Athens Weekly- Alternative News | Issue Three

DeletedUser

Athens Weekly | Issue Three

Hello everyone, this is the third issue of my newspaper, Athens Weeky.

We start this week's edition with the interviews.

Being interviewed this week are Hagop abroumian, of Two for Flinching, ChRoNiC520 of Viking Warlords, and finally Pet Wyrd of Voodoo People.

What is it that made you join Two for Flinching?

When Athens started I made a premade named The Rosato Family but it didn't work out.I ran the alliance for 2 days but lost hope cause I knew it didn't have any future and when I was thinking about this I got a mail from freaknasty in which he told me that he saw my fast growth and wanted me to join his alliance 24F.That times 24F wasn't known at all cause there were only 1 member besides me and freak.I was a little non-confused but because I knew my alliance didn't have any future I disbanded it and joined 24F.

What are your targets?

Well I can only tell that we are attacking anyone and everyone in O54 and are expanding little by little to O44.We are now on a big war against DoM so we can claim O54 as our own ocean stronghold.

Where do you see your alliance in 2 months?

In 2 months I see 24F in a very good position with great players and great ABP.

Are you pleased with your progress so far?

I am very pleased with the progress so far and it was proven that my and freaknasty's work didn't go to waste.

What is it that made you start Viking Warlords?

Friend and I decided that we were going to start in Athens, we talked about it for weeks. So him and I did some talking and came up with the name Viking Warlords. I then went around our other world asking some of the best players if they wanted to come over to Athens with us. Most did, and here we are. Never thought it was going to turn out quite like this, but, we are having a lot of fun and this is more sure the best world world I have played in so far.

What are your targets?

Our targets... anyone not friendly with the Warlords.

I hope to see the alliance on the same path it is now, we have great leaders full of knowledge of the game and everyone gets along very well. My hope would be to see the same steady growth in the next two months as the last month.

We have had our bumps in the road but every battle, siege or siege break brings us closer together and more willing to fight for each other. Yes, I am very pleased with everyone.

What is it that made you start Voodoo People?

Some time when Eta was still young I first started playing Grep. I managed somehow to get myself into a really decent alliance. I saw what constituted a good team in these vast waves of the internet we call home, and i learned so much in a short time. Since then I've played on many servers, but never really found an alliance which i thought was suitable. The only good alliances now seem to be pre-made packages with folk who have already fought with one another, and a lot of these are hesitant to take on new players. Voodoo People is different. It's a new build alliance, not one person knows another from other worlds, we have a fine mixture of knowledge from experienced players that are willing to teach, eagerness from new players who are willing to learn, and great communication. - That was the original inspiration, and that's what we have been gifted with.

What are your targets?

Our targets are ever changing. There's nothing more dangerous than an idea than having only one. I would go as far to say that we aim to still give new players an enjoyable and educational place to come, while offering experienced players a solid team with which to work from.

Still in the top 12 somewhere, protecting our native Oceans and cleaning up our islands. Hopefully by then with a slightly better ABP so we can get rid of this weak MRA stigma we've been tarred with! ;D - As anyone whos been fighting us so far know, we're slightly more organised than your run of the mill MRA.

It's excellent to watch our members turning up together in force at vital times, seeing the excitement as a new player takes his/her first city. Every time I see a question answered in depth within 5 minutes of it being posed, i smile. Voodoo People have pride and love for one another. Naturally, there is room for improvement, but we're about on par. As a relatively unknown player myself, i couldn't have asked for a better team.

Sader80 Hits 30k

A special congratulations to Sader80 who has hit 30k points.

Another congratulations to Gomodo who is now well over 10k ABP.

Now for this week's standings!

PYFiU.jpg

sNjYR.jpg

And to finish, we have 2 reports from NmE.

qyt07.jpg

tHGkZ.jpg

That's all for this week guys!

The next edition will be up sometime next week.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Thanks for all the kind words :)

+rep, how long do these issues take to put together?

Well, I put bits into a word doc over the week and then just take it out of that and put it on the forum :p

DeletedUser

Good work, but might I suggest talking to and about alliances outside of the top 12? It's always nice to see who's in charge at the moment, but keeping tabs on upcoming alliances wouldn't hurt either.

DeletedUser

The Enlightened, SunTzu, and DreadFleet are some great up and coming alliances.

DeletedUser

The Enlightened was mentioned in the first issue I think but I will try to mention those alliances in the 5th of 24F.

DeletedUser

Yeah it would be interesting to see some lower ranked alliances get interviewed, just to switch things up a bit and see whats going on outside of the top 10.

DeletedUser

I've already contacted one alliance outside the top 12, The Englightened, and I'm going to contact more :)

DeletedUser

I didn't start on the 5th issue yet cause I am waiting for the downfall of DoM (yes we conquered their best players best city and will continue on it) I think I will make the 5th issue sometimes next week so I can have plenty of reports.