Between a Rock and a Hard place: Bugs that are not Bugs and mechanical improvements.

Thane Badger

Phrourach
So where do you post about stuff that should be fixed but you don't need a political debate about it, because either someone can be bothered to sort it out or not.

Where do you post about these things that have been wrong for so long they are like that annoying squeak on your car you just end up accepting.

In this case I'm talking about the infamous, made for gold, attack planner.

Recently much improved and far more usefull for planning attacks...... but:

Fails to dispatch the expected reminder that an attack is due most of the time.
or:
Dispatches the reminder too close to the landing time so that by the time the system drops it onto your screen you have very little, if not no time to actually perforn the physical task of sending the attack.
or:
Doesn't drop the remindeer onto your screen until you refresh the page and you get 40 notifications drop down at once, all about all kinds of stuff.

The proverbial toaster that burns the toast.

So not a bug. Doesn't go in bugs. Not an idea for a game improvment that needs a political debate. doesn't go in improvements

Just a request to make the thing work properly.

There should be a place to discuss these irritating non user friendly aspects of the game, because there are many.

eg. You are writing a message or forum post, you need to check somrehing and jump to a city and your post and every other window you have open just disapears.

The same thing with chat. Who designed the chat so it logs you out every time you go to a new city?
No one complains about it because no one uses it, because it logs you out every time you go to a new city.

Last edited:

DeletedUser

Experienced all of those issues more than once, and for the attack planner; I would say all examples listed are a bug. The delayed notice probably ties in with the latter problem of a flood of reports coming in at once. Failing to give notice of a planned attack has been a painful experience a few times when trying to time attacks around a CS, instead I list attacks chronologically and make a mental note of when to send what, roughly speaking.

DeletedUser

I basically do the same. I use it to keep me from making mathematical errors and list everything so that I don't have to keep it on a notepad anymore.

OP is right about the chat: I was so happy for about the first 27 minutes that it was implemented...I haven't used it since.

Thane Badger

Phrourach
I still think that more notice would be more usefull tan trying to look for an all cure for time delays.

Blaming slow connections, browsers and the universal cache doesn't alter the fact that there isn't much time under perfect circumstances to react to an attack notification, that is if you even get one. In my experience you get the first one, usually late and then no more, as if the system thinks. Well if you aren't going to use my notifications then I'm not going to bother sending them.

This is also the poster child for the 50 gold a week administrator package. So maybe someone at innogames might put two and two together and thiink that if it actually works, people might want more of that stuff.

Last edited: