am i just stupid? Farming Villages

DeletedUser

OK, so I am new so pls. forgive me if i come across as stupid.
I was under the impression that once i join an allinace that all my farming villages become usable to all other members of the alliance without them having to conquer them?

DeletedUser

Nope, you have to do conquer the farms all on you're own.

DeletedUser

its fine, everyone is new at some point :)

What alliance does for farming villages is that everyone in the alliance can work in co-ordination to increase the levels of the farm. The farm levels give you more resources when you demand/loot, and you can also demand troops from level 3+ farms, though it is not recommended as you can do better with the resources then troops. By being part of an alliance, as long as you have alliance members on your island, you can work together on sending the resources to the farm villages to level them, which upgrading to level 2 is not a big amount of resources, once you start upgrading to say level 5, it will require a total of 72000 resources.

DeletedUser

As it was said before, you have to conquer farming villages on your own to control them.

Btw new farming system is fail imo... it was supposted to be easier, less tiring and quicker than old farming system. And it's totally different. If you want to farm max resources from villages, you have to click every 5 minutes... day and night ;p

For comparsion, on old system I had cities on 10 islands and farming all FVs took me about 3hours per day...

DeletedUser

As it was said before, you have to conquer farming villages on your own to control them.

Btw new farming system is fail imo... it was supposted to be easier, less tiring and quicker than old farming system. And it's totally different. If you want to farm max resources from villages, you have to click every 5 minutes... day and night ;p

For comparsion, on old system I had cities on 10 islands and farming all FVs took me about 3hours per day...

I totally agree with you. I like the look of new world but after farming for a day I lost interest. Once you have bunch of cities and you do not need to farm that actively it will not be that big a deal. But when you are starting in world, farming is very important.

It gives un fair advantage to guys who have no job and can play whole day. Guys with job and who are ready to pay for premium will feel cheated with this new farming system.

Yogesh

DeletedUser

+rep mate ;)
JfL alliance!(SW)
BURN IT TO THE GROUND.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I'll be honest, I like the new farming system. It requires endeavour, something I like. Yet I do see the ratios in what resources you get for clicking every x minutes are unfair; so much that a fair few people have taken to the ideas forum about it.

However, if you are unable to farm a long time each day, maybe you should think about the strategy you're using. I know a player that led a world after a week or two from boosting his mines for the most part, getting them to level 40 as soon as he possibly could. Maybe you shouldn't be too reliant on this farming, I don't know. :)

DeletedUser

I'm Sorry I have to dis-agree with you in some points. Firstly, yes it is a little unfair with ratios for the times but i can live with that...

My reasons for this is that it allows you to recruit the max amount of troops for a city, on 1.x server i would have about 65 horses and 75 slingers in my LS City because of the farming, now i dont have to recruit them thus saving me research points and i get an extra 27 LS.

Also You can basically farm whilst you are asleep, I am playing the Tau server and find it quite useful to be able to farm all villages just before im gonna hit the sack and can get a reasonable amount of resources and get it so i can farm at the right time when i get up, If that makes sense :D

DeletedUser345

Most annoying thing is you cant get back to your city without going on the rankings clicking your name and centering city and then yo have a bloody arrow on you for the whole time your playing...

DeletedUser

Most annoying thing is you cant get back to your city without going on the rankings clicking your name and centering city and then yo have a bloody arrow on you for the whole time your playing...

Thats gotta be wrong, theres a "city overview" button under the mini-map right at the top of main list on the left hand side of the screen lol

DeletedUser

ye and under the minimp is a 'go to current city' button. achilles noob :p

DeletedUser

Also You can basically farm whilst you are asleep, I am playing the Tau server and find it quite useful to be able to farm all villages just before im gonna hit the sack and can get a reasonable amount of resources and get it so i can farm at the right time when i get up, If that makes sense :D

That's nonsense, sir ;p
Yes you can click 600 or 300 minutes demand or loot option, and get some resources before sleep, but just imagine how many more resources you can get by clicking every 10 minutes during this time... ;p Of course nobody could live without sleep... but it's internet... There's no problem in having second person on the account, it's best if this person is from different timezone than us... and this person farms while we're asleep. In this situation normal players who sleep and play without replacement will get far behind such guys. We already had similar situation on Polish server...

On old farming system, especially with speed x1, you farmed every FV once per day, and you could go to bed even for 10 hours... Because mood regenerates very slowly. And actually it is old system where you could farm while you were asleep, just by sending troops to other village before hitting the sack.

Imo new farming system is too much no-life friendly and boring.

DeletedUser5859

That's nonsense, sir ;p
Yes you can click 600 or 300 minutes demand or loot option, and get some resources before sleep, but just imagine how many more resources you can get by clicking every 10 minutes during this time... ;p Of course nobody could live without sleep... but it's internet... There's no problem in having second person on the account, it's best if this person is from different timezone than us... and this person farms while we're asleep. In this situation normal players who sleep and play without replacement will get far behind such guys. We already had similar situation on Polish server...

On old farming system, especially with speed x1, you farmed every FV once per day, and you could go to bed even for 10 hours... Because mood regenerates very slowly. And actually it is old system where you could farm while you were asleep, just by sending troops to other village before hitting the sack.

Imo new farming system is too much no-life friendly and boring.

haha yea everyone makes good points.. i dislike it in some ways.. but like it in the sense that it is different..

to make it better i would def make the demands MUCH, much closer.. each one doubling up is crazy! I also think instead of looting they could just be the same it used to be.. send 25 horses and be done for a few hours :) also Achilles you went the long way to get to your city! but even ifff that button wasn't there under the map you could have memorized your coordinates!! :p

DeletedUser13729

there should be a farm all your available farms for x minutes in the island ur at opion. Clicking 30ish times each island each 10 minutes even if ur a nolifer gets veryvery booring quickly and im only at 3 decent farm islands with developing my 4th island in rho and i only can do it if multitask and even then my multitasking suffers abit. This should make the farming for nolifers abit more easier tbh and i cant imagine what the hell will we do when we reach 10-20 citys - Basicly all day long you should be able to farm - just jump city -next repeat LOL. Imagine that for a moment.

Have to mention tough for farming one island at once it works and gives a advantage if ur a nolifer but doesnt completly suck for new players who are trying to get the handle on it tough ,the problems start to really add up with several citys tbh.

DeletedUser

Yup, your idea would make things little easier, Garyrune. But it won't change the fact that if you want to get max resources per day (there is a limit ;p) you have to be online almost 24/7 and click every 10 minutes... As I said before, on old system you could get resources from 10 islands in about 3 hours. So it's a huge step backwards no matter how many times per 10 minutes you must click.

DeletedUser

OSL, but if you are a pc freak and can be at your PC from 5 to 5 or 10 to 10, just farming is a way better option, or to be overpowered, GO ULTRA FARM + 40LVL FARMS ^^

LE: LoL I still have the GrepoHugs signature :)) Long time since I last played Grepolis ^^

DeletedUser13729

Yup, your idea would make things little easier, Garyrune. But it won't change the fact that if you want to get max resources per day (there is a limit ;p) you have to be online almost 24/7 and click every 10 minutes... As I said before, on old system you could get resources from 10 islands in about 3 hours. So it's a huge step backwards no matter how many times per 10 minutes you must click.

Yeah thats the point ,not to reorganize ,just improve and it wouldnt even be a massive reform ,it would just help the nolifers or people who play at work or something to still farm effectivly when you reach many citys. Seriously i spend 12 hours or so atleast behind the computer since im a jobless slouch who finished school in the summer and i have yet to reach the limit - i admit that i dont do farming at each deadline tough and use 10 hour ones when i go to sleep to boost up my queues for the night.

Hell if you think its unfair at start make it instead of the spy research but id like to have it for free or have like that opion start when you own 5 citys if the developers and mods think it is to much of a boost ::eek:

Seriously in beta 2.0 ,how far did people go city count wise and how the hell was farming later,i have 4 citys currently - sending another cs later today in rho and i already have trouble keeping up - the farming takes me 2 minutes or so but it depends how slowpoke my mozilla or grepo is ofcourse but i imagine at ten i might be able to do constant farming if i slack only a little bit LOL.

DeletedUser

There's no problem in having second person on the account, it's best if this person is from different timezone than us... and this person farms while we're asleep.

That's against the rules, so I strongly advise anyone who wants to continue playing Grepolis to not listen to Dorsai's advice.

DeletedUser

I also advise not to play like that... ;p there would be no fun in such playing... But new system requires spending more time in this game, so people who don't have so much time and simultaneously have aspirations for top surely will use any way to reach #1 ... And this is just one of the ways, invented long time ago... Yes, this method is lame, noobish and against the rules, but unfortunately support can't prove guilt in this case.