Discussion are the mobile alerts good or bad?

DeletedUser

way back when i started this game nearly 3 years ago this game was immense. The use of Gold was minimal, all you could use it for was to speed up the senate and then for premium features, now it can be used for just about anything, speeding up troops, buying bonuses like in the easter shop and so on, extending spells and now cost reduction, Olympic games used to take 60hrs not 12hrs. i can understand that the game has to make money to be able to continue, the use of gold isnt my main point here. i quite like making the game as expensive as possible for a player who likes to use a lot of gold, this is where the fun is, not winning a server:)

in order to master the game you needed to be a master of working out peoples offline times and mapping out how they operated. now it seems this is all pretty pointless with the addition of this ridiculous alert that people get on their phones when they are being attacked. i mean whats the point? it actually dumbs the game down and makes it a lot easier for people rather than making the game more intriguing and interesting.

i played against someone who made an off the cuff remark about having an alert on his PC that told him when he was getting attacked so he could wake up to fend off attacks! he then got banned and was never seen again, all because he made what he thought was a clever remark to wind up his opposition. 2 years on and innogames decide that actually we need a system in which anyone can be alerted at any time of the day to let them know when they are being attacked. why not let people use bots aswell? i mean its pretty much the same isnt it? or have i missed something?

i geuss my point is do others think the addition of the alert system is a complete joke or is there actually someone out there who thinks its a good idea? im interested to see what others think about the alerts you can get on your mobile phones. im even more interested to hear an argument that is in favour of these alerts

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

P.S. i changed the title at the last minute so this is the reason there is now a bit about gold and so on at the beginning. my apologies for it starting off slightly off topic:(

DeletedUser

I think that at this point that grepo pc alarm needs to be unblocked because this whole mobile alert trash makes the game harder on the attacker- so now you either need to rely on them not being able to check their phone(lets be real many check their phone constantly throughout the day, at work or not), not knowing how to snipe attacks (getting unlucky) or not stacking their city before a CS.

It ruins the whole fabric of an EN server because a big part of warfare on grepolis is timing players & hitting while they are asleep or can't defend (which may be positive update for people that just like to defend- but it ruins it for attackers)

DeletedUser

I have to be honest, this game really intrigued me when I saw how the makers of grepo really cracked down on botters in this game. I have played other real-time strategy games and I watched them be ruined by botters.
I really enjoyed the whole mystery of figuring out when someone was online or not. Sadly with this whole mobile alert thing, this game is starting to lose its appeal to me.
Prior to the mobile alert, I would lose some cities to being offline, but I would gain some cities to being offline. This mobile alert really just encourages turtling up and sniping.
My vote (in case you couldn't already tell): mobile alerts are bad for the game as a whole.

DeletedUser

Also this thread should be moved to debate & discussion- its better suited there

DeletedUser9500

i can't reallly say how disapointed i am to hear that it has a become a usual practice for people to upload apps like the mobile alert on their phones. they install the app and then they reduce their online time as little as possible while they face no risk at all of finding themselves on the corner facing a siege on one of their cities,cause the mobile alert will inform them immediately and they can get online ask for help or snipe a siege..THAT IS NOT FAIR AT ALL!!
It ruins the interest to keep playing a world longterm...
Mods used to ban players who used apps like that..isn't the purpose of the game for one to thrive in the grepolis worlds by being the best he can be in combat tactics,team play, politics,sharpness,insight and many other attributes that do not rely on tech cheats?? If not plse inform us..:)
in short words this application although some might find it usefull its a disadvantage..the reason this game has so many loyal followers and is attractive is (to my opinion)because it used to be demanding in the way ones plays..the better one wanted to be,the more time he had to spent online and the more he had to perfect his skills...mobile alert and other cheats are far away from that spirit and if one looks deeper will see that it's opposite to the foundamental principles this game represents and was loved for them!

DeletedUser24285

Dear friends - we now have a new challenge (in my country we have challenges, not problems) - and that is for the attacker to catch the defendr off-guard.

Well we have all heard about the boy who kept calling wolf and when the wolf came nobody believed him. Well now I do many more fake attacks - at all times of day and night. What is the defender to do? His partner will object to being awakened several times a night by phone calls - His boss will get really fed up with all those calls going off in meetings - hell he could even have a car wreck.

OK so now us 'raptors have a new challenge - let us embrace it and make the Turtle's life a living nightmare!