Band of Brothers

DeletedUser10751

If you are selected to join us you will be regarded as a brother, and treated as such.

Our recruitment policy involves a four step process.

1. You must be nominated by someone already in the alliance.
2. Background check is performed.
3. He/she answers a questionnaire
4. Then a vote is performed by the entire crew.

Don't bother applying if you:

1.Can't speak english.
2.Are younger than 18 years old (exceptions might be made) Are immature
3.Are a jerk.

We are looking to form friendships with smart, active and hard working members who will contribute to the alliance.

We will be located in the NW, so ocean 44.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

We are willing to make some exceptions to the under 18 yr old requirment, but we are seeking more mature members.

DeletedUser

Of course, humor is always good. We had some kids in our last alliance, and all we did defend them. In our experience they didn't really bring much to the alliance. Now, that's not saying there are not some good pre 18 yr olds out there, the we wouldn't consider. Undoubtedly there are. And they are welcome to apply.

DeletedUser

there isn't any difference between an 15 years old who know how to play and an 18 years old who also knows how to play

DeletedUser

What about maturity? That's really what we are after, as most of our member are considerably older then that. I do have one person who is 15 that is applying and do not want to discourage anyone who is interested in applying. Just be aware we are seeking more mature people.

DeletedUser

give it a shoot
How old do you think I'm and how old do you think i joined GP ?

DeletedUser

I don't know enough about you yet to make that determination. That's stuff that comes out later in game. The age requirment seems to be a real lstumbling block, but we do have our reasons. and most of them come from in game experiences.

DeletedUser6810

Ok i think its safe to say that you guys are bringing up silly arguements here that dont need to be debated.

"Do you have a problem with under 18's "

The under 18 arguements are based on a steroetypical view on a generalisation of kids that act immaturely across the internet. The reason that under 18's has become such an issue is because people remember the arseholes and attention seekers, more than they do the other 10% of the under 18's group that actually play well and act mature. Im sure applicants under 18 that come across mature will be given a chance.

"Why is that. You'll need Humour "

Why do you generalise humour with only under 18's? iv played plenty of games over the net to know that even people at the age of 40+ can have a laugh and a good time. A sense of humour differs from person to person, not age group to age group.

"there isn't any difference between an 15 years old who know how to play and an 18 years old who also knows how to play "

Like i have stated earlier in the post, most people look at people under 18 on the internet as kids because of bad experiences with similar aged people with a total lack of maturity. He has said that people under 18 that play well and act mature will be given a chance.

"give it a shoot
How old do you think I'm and how old do you think i joined GP ? "

Frankly put i would say your under 20, because of your outrage at the issue being discussed.

At the end of the day people need to understand that they are recruiting the player more than anything else, stereo types aside, if a guy of any age spams the forum, taunts people in game for no reason and isnt a team player, they wont be a desireable applicant. Imo, that is the type of person the Original poster is trying to deter, if anything he could edit his post to make it less offensive.

But with freedom of speech and all that crap, who cares? really?

DeletedUser

well i am 14 and i can play better than lots of people (not everyone im not bragging)

DeletedUser

Chalna, it's just not about ability. I'm sure there are a number of younger players that could mop the floor with me, ok. It's about being able to communicate with each other and building a rapport that we feel we can succeed with.

DeletedUser

it means agreemeant

Chalna, it's just not about ability. I'm sure there are a number of younger players that could mop the floor with me, ok. It's about being able to communicate with each other and building a rapport that we feel we can succeed with.

i can communicate trust me on that one just ask anyone

if i wanted to, grepo stats could help me get any mass mail list i want

DeletedUser

You arguing your maturity is just proving his point.

Younger players have a tendency to react poorly to stressful situations more so than do mature players.

They generally don't *****, whine, complain when things don't go their way, act impulsively or question authority for the sake of being delinquents.

With age comes reason, and hopefully wisdom, as those older already know intelligence does not make a person useful by itself. I often thought having an older, more mature group of players forming an alliance would be a great thing.

DeletedUser

Hmm looking pretty good.

However, when you say over "18", you probably might want to substitute that with "mature" players seeing as how people can so easily lie about their age but they cant necessarily lie about how mature they are (assuming you guys check for that kind of stuff before accepting someone into your alliance).

But yea, has some strong members in it. Wont be surprised to see this go far.

J.n.c 1993

Strategos
LOL! You should let under 18's in your alliance

I am nearly 17 years old, I am very experienced at this game.

Oh and btw I lead an alliance called "The Elite" on World Eta which has under 5 million points and is rank 6 in that world. That's good isn't it?