Passed Athena spell upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Proposal: Alter Athena's City Protection spell so that spells can be activated against it.

Reason: Athena is an almost useless god and this spell is pretty stupid as is. if cast on a city it prevents the offensive spell from going off.

Details: Have Offensive spells and defensive spells go off at the city under protection but they have no effect. This will drain the enemies favor and protect your city. As it is the spell lasts for 6 hours on a spd 1 world and 2 hours on a spd 3 world. All the enemy has to do is bide his time and cast later. This will make those mistakes more costly. People only cast city protection anyways when they are under uber spell attacks.

Visual Aids:

Balance: This actually creates balance from what i can see.

Abuse Prevention: can keep casting city protection almost indefinately to protect a city.. so increase the cost of city protection to 200 favor.

Summary: Posiedon wont look at a city and say... mmm that city has city protection cast on it so I wont cast my spell earthquake. Rather he would cast the spell and watch it splash over the protective dome of the city and say.... oh . I can see spells from Athena not working at all and saving favor but other gods wouldnt know.

DeletedUser

i actually like it . . . it would make sense to be able for ur enemies to still cast spells and waste favor.

DeletedUser22115

I like it. +rep for Cronus. would be a great bonus to the game

DeletedUser8790

Great idea! I also think you should be able to cast Heroic power on cities with incoming attacks, not to redirect your post, Sorry

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

mmmm dont like that one Callinectes... the game mostly favors the defender in way of attack vs defense and that would add a bit too much in the defenders way than what it already leans towards.

DeletedUser8790

yeah I know but any chance to add more defense is good for me

DeletedUser

....However I will tell you. I am not a newbie. I played alpha for about 6 months then I left due to RL and now I have come back under a different name :) I also love the show on Ch 7 called Castle :)

ummm off topic much ? o_O

moved to improvements

DeletedUser23986

NOT A GOOD IDEA!

if you hate athena's spell, wait for a hero world and then enjoy purification.Hero world needs to be unique!!!This idea will destroy its specialty.

DeletedUser

lol I like it!

and no it will be even better for hero world.
if you cast a spell find out city is protected and then cleans it it will just be that much harder for the spell caster but not to much harder that we cant expect you to do it.

Thane Badger

Phrourach
Not sure what this is proposing.

a) You cast city protection once and it blocks all spells for 6 hours costing any attacker the full favor every time he casts a spell.

That's a huge upgrade.

b) The attacker casts his spell but it is ineffective, however as the spell is cast no one else can cast the same spell during the time the ineffective spell remains in force. But other attackers can cast different kinds of spells using more favor.

This is far more balanced.

c) Each time a spell is cast against divine protection the 2 spells cancel each other out and have to be recast.

This is the weakest option of the 3 but still better than the existing set up.

DeletedUser33530

NOT A GOOD IDEA!

if you hate athena's spell, wait for a hero world and then enjoy purification.Hero world needs to be unique!!!This idea will destroy its specialty.
Sadly hero worlds are not unique. I like this idea but it would probably have a lot of people complaining about disappearing favor.

DeletedUser10962

I like it but it is open to abuse. All smart players wouldn't try and do a bolt/quake first without casting wedding, treasure of the underworld or kingly gift first so you would only lost 25/30 favour. However I actually think this makes it more balanced in a way as you don't cost people 350 favour only a small amount.

DeletedUser

I like it but it is open to abuse. All smart players wouldn't try and do a bolt/quake first without casting wedding, treasure of the underworld or kingly gift first so you would only lost 25/30 favour. However I actually think this makes it more balanced in a way as you don't cost people 350 favour only a small amount.

There is always a work around, unless you make it only negative spells are intercepted by it.

-Vys

DeletedUser

Don't like this. Waste of dev time IMO. Let's get the bugs fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.