Aurora Ghosted their city under siege

DeletedUser

For the record:

Wolfpack had an Aurora city under siege (their player. Spartamarine).

Aurora asks Exiled Renegades and Lacking Diplomacy for help in breaking the siege. That didn't seem to work.

So instead of taking one on the chin - they didn't want to have stats show that Wolfpack took a city from them....they Ghosted, quit.

Now they are asking for help from the above alliances, and The Hawklords, in helping them protect a city they landed a CS in (Because Wolfpack broke the last siege they had on one of our cities).

I guess Aurora isn't as strong as they thought they were.

DeletedUser

Cravens.. Bloody cravens.

To those that flee comes neither power nor glory - Homer
The man who runs away will fight again - Menander

DeletedUser5554

They never asked us for help Aurora it made clear to us that they only and I do mean ONLY wanted an NAP with LD.

I'll tell you what I told don though. Don't get too worked up over a single win anything can happen but good job to Wolfpack and nice to see you here. :D

DeletedUser

I did not post this to beat my chest. I simply wanted a public record as grepostats will never show it.

Forseti did send an attack at our bireme (which is the only attack that did do some damage)...so that is why I said they called on LD to help bail them out of the situation. Maybe they didn't call on the entire alliance but they had to go outside of their team.

DeletedUser

Aurora ghosted a city that was under siege. That is the topic.

edit: and our player will not be going ghost, but will take the loss like a fair player.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5554

Is your founder still under siege or did they break that?

DeletedUser

He will lose the city. But I said that already if you read above: "our player will not be going ghost, but will take the loss like a fair player."

You only post to brag and goad in your teenager way. I have said everything on this topic that needs to be said.

DeletedUser

As far as I'm concerned Aurora does not care a single bit about the stats you speak of... the player ghosted his city without being told to do so from the alliance because he felt that hope was loss and he might as well begin the construction of the new one.

DeletedUser31161

and this was because you Wolpack didn't want to continue the pact with us

DeletedUser5554

No I really wasn't insulting the guy. I was seriously asking what was up...

As far as I'm concerned Aurora does not care a single bit about the stats you speak of... the player ghosted his city without being told to do so from the alliance because he felt that hope was loss and he might as well begin the construction of the new one.

So wait...You guy's couldn't break the siege...?

DeletedUser

No I really wasn't insulting the guy. I was seriously asking what was up...

So wait...You guy's couldn't break the siege...?

Yeah ... The player ghosted his town because he felt like his city was lost and it was not worth the alliance wasting the Light Ships to save his small city only a month into the world.

But we did siege their leader's city in the process and took that.

DeletedUser

Basically, the problem was lack of tripwires in Spartamarines city and he was offline when Wolf sent in both the clearance and the CS. Then Wolf basically told his 300+ members to send all they had in the way of defences to support the city= nothing wrong with that, except many cities were then left exposed, so we quickly sent in 2 x CS and took both cities in the process. We were totally unaware of the conquest on Spartamarine until there was near on 200 biremes supporting the city, by this time it was being questioned whether breaking the siege would be cost effective. This was with reports of more support arriving from these 300 members. So in the end after a few failed attempts we decided as an alliance that the cost was too great and the chance of breaking too slim. We did hope Wolf would pull some support when we sent a CS to his city, which then enable Forseti to break with his solid LS attack, however Wolf decided to keep the support in the siege and allow our CS to land..Which is kinda strange as it was city with 1k more points than that of the city Sparta was losing.

Anyway when our CS landed in Wolf and we realised he had no intention of pulling any support, Sparta decided to ghost his city and start again. Rather than waiting another 10 hours.

DeletedUser

Yeah bummer. So you are saying that the counter siege would have worked right?

DeletedUser5554

Basically, the problem was lack of tripwires in Spartamarines city and he was offline when Wolf sent in both the clearance and the CS. Then Wolf basically told his 300+ members to send all they had in the way of defences to support the city= nothing wrong with that, except many cities were then left exposed, so we quickly sent in 2 x CS and took both cities in the process. We were totally unaware of the conquest on Spartamarine until there was near on 200 biremes supporting the city, by this time it was being questioned whether breaking the siege would be cost effective. This was with reports of more support arriving from these 300 members. So in the end after a few failed attempts we decided as an alliance that the cost was too great and the chance of breaking too slim. We did hope Wolf would pull some support when we sent a CS to his city, which then enable Forseti to break with his solid LS attack, however Wolf decided to keep the support in the siege and allow our CS to land..Which is kinda strange as it was city with 1k more points than that of the city Sparta was losing.

Anyway when our CS landed in Wolf and we realised he had no intention of pulling any support, Sparta decided to ghost his city and start again. Rather than waiting another 10 hours.

Probably because if he pulled his support he'd lose his biremes in the process due to them attacking upon return and jeopardize his siege :p Also yes late heads up's will kill you. Can only imagine how frustrated some players felt about that.

ND It's all about timing as Rhaurc put it they got up to 300 biremes before ghosting with tons more incoming and as Exploro said it was too strong. However depending on how far apart they came and when they figured out Aurora could have broken it like anyone could have. Ultimately it goes as follows for what happened.

85% Sparta not being on.
10% Aurora not being able to make it in time/not having the units ready to break the siege in the hotzone.
5% Sparta failing to realize the danger of his area.

Overall this can be a good or bad thing for either side.

DeletedUser

Just wasted an hour on this silly sight and had a few lols, shame we let ourselves get bested on that one, would point out the attacking did not actually come from WP at all but my trip went from a maelstrom player who was too small to have conquest, while I wondered how he could have cleared him did natural thing and supported, by the time sparta was on to tell us to pull support, clearance was a bit of a waste.
Let it also be understood that on 44 there were effectively 18 players from aurora compared to over 130 WP (plus hangers on)

Well done getting the job done, but if it takes that many of you to make a 2 to one swap with our most inactive player you are in trouble now your city ratio is dropping :)

I'd also like to express my thanks to those WP players who are good guys, namely the 2 who after being conquered had the good grace to say well done and wish us luck, a stark contrast to the language and insults (albeit mediocre ones) used by some in the WP leadership.

DeletedUser

Welcome to the externals Rhaurc..:)

People here actually fail to realise that it is "just" Aurora members in 44 fighting WP atm...I say atm(at the moment) because the guys in 55 could be joining in the fun shortly. I would also like to point out that Aurora havnt even made any declaration of war upon WP either, so on that note they are not even being singled out. Which I suppose is a shame for other alliances in Delos because im sure they would all love Aurora to just have their work concentrated onto one target.