Are you guys nuts (pnp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

^ "See, sarcasm right! You don't have hair and your PnP is certainly not good."
Rofl.. :D

DeletedUser

Nuts. me? Just because I like falling down stairs doesn't mean I'm nuts.

DeletedUser8969

pretty successful PnP cronus. anything eliciting that many frantic slipshod reactions definitely got into their head.

this whole thread reeks of desperation and desperation is a stinky perfume. MRA must not be going so well for you guys.

DeletedUser

pretty successful PnP cronus. anything eliciting that many frantic slipshod reactions definitely got into their head.
That isn't PnP, that is simply trolling.

that's not satire, more like sarcasm.

i know someone who can help. you should talk to doug. he uses sarcasm.

he knows all the tricks, dramatic irony, metaphor, bathos, puns, parody, litotes and... satire. He's vicious.

Be polite to the chap. Everyone is terrified of Doug. I've seen grown men pull their own heads off rather than see Doug. Even Cronus is frightened of Doug. Me too.

Sarcasm is satire.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

rofl anything that is against your alliance that your in you call trolling. As far as your response to my 'pnp' Since you levied personal insults towards me instead of a general response shows desperation and reactionary response. Since your in such a fragile state emotionally it is probably best that I dont respond to your response. As we dont want more personal insults being levied across the forums and staff having to step in.

as for the end of my post... nothing about it was insulting. If you find two guys kissing insulting (especially when soldiers from that time were all males) then I couldnt post a picture of a babe kissing a nerd as that would be insulting as well or someone else for that matter. People get insulted by everything now a days. Guess the best thing to do is for you to stop posting ;)

and nice to see that as I am the only one that really does pnp's :p that it takes both you and prime to respond to my pnp's. and accusing me of trolling is calling the kettle black :p

now that you have tried to drag my pnp off track with your personal insults and off topic banter I now have to do another pnp just to get it back on track :) stay tuned. Maybe you can respond to that one too by using simular pictures and remarks as you lack the ability to do up your own pnp.

and prime as for the nuts comment :p Jarp was the first to respond out of mra. however it was a comment for any that actually post in here without capability. Welcome to the club.

DeletedUser

In fact I bet your muscle men in your cities that are defending it are down to 2 from trying to gain resource farms. Walking into those cities arnt that hard. Especially when those two guys are distracted.

20040728-brocksmooch.jpg

Was there really any need for this?

DeletedUser

o noes i can't respond what shall I do??!1!11one

I know, i'll post random crap about bring personal issues into this and rule breaking and make another pnp. hopefully i have more luck with that one.
Maybe you should try reading my posts first.

rofl anything that is against your alliance that your in you call trolling. As far as your response to my 'pnp' Since you levied personal insults towards me instead of a general response shows desperation and reactionary response. Since your in such a fragile state emotionally it is probably best that I dont respond to your response. As we dont want more personal insults being levied across the forums and staff having to step in.
I never said that your thread was trolling. Socrates claimed that it was enough to get an emotional response. A person who creates a thread for the sole intent of getting an emotional response is defined as a troll. I do not believe this PnP is a troll attempt, more of an attempt at "PnP" which you unfortunately failed miserably at.

as for the end of my post... nothing about it was insulting. If you find two guys kissing insulting (especially when soldiers from that time were all males) then I couldnt post a picture of a babe kissing a nerd as that would be insulting as well or someone else for that matter. People get insulted by everything now a days. Guess the best thing to do is for you to stop posting ;)
Never did said that the joke was insulting. I said that some people may be offended by it and I said that the joke was not funny whatsoever and was a bit uncalled for. Again, did you read my post?

and nice to see that as I am the only one that really does pnp's :p that it takes both you and prime to respond to my pnp's. and accusing me of trolling is calling the kettle black :p
"i r pnp mastah!"
Also, I never accused you of trolling.

now that you have tried to drag my pnp off track with your personal insults and off topic banter I now have to do another pnp just to get it back on track :) stay tuned. Maybe you can respond to that one too by using simular pictures and remarks as you lack the ability to do up your own pnp.
This is a bit of a childish response, but I'll go at it... You started it. You insult myself personally even in the thread's title "Are you guys nuts".

and prime as for the nuts comment :p Jarp was the first to respond out of mra. however it was a comment for any that actually post in here without capability. Welcome to the club.
Prime is in MRA.

Congratulations on wasting even more forum space!

I'm still waiting on your reply to my rebuttal. But you can't make one, why? Because I'm right :D

EDIT:
Was there really any need for this?
Even owen agrees with me.

it can be. in this case sarcasm was snark. dinsdale doesn't like snark and might go and nail your head to the floor.
I think Raurio already defined Satire for you if you're still having trouble understanding.

DeletedUser

im sorry for getting you mad. can you ever forgive me? My sole intent was humor but with you being so fragile what with the stress of leading an alliance with 70% noncommittal players (proven by people already leaving your alliance) this must be too much for you. You can always have a nice cup of green tea and play some classical music to relax and let the woes of the game roll off your back.

DeletedUser

im sorry for getting you mad. can you ever forgive me? My sole intent was humor but with you being so fragile what with the stress of leading an alliance with 70% noncommittal players (proven by people already leaving your alliance) this must be too much for you. You can always have a nice cup of green tea and play some classical music to relax and let the woes of the game roll off your back.

images

By the way, still waiting on that reply Cronus...

DeletedUser8969

satire

A literary technique of writing or art which principally ridicules its subject often as an intended means of provoking or preventing change.

Snarky

Snide and sarcastic; usually out of irritation

i think the second definition is closer to what you achieved. satire implies artistic merit and stringing together a bunch of internet memes is more derivative than artistic. but continue....this hasn't bored me yet.

DeletedUser

satire

A literary technique of writing or art which principally ridicules its subject often as an intended means of provoking or preventing change.
Although you most likely picked the most "fancy" definition to try to throw readers off, this is what I have done. I ridiculed Cronus' PnP by creating my own similar one.

Snarky
Snide and sarcastic; usually out of irritation
Correct, although I believe you may be confused. An example of "snarky" would be replying to a perfectly reasonable with a sarcastic line of some sort.

Ex) "Can I go to the bathroom?" "I don't know can you." Although the first speaker's grammar was incorrect, a snarky person would reply with the unnecessary answer just as speaker number 2 had done.

i think the second definition is closer to what you achieved. satire implies artistic merit and stringing together a bunch of internet memes is more derivative than artistic. but continue....this hasn't bored me yet.
No, it doesn't. It does not say anywhere in YOUR definition that satire implies artistic merit at all. You're trying to confuse people using a "fancy definition" to convince them that Satire must be something of a book. For example, the "Weekend Update" skit from Saturday Night Live is certainly no work of literary genius however it is still defined as satire as it is used to ridicule many news casts. As for stringing together a bunch of internet memes? I don't think you know what an internet meme is. I haven't used many in my thread. If you want me to make an internet meme PnP then I will, I know most all of them.

;)

DeletedUser8969

SNL weekend update is more of a parody than satire. there is no attempt to change opinions or solidify them. The Daily Show with John Stewart is satire with elements of parody thrown in.

it's been fun winding you up and watching you go today, but the entertainment value for me is dropping and i've stuff to do.

i'll check in tomorrow and see if you are still desperately seeking to assert dominance. so supply a few minutes of entertainment between farming runs.

DeletedUser

SNL weekend update is more of a parody than satire. there is no attempt to change opinions or solidify them. The Daily Show with John Stewart is satire with elements of parody thrown in.

it's been fun winding you up and watching you go today, but the entertainment value for me is dropping and i've stuff to do.

i'll check in tomorrow and see if you are still desperately seeking to assert dominance. so supply a few minutes of entertainment between farming runs.

Satire - The use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule (parody) to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of...

I used all 4.

images

DeletedUser

Only the first one seems to be somewhat like mine :p

I just copied pretty much what Cronus said and added leet speak + other pictures.

I think that the merger of these two threads has ruined my PnP. I would like if they were returned to their original state.

DeletedUser

Hello there.

I've jumped in and cleaned up a lot of the posts in this thread. It's kinda obvious. Take this post as the obligatory "Behave yourselves Please" post. Because that is what it is.

DeletedUser

Look the troll is back.....yeeeehaw.....

Pretty sure i'm the one getting trolled here, but w/e. Btw, I saw that picture of me at the table, not sure where I gave you the feminine idea from.

It was pretty obvious socrates had no idea what the literary terms he googled meant, hell, who would just know what bathos is? At least most would know to not imply that satire excludes sarcasm..

Edit: I also don't like the merger of the two PnPs... People may think I actually responded to, or liked *shudder*, Cronus's PnP.

DeletedUser8969

Pretty sure i'm the one getting trolled here, but w/e. Btw, I saw that picture of me at the table, not sure where I gave you the feminine idea from.

It was pretty obvious socrates had no idea what the literary terms he googled meant, hell, who would just know what bathos is? At least most would know to not imply that satire excludes sarcasm..

Edit: I also don't like the merger of the two PnPs... People may think I actually responded to, or liked *shudder*, Cronus's PnP.

you should re-read my posts. you obviously didn't understand what i said. if you understood the meaning of satire you surely would have. or perhaps you understood and are just trolling. don't really care which as this thread bores me now.

someone who would know the definition of bathos is someone with a degree in English Literature or someone with an abiding interest in classical sketch comedy. Perhaps someone fitting both categories.

Status
Not open for further replies.