Pending Attacks land out of order

DeletedUser

World: Xi

Browser and Version: Firefox 14.0

Overview of the bug: Before the most recent downtime, I very carefully set up a series of attacks, ending with a CS, and support following that. (It was set up so that it would all go down in about a minute.) I was able to log back on minutes after it was all supposed to happen.

When I was able to log back on, it shows that contrary to how I had set things up, the support landed before the attacks. Therefore my attacks took out all my support, not only have I wasted substantial hours put into setup (the CS took 21 hours to arrive), but I now have no troops, because my own troops wiped each other out. I seriously hope this is fixable. I am certain that the problem was not with my timing.

How often this occurs: One-time thing.

Urgency: This is absolutely game changing. I have lost something like ten thousand troops, and I guess I failed to take over the city because my own troops prevented me from doing so.

Preventative Actions: Nothing.

Summary: In addition to the overview above, I have this: the servers briefly came on for a few minutes at around 7:09 UTC-7. At that time, my reports showed my support landing first, and all other attacks landing after. Then the servers went down again for a few minutes.

When they came back on (and they've been on since), my reports have changed. On the one hand, there are reports showing the attacks arriving in order. This is different from the above -- there were no such reports before. On the other hand, there's additional weird reports that have my attacks landing 3 minutes after (these are the ones that wiped out my troops). I had no attacks scheduled to land at 7:03 (everything was supposed to go down by 7:01). I still have no troops. (Screenshots below.)

I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes -- nothing as far as I can see because it is related to the crash.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-07-26 at 7.21.34 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-07-26 at 7.21.34 AM.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 14
  • Screen Shot 2012-07-26 at 7.21.43 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-07-26 at 7.21.43 AM.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 18
  • Screen Shot 2012-07-26 at 7.32.04 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-07-26 at 7.32.04 AM.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Well, what was the outcome? Were the troops replaced and everything rectified? This would be absolutely game-changing, and may lead some to pack it in and quit for good if it were to happen and not be fixed. I'd like to know what the resolution was, the server issues lately validate my hesitance towards actually spending any real money here.

DeletedUser

Well, what was the outcome? Were the troops replaced and everything rectified? This would be absolutely game-changing, and may lead some to pack it in and quit for good if it were to happen and not be fixed. I'd like to know what the resolution was, the server issues lately validate my hesitance towards actually spending any real money here.

I've submitted a ticket but I haven't heard anything (my guess is that they're swamped with tickets relating to the crash). As of now, however, the few empty transports left are still traveling back, and I have received BP from the attacks. If I agree with what you say: if this isn't fixed, I may call it quits; this is an egregious bug.

DeletedUser5

One thing I'll say on this is that server outages happen. It is impossible to guarantee 100% up-time, as servers tend to have a mind of their own, and fail at the worst possible times.

There is no service that you will find that guarantees 100% up-time, in their terms and conditions, they normally state that they can guarantee 99.5% up-time, since things do happen.

Stating that you're considering quitting because of the server outages is rather ignorant, and completely unfair. It's the same with bugs; it is impossible to create software and guarantee for it to be bug free, no matter how many times you test the code, there will always be something that can happen to cause a bug that you haven't found. This bug will be no different, and once the problem has been correctly identified, I can guarantee that the developers will attempt to rectify the issue.

DeletedUser

This bug will be no different, and once the problem has been correctly identified, I can guarantee that the developers will attempt to rectify the issue.

See this from the post directly above yours:

however normally units are not replaced, and compensation is not given for any 'bugs' within the game.

If I quit, it won't be because there's not 100 percent uptime; I agree that doing so would be short-sighted. Rather, it's that a day long CS attempt was thrown away, roughly 80 percent of my total troops were lost, and there's no compensation. (If anything, this seems unfair.) Given that this is a game, I don't really want to have to rebuild all troops from scratch.

DeletedUser5

See this from the post directly above yours:

If I quit, it won't be because there's not 100 percent uptime; I agree that doing so would be short-sighted. Rather, it's that a day long CS attempt was thrown away, roughly 80 percent of my total troops were lost, and there's no compensation. (If anything, this seems unfair.) Given that this is a game, I don't really want to have to rebuild all troops from scratch.

Oh, I'm well aware of the fact that compensation is never given. I've been the one to break that bad news many times in the past. I never mentioned that they would compensate you, I merely meant that they will fix whatever caused this.

Regardless of the fact that your support killed off your troops, there is a chance that the CS attempt could have failed anyway, and that you would have lost all of your troops. If that had happened, would you have been complaining that you now have to replace all of your troops? I very much doubt it.

Now I know that this isn't the case, and that you in fact lost them because your support killed your attacks; but surely if you enjoy the game, rebuilding should be a part of what you enjoy? Troops are there to be used, and if they're lost, to be rebuilt. Surely it's better to use the troops than to have them sat in your cities doing nothing?

DeletedUser

Well, what was the outcome?

"While the problem should be fixable in the long term to prevent it happening again, we are unable to give out troops and units to players for players that are affected by this issue."

This was basically the answer in the response to my ticket.

DeletedUser

Regardless of the fact that your support killed off your troops, there is a chance that the CS attempt could have failed anyway, and that you would have lost all of your troops. If that had happened, would you have been complaining that you now have to replace all of your troops? I very much doubt it.

Clearly I would not be complaining. As you go on to note, this isn't actually the case.

if you enjoy the game, rebuilding should be a part of what you enjoy? Troops are there to be used, and if they're lost, to be rebuilt. Surely it's better to use the troops than to have them sat in your cities doing nothing?

It would take about a week of full rebuilding, with no ability to attack (while other attacks are coming in). And even once things are rebuilt, it's possible for the same thing to happen again and wipe out all that progress. No thanks. Again, this is a game; I'm not that committed to it.

DeletedUser

I agree that a server which isn't up 100% of the time isn't a reason to quit. However, it is a game, it's meant to be fun, and if all your gaming is lost due to a server error you might be faced with weighing just how fun it is to rebuild from scratch in a world where you actively face atacks. It's not my problem, I wasn't going to quit, but I'd like to know the frequency of such happenings... and if you spent gold to hasten that lost build-up that really sucks.

DeletedUser

Besides, I think the more people online and active the more fun it is. I wouldn't want to lose good players from the game because of bugs, I think jonahmn would be justified in wanting his loses compensated, and anyone else's loses too. It should be kept fun and fair, and loosing a mass of troops to a server error doesn't sound fun or fair... but losing troops in gameplay is part of the game.

DeletedUser

I think that's totally unfair. Xi is so slow that it'll take ages to rebuild not only his defense but his offense too.

Oh well, he's just put up his cities for sale and we lose another good player.

DeletedUser22590

The frequency of this bug is alarming.

It is not because of server downtime, it is a problem in their coding, and they will admit that it is a bug, but no recompense is offered at all.

It has happened in world Athens numerous times. Massive losses on our own troops caused a ripple effect to our players, and we were told the exact same thing.

GOLD USERS BEWARE. CS TIME TRAVELING BUG IS VERY REAL.

EDIT:
Our losses were in the millions of res, one week into the Wonder Era. Full nukes were lost on the water , they were crashing into our own support that was timed to land after the CS.

DeletedUser21774

Yep... sucked about $80 gold down the drain.... hear that sound... the crackling of a dried up wallet. SHAME SHAME SHAME.

DeletedUser9465

Something very similar happened to me and one of my team-mates in Delphi today. Both his CSs that were supposed to land right after my attacks (my last attack, the one that cleared the city, was at 2:49:53 and his first CS attack was at 2:49:54, while the second was at 2:50:07) were killed. The 20k troops that I've cleared at 2:54:53 where back alive for both his CS attacks. I mean exactly the same troops and transports. A support ticket was filed but from what I read here I realize that nothing can be done to fix the outcome. Need I say that it was a city located on an enemy world wonder island? Bah, all the the effort to time the attacks lost because of a server outage.... The innogames guys should really do better than this.

DeletedUser

Attack Time Jumbling

Just a warning to all Grepolis players. In the last week i have been part of 3 operations where attack times changed. In the last instance our attacks landed 5 minutes after they were supposed to. We have all put in several tickets but as far as i can tell Innogames isnt doing anything about it. In fact they havent even seen to it to apologize to me for what has happened. All three of these attacks were on World Wonder related cities and two of them would have been game changing and have broken a wonder. All three had 10K+ Biremes landing in the first our, most right away with much much more coming in afterwards. On the 3rd attempt now fewer than 15 land/LS nukes crashed into out own support. We all have screen shots proving there was a huge problem here. Putting in a support ticket was at best a waste of time.

I strongly encourage everyone to not start in any new worlds until this issue has been fixed. It has ruined the game for 250 players. (1o months of playing down the drain) It has been extremely frustrating losing all our troops and all our time on a doomed Op. No one is being told about this bug but i wanted it to get out there.

Thank you for reading