
2. ranking, in my opinion, should not be about "points", but rather the number of cities an alliance controls (since a 4k point city can actually have MORE troops in it then a 12k point city)
3. just like in TribalWars, their are a thousand different ways to "view" or "portray" the data. everyone will have their own argument as to why one way to "rank" alliances is better then another... and it just so happens that people will want to choose a way to look at the data that ranks their own alliance highest. Thus,
4. the only way to prove who the top alliances are is to look at their war records

DeletedUser

I suppose ranking alliances by the *coolness* of their names is out?

DeletedUser

Ok which alpha alliance do you think has the coolest name but you cant choose yours.

The current ranking system is poor as it does not take alot of things into account.

Things i would like to see is on the ocean ranking tables peoples Bpa next to their name as well as their city points because at the moment youhave to go and find it somewhere else.

Also it would be nice if there was a place you could hace lists of people in that ocean sorted by alliance instead of points.

DeletedUser

Ok which alpha alliance do you think has the coolest name but you cant choose yours.

The current ranking system is poor as it does not take alot of things into account.

Things i would like to see is on the ocean ranking tables peoples Bpa next to their name as well as their city points because at the moment youhave to go and find it somewhere else.

Also it would be nice if there was a place you could hace lists of people in that ocean sorted by alliance instead of points.

Not one part of this is relevant to this thread after the first sentance, although that would be better in a different thread as well.

So:

1) New thread,
2) Suggestions,
3) Also suggestions