Attack landing same time as CS

DeletedUser

What happens if an attack lands at the exact same time as the CS?

Eg, Clearing attack lands 15:03:10 and the CS is down as the exact same time.

Does it go to decimals?

DeletedUser

it never happens, the + or -15 law plays it role here :D

Never happens? You're joking, right?

@owen66, I'm fairly certain that the regular attack comes before the Colony Ship attack, in the event order, but not 100%.

DeletedUser

No, it just has happened Arul.

Two different people have attacked, one being a CS. The +/- difference took it onto the same time.

edit: thanks corinthian. can anyone confirm?

DeletedUser

I'll get a CS built later, and if nobody has confirmed it, I'll try to replicate it and see what happens. Although I suppose by then you'll know, depending on the travel time of your own CS.

DeletedUser

I will know later and I'll try to remember to post the results here :)

DeletedUser

No two battles can take place at the same time. The game only reports the arrival time down to the second. The server looks at nanoseconds. One will arrive and complete its task before any other attacks do.

While they are showing as arriving in the same second, we have no way of telling which one will arrive first. The reports will show this after the event.

DeletedUser

You find out which one lands first by looking at the Attack ID, found in your brower element code (varies between browsers). The one with the lower Attack ID will land first 99% of the time (there has been a case or two where it wasn't the case, but I honestly think it was just the players in question not doing it correctly).

DeletedUser

this just happened to me, the one that appears first in the commands overview lands first.

DeletedUser

this just happened to me, the one that appears first in the commands overview lands first.

Not necessarily. You'll find that sometimes attacks landing at the same second can switch places in the command overview multiple times while in transit. The above method I outlined is the best way to find out which attack lands first and I've never had a problem with it.

DeletedUser

Can anyone tell me how to find the attack id within my browser element code? I have a mac running safari.

DeletedUser

You find out which one lands first by looking at the Attack ID, found in your brower element code (varies between browsers). The one with the lower Attack ID will land first 99% of the time (there has been a case or two where it wasn't the case, but I honestly think it was just the players in question not doing it correctly).

This thread is listed as answered, but there is still the question of how to find this Attack ID in the browser element code. This information would be helpful as the other day a player had a clearing attack that showed to arrive at same second as CS (CS launched by another player) so to prevent any possible friendly fire on the CS, the clearing attack was canceled. If we knew how to locate this ID perhaps we wouldn't have had to cancel. thanks

DeletedUser25074

No need to go into all that detail lol. Which ever attack has the longest travel time lands first if they are all showing the same second.

If you launched your CS on a 15 hour trip and the clearing's were only 4-5 hours your Cs will land first and clearings after.

If you launched long range clearings with a short range CS so CS take 1 hour and clearings 5 hours your clearings will land first CS after.

I have tested this and found it too be true. I had 3 clearings all land in the same second and they landed in the order that i launched them in. Many Many times i have had Clearings land at the same time as a CS and never have they ever landed before the CS because every time the CS was in the water before the clearing's.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

The "whichever attack was launched first, will be processed first, when two attacks land in the same second" method joseph-laff mentions is not accurate 100% of the time, but it does almost always work out that way.

DeletedUser25074

Has been 100% of the time for me and everyone else i know. Also as i said i have landed 3 attacks in the same second they landed in the order i launched them. Doing it with 2 attacks and it happening every time every so often coincidence sure maybe but doing that then getting a triple hit in the very same second in the order they were launched i think not.