Competition Bounty Hunter Competition Discussion Thread

DeletedUser

I'm trying, but I'm in a backwoods area, and the pickings are sort of slim out here.

DeletedUser

Do you feel the bounty was too difficult?
I haven't played a speed one in years and years.

Feedback is appreciated!

DeletedUser

We have a week. I think for people who are active in the central area, it should be easy enough to find. I mean, that's basically a slinger nuke or a small hop nuke. Slinger nukes should be easy to find. It's a matter of finding it and wiping it out.

Out here, though, people don't have 600 big slinger nukes. Most of the cities around are either empty, allied, or stacked defensively. But for people nearer the core, it shouldn't be that hard.

(BTW, Stoatie just posted a BR. I thought you didn't want them unless it was the whole bounty. His was only about 1/4 of a bounty, at most.)

DeletedUser

Nope, multiple posts it fine.
It makes no difference really... Nothing counts until the total bounty has been posted up. :)

DeletedUser829

NOt sure if this was answered... but if you did an attack and you wiped, but you killed enough to satisfy the bounty requirement, would you still qualify for bounty if you had a wall to prove it, or let you verify it?

DeletedUser

No way of proving the time unfortunately.
Wall screen shots don't show it. :(

DeletedUser

Although, if you post the BR, it's possible to get it verified, isn't it?

DeletedUser

Unfortunately not.
That was the original idea, however it would be unfair on the defender. We would be revealing their strength without their consent.

From the other thread as well:

Hi there folks,
I have had some fantastic feedback from people- Thank for for that.

A few comments from me-
It seems that we have two issues.
1- People don't like having to make the effort of screenshotting and posting their reports.
I'm afraid that there is nothing i can do about that... I have no other way of seeing what you killed!

2- People are attacking, however more often then not they are losing the attacks and as such, get the '?' under units killed.
Again, there really isn't anything i can do about that. I looked into the possibility of getting an in-game moderator to look at the reports and tell me what was killed, however we are not able to do that.

I will make the next 3 bounties less difficult which means that more of you will be able to complete them. :)

Thanks again, and keep sending in PM's if you have any other comments.

DeletedUser

If it's a matter of screenshots being problematic for people, preventing them from participating in the bounty, I volunteer my services to do that for people. PM me in-game your BR, and I'll take a screenshot of it and upload it and send you the link back so that you can post it here.

DeletedUser

Ok people, I have cleared it with the powers that be and have an account in-game.

You can simply post your report codes up here and I will be able to see what is killed.
Obviously, if you can post screenshots, it would be a big help... Otherwise, just the code is fine now.

Spread the word, get people to post up their codes from any time after the bounty was posted on Monday.

DeletedUser

Ok people, I have cleared it with the powers that be and have an account in-game.

You can simply post your report codes up here and I will be able to see what is killed.
Obviously, if you can post screenshots, it would be a big help... Otherwise, just the code is fine now.

Spread the word, get people to post up their codes from any time after the bounty was posted on Monday.

DeletedUser5819

:eek: Duplicate posting!

Ban Thomas!

Today, 22:21
Thomas replied to a thread Bounty Hunter Competition Discussion Thread in World Dyme (en69)
Ok people, I have cleared it with the powers that be and have an account in-game. You can simply post your report codes up here and I will be able...
see more
31 replies | 623 view(s)

Today, 22:21
MR NOS replied to a thread Missing Persons in World Cythera (en68)
The cheese told him:D.
see more
8 replies | 100 view(s)

Today, 22:20
Thomas replied to a thread Bounty Hunter Competition Discussion Thread in World Dyme (en69)
Ok people, I have cleared it with the powers that be and have an account in-game. You can simply post your report codes up here and I will be able...
see more
31 replies | 623 view(s)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I've said it before and i'll say it again, there are times when a good multi-post is necessary. :D

DeletedUser

With that last bounty posted, I assume fast transports count as transports. (It seems only fair, since at some point people abandon transports and use fast transports. Although fast transports are smaller, so they tend to be found in greater numbers, it may not quite be a one-to-one replacement.)

DeletedUser

I didn't specify which type, so I will give you the bod in this situation. :)

DeletedUser

The new bounty will go up at some point on Monday.
Could be in a few hours at midnight...

I have made it slightly easier and note that you no longer need a screenshot.

DeletedUser

Well unless there is a marked increase in activity in the next few days, I will have to cancel this competition.
I have done all that I can, securing great prizes, fixing issues and then running it. When it didn't work last week, i addressed those issues yet still, we've had just one person submitting reports from the correct time period (thank you to Slimtim for submitting reports as well, sorry that i couldn't count them!).

This competition took a lot of effort to run and I am just sorry that the players of Dyme haven't taken an interest!

Hopefully it won't come to that, but there is no point in running a competition for 2 people.

DeletedUser

sadly most of dyme doesn't check the forums, and people usually aren't stupid enough to leave slingers n hops in their cities :p

DeletedUser

It would have clashed with christmas and no one would have had any units.