BoM Statement.

DeletedUser

My Friends,

I know I have no need to tell you this as you are already aware of it but just so there is no confusion. We at BoM had nothing to do with this fake ZeroFear account. It was a cheap and underhanded move by S.P.Q.R.

We know for sure it was them as they were the only alliance who we were at war with at that time and since the war started it has been one dirty trick after another from them. They have no shame but sadly for them, their child like plan had the opposite affect as it gained support for us (5 large alliances asked for diplomacy) and other alliances finished their diplomatic relationships with S.P.Q.R.

I would like to thank all the diplomats and leaders who made contact with us as soon as they received the bogus message. I would also like to say how sorry I am for the delay in posting an official statement but things were up in the air for a couple of days.

Regards,

MurtyAllMighty
BoM

DeletedUser

Good evening

This was brought to my attention by one of our S.P.Q.R. members and I would like to take this opportunity to offer a reply on behalf of our alliance.

We know for sure it was them as they were the only alliance who we were at war with at that time

Besides the cities that were taken from S.P.Q.R., in the last 4 weeks alone, BoM have taken cities from all of these alliances.

Cities Taken by BoM
Saturday 10/07/2010 to Saturday 07/08/2010:

http://www.grepostats.com/world/en4/alliance/855/colonizations?page=0

The Huns 1
Disciples of Ares 2
Black 1
Brotherhood of Eagle eye 1
Spartan Elite 1
The Forgotten 2
Union of Warlords 3
The Darkest Knights 1
The Psion Forces 1
The Arkham Lunatics 1
DEL AND SPARTAN WARRIORS 1
Chaos League 2
Empire of New Atlantis 2
The Legends 2
Arrows of Apollo 1
Atlantis 1
Delta Forces 1
Deutsch Legion 1
Korkyra Negra 1
Marines 1
Riders on the Storm 1
Spartanz 1
The Horsemen Of Justice 1
The Scourge 1
Thors Hammer Alliance 1
Band of Misfits 21

I am sure that none of these alliances would be too happy with this situation.

You will notices that 21 cities were taken by BoM Members from other BoM members.
Not sure how they would feel when they return to the game after 2 days of inactivity and find their cities stolen from them, by their own members no less.

Get them in, wait until they are asleep, and then take everything from them.
Real Trojan Horse stuff as far as I can tell.
Some could even view this as being underhanded.

PHP:
since the war started it has been one dirty trick after another from them (S.P.Q.R.)

Can you list these alleged 'dirty tricks' you mention please?
I am sure that anyone who cares to read this would like to know, or perhaps it will be BoM's own tricks that will be revealed.

and other alliances finished their diplomatic relationships with S.P.Q.R.

Not sure if you are making this up or these other alliances have not informed us of this fact.

We have no respect and do not wish to be allied with people that do not honour their diplomatic relations and pretend these do not exist and then attack us.

If you (BoM) did come up with this scheme, then I take my hat off to your tactician, as this was really risky but very clever.

Regards,
Maestro

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

BoM's Allegations

Perhaps S.P.Q.R. will make some allegations of their own.

I put it to you sir, that the listed players are playing multiple accounts and passing these cities up to their "top acounts" to increase their city count.

This is shown with CURRENT BoM members listed as owners of the same city, one after another in a row.

I also put it to you that if this is so, The Band of Misfits have a clear advantage over other alliances and this is the REAL reason for their rise in the ranks?.

What is the Band of Misfits statement in this regards?
------------------------------------------------

http://www.grepostats.com/world/en4/town/9597

3 in a row:-
Island overview (601|565)
Rank Player Name Points
1. stoli clownspunk 10,986
2. Elybandit Bandits Wild BBQ 10,492
3. ZeroFear ThatGuy 9,296
4. 2nddan D-01 3,475
5. hades 1,676
6. aston villa city 1,027
7. ebee's city 437
8. toywiz's city 283
9. juggalos city 276
10. Great Polis 246
11. dragons city 228
12. majormustang67's cit 225
13. scottyinsanity's cit 223
14. Threa 221
15. anne 221
16. Alanasis's city 219
17. tumnus's city 219
18. hole 219
19. KAALEYA's city 219
20. zake454's city 175

http://www.grepostats.com/world/en4/town/12985

7 in a row:-
Island overview (624|552)
Rank Player Name Points
1. UberFear Mayhem 13,509
2. desi roots Spartacus city 12,105
3. TheBear Napoli 8,806
4. bounc3r Acre 6,688
5. desi roots Kew Bridge 6,607
6. segfreid segfreids morpheus 5,102
7. bounc3r Jerusalem 3,396[/B]
8. Como York 3,105
9. ** Sparta ** 619
10. little diablo 276
11. likya's city 225
12. Grecolon 225
13. Fredericton 223
14. colman's city 223
15. Zreo123's city 223
16. Dcrazy's city 221
17. scums ville 221
18. Olympus 221
19. xXxKhaosxXx's city 221
20. Legacy123's city 219
21. Len Dog's city 175
22. sousa1418's city 175

http://www.grepostats.com/world/en4/town/12985

2 in a row:-
Island overview (615|583)
Rank Player Name Points
1. Elybandit Red Lobster 9,651
2. MurtyAllMighty Fort Patoone 8,269
3. Captain America Isengard 2,800
4. 666REAPER 641
5. nortomic's city 634
6. arched's city 516
7. Sig1's city 469
8. Tetrahydrocannabinol 408
9. Awesome City 252
10. zoes city 246
11. eggplant589's city 223
12. Athens 223
13. Isenovar 221
14. grelopis's city 221
15. city 219
16. Burmanators city 219
17. percy the god 199
18. mauro26's city 186
19. jordkiller's city 175
20. marlene's city 175

Band of Misfits CURRENT member list:-
http://en4.grepolis.com/game/alliance?alliance_id=855&action=profile&town_id=11010&h=x8qg0sGo

DeletedUser

We cannot know for sure who exactly created the account.

DeletedUser

Not sure how they would feel when they return to the game after 2 days of inactivity and find their cities stolen from them, by their own members no less.

Get them in, wait until they are asleep, and then take everything from them.
Real Trojan Horse stuff as far as I can tell.
Some could even view this as being underhanded.

I have no idea how your alliances works. But when someone goes inactive for 7 days or more and have not said they were going inactive is when we start to reabsorb cities. I am sure it is the same for BoM

Never a two day sort of thing.

DeletedUser

Okay, here's the thing. I can't agree with Murty that it was definitively S.P.Q.R. that was behind this. First, it could easily have been a member of S.P.Q.R. or any of dozens of alliances who did it unofficially, without so much as a word of it to their alliance leaders or fellow members. Morons do exist who like to cause trouble for the sake of causing trouble. Add to that the fact that its outright wrong to say that BoM have no enemies outside of SPQR. Sure, they're not on any hitlist from O55 that I know of, but equally there are other alliances that they have been skirmishing with on a level not far from their one-sided war with SPQR. As our favouritest mod has said, we can't know who was behind this without IP's being traced.

Now that I've disagreed with Murty, time to disagree with Maestro. For us argumentative types, this thread is great :) Grepostats Asylum. Look up Mentor. Stygia A, B and C are now in the control of other Asylum players and she's been removed. Was she a fake account used to build up our others? I'd frankly go to war over such accusations, but since BoM and SPQR are already at war, that's a bit of a moot point. So we do it too. Then check the Huns. They definiately do it. Why boot an inactive with a good sized city in a better location and let everyone else know its open season on them? Much better to conquer them first, keep their cities at least if the player is inactive, and then get rid of them. Black does it too. DoA, presumably. Perg. Nataraja. So on and so forth.

I don't know the forum rules all that well - I skimmed them at best - but accusations of cheating, in my opinion, should be limited to support tickets. I'd love to know who was behind this so that they could be rimmed, rerimmed and so on and so forth for the rest of their Delta career. You do not try manipulate good alliance's and expect to continue playing. The only way that's going to happen though is that the Staff for Delta find out and ban all the player's Delta accounts. None of us will get to rim whoever was behind this, knowing without a doubt that the person in question was responsible, but the Staff can certainly ensure we never see that again. Hopefully they'll do it loud. Example's make the best entertainment and it'll hopefully ensure a bit cleaner play in our world in the future.

Finton
Asylum

DeletedUser

Well Finton, I agree with you we cannot be sure it was SPQR however since our 'war' started with SPQR Maestro has tried everything except actually attack us to try and bring BoM down. Also the reason I put our war in quotation marks is because it really hasnt been a war as much of just taking cities with little to no resistance. Here are the grepostats of how the 'war' is going so far.

Sources:

<www.grepostats.com/world/en4/alliance/456/colonizations?type=lose&enemy_alliance=855>
<www.grepostats.com/world/en4/alliance/855/colonizations?type=lose&enemy_alliance=456>

Wins:
2010-07-08 15:06:36 Cluin Dara Gyllipus MurtyAllMighty
2010-07-10 05:54:55 Ha Ha mine now Maestrofiglio byoung
2010-07-10 10:05:50 Ballycullane Gyllipus MurtyAllMighty
2010-07-10 20:29:51 07 Lysium Dymos Adapa
2010-07-11 16:17:14 Fantasia Morinstal ZeroFear
2010-07-12 10:36:28 Thebes craig white Simonocles
2010-07-12 10:37:47 hangman 4 Birdey hangman
2010-07-13 12:46:33 HA HA MINE NOW 1 tiberion UberFear
2010-07-14 09:55:25 Rothstadt Flesh jroth02
2010-07-14 12:34:10 Mayor McCheeseville Pao1984 Ronald McDonald
2010-07-14 19:43:39 Left 4 Dead tehnik2004 Gibsonian
2010-07-14 20:08:44 Wex Fort fabyonik MurtyAllMighty
2010-07-15 08:56:43 New Thebes BlackH0Le pcScipio
2010-07-15 14:14:20 Simplace craig white simwiz
2010-07-16 02:06:52 ENFO 6 tiberion Enfo
2010-07-17 02:23:19 Thank you S.P.Q.R. CptStern ZeroFear
2010-07-18 08:08:37 Thanks again S.P.Q.R tambja ZeroFear
2010-07-18 08:35:34 06 Atlantida sharkMKD Adapa
2010-07-18 10:15:53 Toy Tank nala666 Thatguy2320
2010-07-18 18:24:59 Pylos Norc23 Simonocles
2010-07-19 01:46:56 Lis Mor tambja your face
2010-07-19 20:22:16 Antaeus Orchid segfreid
2010-07-20 01:12:23 Island of Grimace twick4 Ronald McDonald
2010-07-21 00:30:59 on fire icedragon69 byoung
2010-07-21 23:45:57 Simfarm Osage simwiz
2010-07-22 15:30:20 Duar tiberion LCFC83
2010-07-22 16:32:41 Delta 4 icharis77 Raven68
2010-07-22 17:35:08 Left 4 Dead 2 Maestrofiglio Gibsonian
2010-07-23 08:03:34 ENFO 7 ronank23 Enfo
2010-07-26 08:13:11 08 Napoca bocsardi2002 Adapa
2010-07-26 10:21:23 Eubeoia kraemish69 Simonocles
2010-07-26 18:01:55 Left 4 Dead 3 Steel Blade Gibsonian
2010-07-27 06:15:01 More Please S.P.Q.R. Ganymeade ZeroFear
2010-07-27 19:53:22 fooxlip 5 icedragon69 fooxlip
2010-07-28 00:50:09 Nagyvarad silentkiller85 tiborka
2010-07-28 06:46:51 Goodyear eamo299 Elybandit
2010-07-28 07:44:56 Magnus City cpimpin PhoenixMagnus
2010-07-31 13:00:46 Sulla skippy46 LCFC83
2010-08-01 01:59:40 Left 4 Dead 4 Javert1 Gibsonian

Losses: Havent yet

UberFear,
BoM

DeletedUser

I believe that UberFear's post almost appears as an admission of guilt.
the reason I put our 'war' in quotation marks is because it really hasnt been a war
Funnily, I would have to agree with him, I don’t think it was a war either, but let us not allow this to become convoluted and keep this simple.

What I have asked is, “Are multiple accounts being played in order to have a clear advantage over other alliances?”

“Are these being kept active until such times that they are taken over by their own members, and then passed to others in the same alliance?”

We can't be sure that this is the case with BoM, but how easy would it be to just take cities with no resistance if these are cleared with multiple played accounts?

IS THIS BoM’s SECRET TO SUCCESS?
Could this be shown through analysis alone?
Perhaps, but it wouldn't stop it.

Even though IP tracing would be an administrative overhead for the game developers to establish this, an easier method would be to request that each alliance periodically re-activates their account using their email accounts.

Then we could determine how many of these 'active' accounts go inactive very quickly, as it's unlikely that these details would have been handed over when the 'real’ players stopped playing and left the game, unless these were setup and registered by the same player.

DeletedUser

Hello, (Name).

I have a proposition for you.

I would like you, to act as a spy for S.P.Q.R.

Will you accept? If you succeed, you will be granted amnesty and a good rank in S.P.Q.R. I will make sure of this.

That is one of many many messages our member got from you Maestro so do not sit there all high and mighty as if you and your alliance have not played sneaky and underhanded from day one.

You lied to your members you lied to our members and time and time and time again you disrespected our leaders. As for naming our cities after players I myself called the city Fort Patoone as a mark of respect for an old member who had to leave the game for personal reasons. He was my friend and I wanted him remembered its called honor.

DeletedUser

This is an internet game. Take twenty people at random, at least one of them will be running multiple accounts, TOS or not, regardless of alliance policy. I doubt any alliance of any size lacks multi-accounters. Why? There's no way for players to police one another in this game, unless someone is stupid and gives themselves away to people who care enough to report them.

I don't see anything suspicious in their activity, my own alliance conquers its inactives (though we often boot them first-- but that is an internal decision). In their case, they probably post a thread with legal internal targets.

That is called "putting the alliance first." You deny the enemy access to a very valuable commodity. You make sure those cities go to your side, not the other side. It's smart, and if I were to go inactive I would expect my fellow Rainmakers to rim me quickly to keep those weeks of work in my alliance. Call it a "living will," if you like. Certainly I would log in and post on the internal forums about the availability of my cities, in which case you'd see five "Rainmaker to Rainmaker" colonizations showing up on our Grepostats record.

Would that provoke howls of indignation among our enemies? Actually, I would hope so. Because in an online game those sorts of comments tend to reflect more on the accusers than the accused and I'd probably stick around afterwards just to taste the sweet, sweet tears.

I think that mostly this pattern you are seeing comes from wanting to see it. You're cherry-picking data to justify your current situation. There's nothing substantial to this allegation in the colonization report. A small change in our alliance's internal policies would give us a bunch of yellows, and that's a ridiculous reason to swing the banhammer.

DeletedUser

Murty, Murty, Murty

You know and I know I didn't send that message, or anything like it.

I would be ashamed if I had sent that.
Not just for the content but because of the bad punctuation and format.

I believe you wrote this yourself, as this also runs through your own post.
Most people would spot this a mile away (it has your paw marks all over it and you should have asked someone else to write this for you).

Up to this point I did respect you, but you do not deserve this now.
I really did expect something better than THAT, as this is easily dismissed.

If anyone is interested, I would be happy for you to forward one of these messages onto them.
Please copy me in when this is sent, as this would be interesting.

Do you know why I asked this of you?
You know and I know, they do not exist - lol.

I realize that there are downloadable tools and scripts that can be used to manipulate these types of pages, but I am banking on that you are perhaps not clever enough to use these. Please prove me wrong.

If you do I will leave the game, as I will know at least one BoM member has a brain and knows how to use it and does deserve some respect, even if this is used in an attempt to dupe people.

If you reread my posts, you will find out that at no time did I mention renaming cities after players. THIS IS NOT THE CRUX OF THE SUBJECT MATTER.

Let me simplify what is being asked of BoM leaders again:-
“Are multiple accounts being played in order to have a clear advantage over other alliances?”

YES or NO?

“Are these being kept active until such times that they are taken over by their own members, and then passed to others in the same alliance?”

YES or NO?

Let us see the honesty and honour you speak of from your leaders.
SEND OUT THE ORGAN GRINDER!!!

P.S.
(Please let me know if you require this to be explained to you, as I will be happy to oblige) :)

DeletedUser

Question: Why are they answerable to YOU for this? You're not Innogames.
If you think BoM is cheating, you should take up specifics with the company which can be done by reporting it through the Settings window in the game.

No alliance leaders could give meaningful answers to that question, unless you are inclined to fully trust strangers in a free browser game to give honest answers when asked about violating the game rules, and then expect other strangers to honestly relay that information to you over a public forum.

In the meantime, it diminishes the accomplishments of everyone in the game when success is so easily met with accusations of cheating.

How do you expect them to prove to your satisfaction that they are not cheating? All you have to do is dismiss any reassurances as "the lies of cheaters." If you already think they are cheating, why should you take their word for it?

That is your next trick, isn't it. Deny any response from them as credible, call for an open, transparent and public investigation, perhaps releasing the IP addresses and game log information for all BoM accounts so every player who cares can sift through it and find one example of something questionable, that will be used to justify the entire witch hunt. Not that it would actually happen, no company would open their logs for players to see, but that is where these demands are going, so you can get your righteous outrage against the company that hides a favored alliance's misdeeds from an unsuspecting public. It's the favored tactic of conspiracy theorists and internet bloggers.

But this matter isn't a PnP thing, it is between you and Innogames, and Innogames and specific players that are found to be in violation, just like every investigation. It definitely doesn't belong on the forums. All it does is make you and your alliance look bad, and diminishes the accomplishments of everyone on Delta who happens to be successful long term. After all, if BoM can be tainted, so can everyone else. All of a sudden the entire top ranked alliances look bad.

But, isn't that the whole point of this? Some sort of sick slash-and-burn propaganda tactic in preparation for ditching the server in righteous disgust, so you can tell the folks on the next world how you didn't lose a in fair war, you lost because the server is full of cheats.

I've seen this cycle play out in other games, and it's silly and does nothing but poison the well for the entire world. You may not even be conscious of it, but that is where it is leading.

DeletedUser

Q, “Are multiple accounts being played in order to have a clear advantage over other alliances?”

A, No

Q, “Are these being kept active until such times that they are taken over by their own members, and then passed to others in the same alliance?”

A, Well if the first answer is no then I guess this question is no longer valid.

Are you happy now?

As for the messages which I say you sent to our members, they can be easily proven. If anybody wishes to read some of these messages we will gladly have our members forward them to you.

DeletedUser

I am new to this game only been playing for a few months now. I don't understand why all the hype. I realize that BOM and S.P.Q.R. at at "war" as everyone has put it. As there has not been much of a war in this matter as all our cities are being attacked and bombarded and conquered one by one. Unfortuneatley we don't have the resources to attack back with any strength or the members to wish to fight for some reason. I have posted in our forum many times that people need to stop whinning and just play the game as it is only a game. It has been said that there are cheats and liars in both alliances and I agree with whomever I read it that said you can take 20 people and find some that are both of these. People play underhanded tactics to win a game all the time. It is part of the game. Just play and stop whinning so much about who did what and where and when. If there is cheating going on then you really do need to bring it up with the people that monitor this game. Stop the fighting amongst yourselfs. It is no good for our alliance or any alliance for that matter. S.P.Q.R are being picked off one by one and the smaller players such as myself have no means of defending ourselves. As soon as we rebuild a little from the last attack we get attacked again. It is just part of the game. And I believe if leaders are going to fight amongst themselves then fight amongst yourselves. Don't bring all of us who are playing this game fair and just trying to have fun into your petty fighting. Attack each other all you want. But really I ask you what is the sense of destroying everyone and everything in another alliance and taking over an entire ocean? then who will you have to fight with then. The game will become boring and then what will you do when there is no one left to fight with and nothing left to gain? Just my thoughts on the matter....besides this is what was written in another thread if anyone cared to read it:

Hello Delta,

As of late there have been imposter's such as zerofear. Many of you have stated problems such as this on the forums.

Our very own Delta IG mod has taken a look into the zerofear. situation and did not find evidence of multi accounting. It looks like this player was just out to mess around with Delta.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but there is nothing we can do to stop this player at the moment. You all are just going to have to keep on being witty and spot the odd one out.

However, if you do see another case like this do not hesitate to submit a ticket about it.

Your one and only Delta mod,

Gibbo

DeletedUser

nobody can or will take over any ocean totally, there are always players who belong to strong alliances that might be weaker in one ocean, but stronger in others, that will always be in the back of your mind.
spoke to someone from your alliance when i took a city and pointed it out to him that the only response i got was from him ( support, but very late) and a bolt from you ( you were too far away to help).
yes, since than i've been farming another S.P.Q.R. city, agree that he's in a helpless position as he can't rebuild, but please don't blame others for playing the game.
was your alliance who let this happen, no support for it's players, BoM was able to take any city at their leisure, became boring at the end.
frankly i do feel sorry for players who joined expecting leadership, some organization instead of just empty speeches, but i guess that's where MRA's are different, all show no substance.
all the best to you in the game and to those who made a stand, i have a feeling that you will survive everything ;)

DeletedUser

As for the messages which I say you sent to our members, they can be easily proven. If anybody wishes to read some of these messages we will gladly have our members forward them to you.

Murty, I am still waiting for these messages, and I am sure anyone else that is interested is also waiting for them.

How many have you forwarded on, and to whom?

Do not keep saying you are going to prove it, then you don't.

You know and I know you are a liar.
No one will ever get to see these messages, will they?

OUCH - I really must have hit a nerve with BoM, looks like they have put their multiple accounts to good use.

Still no reports Murty, anyone else got one of these 'phantom' reports?

Stilll no denial from from BoM leaders that they are not playing multiple account (except Murty, but he obviously didn't think this through, now did he?).

read TrickyClown has cast Earthquake on your city Claudius.
today at 6:25 PM
read Bandits Wild BBQ (Elybandit) is attacking Tiberius
today at 8:55 AM
read 03 A-Villa (Adapa) is attacking Brasidas
today at 8:08 AM
read 03 A-Villa (Adapa) is attacking your support from Claudius in Brasidas (Maestrofiglio)
read 04 Gellor (Adapa) is attacking Brasidas
read 04 Gellor (Adapa) is attacking your support from Claudius in Brasidas (Maestrofiglio)
read Bandits Wild BBQ (Elybandit) is attacking Claudius
today at 6:47 AM
read 04 Gellor (Adapa) is attacking Brasidas
on 8/10/10 at 10:17 AM
read 04 Gellor (Adapa) is attacking your support from Claudius in Brasidas (Maestrofiglio)
on 8/10/10 at 10:17 AM
read Claudius supports Brasidas (Maestrofiglio)
on 8/9/10 at 3:06 PM
on 8/9/10 at 1:25 PM
on 8/9/10 at 12:24 PM
on 8/9/10 at 11:17 AM
on 8/9/10 at 11:00 AM
read 07 Lysium (Adapa) is attacking Brasidas
on 8/8/10 at 3:50 PM
read 07 Lysium (Adapa) is attacking your support from Claudius in Brasidas (Maestrofiglio)
on 8/8/10 at 3:50 PM
on 8/8/10 at 11:51 AM
read 06 Atlantida (Adapa) is attacking Brasidas
on 8/8/10 at 7:10 AM
on 8/7/10 at 10:08 PM
read 05 Sheuly (Adapa) is attacking Brasidas
on 8/7/10 at 6:21 PM
on 8/7/10 at 4:17 PM

DeletedUser

Tiborka I understand entirely what you are saying. And I don't disagree with you, When you are in an alliance you would hope that fellow players would support you. I know where I was and where my fellow alliance members were, Most of the time I was way to far away to help at all. I always tried to sent resourses or god favors or something if I could. Towards the end I was also being attacked and could not even get anything built up before I was attacked again. I know it is only a game and that truely is my point. It is only a game, and if you feel there is wrong doing then you need to take it to the poeple who monitor the game. I myself am hoping for a better future now. Hopefully away from the everyday fighting so I can rebuild and get back into the action.

DeletedUser

Kim

I know you are a good person as we were in the same alliance together and you do make very good points.

With the utmost respect that I have for you, I believe you have missed the point in this post entirely though.

I am all for waging wars and pitting my skills against opponents on a game like Grepolis. This is why I want to play the game.

Gathering your friends into an alliances and this being led by you and them to grow and expand it by recruit like minded players to your banner is why most people also play the game.

To establish and manage your diplomatic relations and those that you cannot persuade, to attack them and take over their cities and territories is what people keep playing the game for. You do it to them and they do it to you, it is a war game after all for goodness sake. This is the fun stuff, the peaks.

Not getting help and support from your alliance members is slightly annoying and not being able to provide the same back can be a bit frustrating, but again for most people that have played any type of strategy game know, this is what does happen, possibly even most of the time in a hard fought war. You are not going to get it all your own way and you need to take the bad along with the good.

Having alliance members from Alliance A that are about to leave the game and they clear their own cities of troops and ships, then let their enemies in Alliance B know this has occurred, so they can attack and conquer these cities is dastardly but is well within the acceptable rules of war and this game. You have just got to live with this.

Having spies in your camp and attempting cunning plans so that they give themselves away so that you can throw them out of your alliance is also good fun in its own way.

People would have to be fools to think that ‘account sitting’ does not go on.
Even though this begins to enter the murky water of not adhering to the set rules “Each player may only have one account.”.

They justify this to themselves by saying that it isn’t their account and they are giving it back to its originator.

After all, they are not transferring resources to their own account and not using this against an opponent to gain an unfair advantage.

This is OK they surmise, they are only looking after it for a friend and they are doing THEM a favour and they gain nothing from it, so they are doing a good thing, as it would seem.

This must be even more prevalent for genuinely setup accounts that use a shared internet connection, and only one person is left looking after all of the accounts.

How easy is it to then “Band” these “Misfit” accounts together into an all powerful alliance.

What if enemy account details are also handed over for a promised 30K pieces of silver?
Even better if this has access to the enemy alliances hidden forums and every single tactic and move can be counter measured with these accounts.

It would appear as though Sun Tzu himself has reincarnated on earth and is an Uber “phreak” without absolutely no Fear whatsoever, a real Ned Bonnett, would it not?

There is good, there is very good, and then there is exceptional.
Anything better than this and you have to ask yourself is this too good to be true, then what else is at play.

Is there an unfair advantage at play here?
Let us investigate this further.

Still no reports from Murty and still no denial from Band of Misfits leaders.

DeletedUser

it seems to me that you're clutching at straws and try to look for excuses.
what you're saying that your alliance got creamed because ( according to you) the Misfits are cheats with multiple accounts ?
not because S.P.Q.R. was ( is) a rabble, no team work, no leadership, no guidance whatsoever who's players were ( are) easy targets ?
i have only one account, took a city and farmed a few more, never got anything thrown at me.
every alliance has members leaving and every alliance tries to keep those cities from being lost to others ( that is if it's a well organized alliance with a decent leader, of course).
you have no proof, you only demand a confession and because the Misfits won't dignify your accusations with an answer somehow you believe you're right:rolleyes:
i sent 20,000 resources to one of your players because he stood up to me and gave me a bloody good fight, he deserved it, but it says a lot about your alliance when the " enemy" helps more than their own team mates !
you want to win a meaningless war of worlds, wouldn't you be better of trying to lead what's left of S.P.Q.R. ?
:heh:

DeletedUser

2010-08-10 tiborka Band of Misfits

You know if this opinion had come from someone that had not just left the Band of Misfits for the Huns, then this would have carried some weight, but it does explain a good bit of what went on.

So, the 20,000 resources you sent to the 'enemy' appears to be a stange tactic to use during a war.

Was this silver you sent to them by any chance?

08-12-2010, 08:24 PM - What if enemy account details are also handed over for a promised 30K pieces of silver?
Even better if this has access to the enemy alliances hidden forums and every single tactic and move can be counter measured with these accounts.

Where you persuaded to send these resources by your leaders, perhaps unwittingly as to the full ramifications of your actions?

Are we getting closer to the truth, and only the numbers are different?