Top 12 Alliances Sink or Swim

Coxwana

Phrourach
Someone's starting to lose their marbles...

And what siege are you referring to anyway? The only time I recall you putting a siege on me you pulled when flyers were put in the air. Yes I have friends help me but that is part of game. Quit crying about it. Most players have relied on alliance members and pact members to break a siege or two before. Nothing different about that now.

Does anyone else hear the violins when Coxwana speaks?

Seeing as you like photo's. Some people never learn. Loses 2 to OV today. Oh wait, here come the excuses.

5aee1c40612333e8393f92b414bcda90.gif

DeletedUser50653

Let me see if I've got my lines right.

"Oh no, I lost two cities. I'll bet none of you have ever done that before"
"We'll see who's laughing in the end"
"We'll conquer all your cities when we're bored, you're not our priority right now"
"I kill slings and LS in your cities on a regular basis"
"Hey, everyone, meet Mr. Delusional"
"Drugs are dangerous, cowboy"

I'm missing some surely. Not the usual things for me to say. Usually if someone conquers me (or even attempts a siege) I'll give them a gg but considering it's you being a conqueror I don't think I'm allowed to give you that bit of respect. So there's what I remember I was supposed to do. Sorry I'm not a professional on crying about things. You need to teach me.

Coxwana

Phrourach
Let me see if I've got my lines right.

"Oh no, I lost two cities. I'll bet none of you have ever done that before"
"We'll see who's laughing in the end"
"We'll conquer all your cities when we're bored, you're not our priority right now"
"I kill slings and LS in your cities on a regular basis"
"Hey, everyone, meet Mr. Delusional"
"Drugs are dangerous, cowboy"

I'm missing some surely. Not the usual things for me to say. Usually if someone conquers me (or even attempts a siege) I'll give them a gg but considering it's you being a conqueror I don't think I'm allowed to give you that bit of respect. So there's what I remember I was supposed to do. Sorry I'm not a professional on crying about things. You need to teach me.
You are doing a great job at being a sook now. Just keep being you. Because being the king of nothing is what you do best.

Piggybacking your way to a win because you can't do it without Eligos.
I wish I was as "Elite" as you think you are champ.

DeletedUser50653

I didn't think you could be more delusional when you're ahead but I've clearly been proven wrong on that part. Oh well, can't fix stupid.

DeletedUser54029

Just throwing it out there, I don't think that these small scuffles are going to do anything, at this time the most important thing is World Wonders

DeletedUser52814

just throwing it out there but does anyone else see this every time this guy takes to the forums?
3qafhk.jpg

DeletedUser54340

Just throwing it out there, I don't think that these small scuffles are going to do anything, at this time the most important thing is World Wonders

thats funny charlie. the wonders? no. the most important thing right now is fighting. hehe

Coxwana

Phrourach
Can't even do an internal? King of Nothing fails again.

2ace347f07a0822f47b28630f499223e.gif

On another side note minus the crap and banter.

WW's suck. Worst end to a server. Just proves who can be the best simmers. I'd actually like to see a server last more than 6-12 months especially after all the money and time we all put into the fight before WW's kicks off. Every time we go into WW's as soon as it's possible, we are just turning the game into a game of who has the biggest pockets.

The game used to be about actual ability not who has the deepest pockets. Started i think when they brought in insta-build. Then myth become so prevalent and powerful and Trireme become more powerful that LS has almost been forgotten about and hardly used in siege breaks.

It'd be nice to have a server with decent settings and all heads of alliances agree to not run WW's when it becomes time and we all go head to head. The server wouldn't have to end.

I enjoy the banter but it's just a game and this is (for me anyway) is just for fun. I honestly think some powers that be and some players have lost touch of reality and why we play this game and the fact at the end of the day it's just a game.

Just my thoughts, think what you will, say what you will about it.

Enjoy. Worlds all but finished.

DeletedUser48750

Please be fair to the Eligos.
We are top alliance attacker, top alliance defender, top alliance fighter, No.1 and one of the most active alliance.
We took cities from main players of your alliance as well.

WW race does not always prove who are the best simmers as we certain are not. It is just an objective facts and we have ample evidence to support this.

WW should be over soon. Good luck to everyone and hope everyone enjoyed it.

Silver Witch

Strategos
Coxwana -

Doodchan and i were opponents in our last server - it lasted 2 years, and more than 12 months after ww started. The majority of that time we spent fighting each other. We came here to fight together - surely you cannot claim that we are simmers? We fought everyone we could!

There are many alliances here that show simming is not the answer.

On the gold front - its possible to make substantial amounts in new worlds now so use of gold does not automatically mean big spenders and the ability to spend it belongs to all. Early growth can be accelerated astronomically i agree but if you read from the start of this thread you will see that Eligos was slow to grow in comparison to many alliances. This reflects in part the lack of gold use. I do not believe spending on gold wins ww.

I agree the availability of spells has changed the game but that merely requires players to adapt to different conditions. I believe the ability or not to adapt, combined with actual play as opposed to simming is what creates a successful alliance.

Last edited:

Coxwana

Phrourach
TBH, Eligos will win, no matter which style of play they played. Whether I agree with it or not, they pacted their way to the numbers they had, then pacted more to get others on side creating a big hug fest all while looking at the end game. They fought some idiots and morons early. By the time we turned up, Eligos were already in control of a large portion of the server and no one from that point could change that. But what we (OV) have done is hold our ground and continue to grow even with the pressure of the Eligos juggernaut. Yes you took cities from our top guys as we did you guys. We don't turtle our frontline cities as it detracts from the fun of the game of having to hold onto your frontline with what you have there, native troops. That for us is the fun, yes we lose some but we also win some. Everyone was talking about how Eligos would roll over OV. That just showed how naive and ill-informed they were about OV. We continue to do what we came here to do. Fight. We wanted no part in WW's as we have said this whole time. We won the last server and had not desire to do it all over again so soon so we came here late to purely have fun.

Not long after landing (inside 48 hours) we were told join/merge or die. Well...... that tactic worked didn't it.

As i have said before, i don';t agree with hug-fests, mass pacting etc. But it worked for Eligos and they will win.

The old saying is there are more ways to skin a cat, and this proves it. They maybe 1st in rankings but with an alliance made up of tops 100 across 3 alliance now which would stem from about 6 alliances originally, they should be top. The sheer size of them should have had this wrapped up by now but they continue to fight.

I say fair play to all who didn't "join or die" and didn't conform. As for Eligos, a win is a win tactics aside regarless of my opinions.

For the rest of the server including Eligos and co....... The server may well be won, i hope the others can try their hardest to prevent the crown as it will be great viewing and until another conquest server opens with favourable settings, OV will be here to watch and fight.

Enjoy all. Good luck.

Coxwana

Phrourach
Coxwana -

Doodchan and i were opponents in our last server - it lasted 2 years, and more than 12 months after ww started. The majority of that time we spent fighting each other. We came here to fight together - surely you cannot claim that we are simmers? We fought everyone we could!

There are many alliances here that show simming is not the answer.

On the gold front - its possible to make substantial amounts in new worlds now so use of gold does not automatically mean big spenders and the ability to spend it belongs to all. Early growth can be accelerated astronomically i agree but if you read from the start of this thread you will see that Eligos was slow to grow in comparison to many alliances. This reflects in part the lack of gold use. I do not believe spending on gold wins ww.

I agree the availability of spells has changed the game but that merely requires players to adapt to different conditions. I believe the ability or not to adapt, combined with actual play as opposed to simming is what creates a successful alliance.

I respectfully disagree. I understand there can be fighting long after WW's but it's (in reality) frivolous.

Gold - Some make more than others depending on where they land and who they know in those servers. Example - you would make more than the average joe due to previous relations with players that are playing that world and the tt for them resources to arrive if no relationship. Yes it can be made, but not in substantial amounts and especially not in the amounts i have witnessed this server. Gold does win WW's. I did not at any stage call Eligos simmers. If you look carefully you will see this. What i did say is that sitting there clicking send send send is not what i call playing grepo and not what i wish to participate in. It's a war game, sending resources to a WW is not a war tactic and definately something that those heavy clickers/simmers are used to. Build big cities and click click click.

Nothing i sad was to insult anyone or belittle, it was merely my view or opinion. Some of us play for different reasons. I do it to switch off from the RL craziness i have to deal with. Fight for fun is what i love most about this game. Not the other crap we see which has taken over the game i used to love.

Silver Witch

Strategos
I respectfully disagree. I understand there can be fighting long after WW's but it's (in reality) frivolous.

Gold - Some make more than others depending on where they land and who they know in those servers. Example - you would make more than the average joe due to previous relations with players that are playing that world and the tt for them resources to arrive if no relationship. Yes it can be made, but not in substantial amounts and especially not in the amounts i have witnessed this server. Gold does win WW's. I did not at any stage call Eligos simmers. If you look carefully you will see this. What i did say is that sitting there clicking send send send is not what i call playing grepo and not what i wish to participate in. It's a war game, sending resources to a WW is not a war tactic and definately something that those heavy clickers/simmers are used to. Build big cities and click click click.

Nothing i sad was to insult anyone or belittle, it was merely my view or opinion. Some of us play for different reasons. I do it to switch off from the RL craziness i have to deal with. Fight for fun is what i love most about this game. Not the other crap we see which has taken over the game i used to love.

I respect your view Coxwana.

You say that fighting after WW is frivolous. There is our catch 22. There has to be an end game to provide purpose and for now this is the one we have. In the case of our previous world no one had 7 WW, therefore there was something to play for - that I assume you would not count as frivolous.

Helike is now 7 months old, the click part has taken 10 days so far. Its hard to comment since no one has yet won but all that would be required to continue in the vein you wish would be matched opponents. Our experience here is that most groups do not wish to really fight.

I think that we have shown that merely building and clicking is not the way to win.

I agree with you that this is a game. However when playing any game some are more focused on winning than others. Doodchan and I play to win. That does not mean that we insist on all our team fighting, quite the contrary. We insist on participation and contribution but this can be provided from anyone with whatever time is available. Those with less free time just have different roles. Surely that is what makes a team. Now that we can see who sends to WW, it is also clear that the most active fighters, who will all agree with your dislike of WW, do nevertheless contribute fully to the build for the short time that is required. If you asked our team, despite our demands, i think that all will agree we play in the spirit of the game.

DeletedUser52814

all this stuff about fighting reminds me of a little story
once upon a time a player who is not really playing this server all that seriously saw ov simmimg the rim and decided hey i'd like a piece of that so he settled 6 cities directly in the ov core
weeks go by zero attacks he continued to grow
month goes by no attacks he continued to grow
one sunday he was bored and began some attacks
68k bp later his 3 nukes were still alive
he was amazed how many top ov players he was catching offline
one guy went on permanent vm shortly after
he thought surely this was a fluke
so he tried again got another 40k bp
still no attacks
this player got bored of hitting top ov players and catching them offline every time so he quit attacking
i can provide reports of the awesomeness that is ov and how they call militia and go to sleep :) i can also provide reports of the "retaliation" that ened up being 2 flyer nukes that sadly died shortly after since i just waited till the owners were offline and killed them while they were parked

so im curious who exactly were you fighting when some noob was settling, growing and farming your core?

DeletedUser52814

i'm curious where Charlie is these days
i heard a rumor that there was a small scuffle at the dragons colassus today
nothing major just a scuffle i'm sure its a sign of the imminent demise of eligos as Charlie was predicting

DeletedUser54029

i'm curious where Charlie is these days
i heard a rumor that there was a small scuffle at the dragons colassus today
nothing major just a scuffle i'm sure its a sign of the imminent demise of eligos as Charlie was predicting
The imminent demise, well, you're close. It's called dismemberment, it's where everyone hates you and then you end up losing the world

DeletedUser52814

i'm curious do what server do you play because it surely is not this one as even a blind man can see the writing on the wall in this server

you are aware the winner is the first group to take all 7 ww to 10 right?

so at what point will eligos lose here? dragons cant even protect 4 ww how exactly will they dismember eligos and accelerate the construction of their ww?

know what, forget the first question i guess the better question is what game are you playing because it seems we are not discussing the same game here

DeletedUser54340

i'm curious do what server do you play because it surely is not this one as even a blind man can see the writing on the wall in this server

you are aware the winner is the first group to take all 7 ww to 10 right?

so at what point will eligos lose here? dragons cant even protect 4 ww how exactly will they dismember eligos and accelerate the construction of their ww?

know what, forget the first question i guess the better question is what game are you playing because it seems we are not discussing the same game here

Dont worry PartTime... i am building a city right next to Charlie so i can wipe him from this server once we win in about 30 minutes. after that its bye bye charlie time :)

DeletedUser52859

Ahhh, such Love in the air
smiley_emoticons_irre4.gif

The world is over so try not to get in your feelings if you weren't on Eligos' team.

It has been a lot of fun fighting dragons and Vicars of Violence as well as Wake of the Kracken. Personally I never ventured out into 65/75 area and had the pleasure of fighting OV, but I'm sure it would've been a lot fun.

I had a rough ride at the start of this server until I rejoined up with my buddies from other worlds in TBC at which point everything started to settle down and I could grow. I was in the top 100 fighters for the better half of the server until my former teammates tried to rim me from the sever. Tried but failed, horrifically.

Anyways, It is just a game, and if you are crying about losing one world, this really isn't the type of game you should be playing. So with all do respect to OV, WoTK, VoV, and Dragons;

Get out of your damn feelings and move on!!!
If the shoe was on the other foot I'd be congratulating the winning team. I hope to see both enemies and allies in the servers to come.

~Murda

DeletedUser52814

Dont worry PartTime... i am building a city right next to Charlie so i can wipe him from this server once we win in about 30 minutes. after that its bye bye charlie time :)

a small scuffle as Charlie would say :)