Brkenarrow is a dirty player

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I understand this is a war game, but certain lines just are not crossed and when someone lies and cheats just to get ahead in a game, that is pathetic. I let this guy Brkenarrow join UNN because he said he wanted to help our guild grow, that he was sick of being in alliances like Dynasty where nobody listens. So, I believed him and let him in. He then started acting like he was every ones friend to the kids in UNN. They trusted him! So when he asked them for troop counts because he was going to help them grow, they believed him. And after watching, and seeing as how he was so eager to help these kids grow, I promoted him to a council position and gave him rights to everything except the ability to kick people. I sure am glad I didnt give him that right too. Anyway, he turns around, discloses the info that was trusted to him and then joins Nataraja and starts attacking UNN. But before he leaves, he deletes every thread in our forums, cancels every invitation, and basically slaps everyone who tried to be his friend, right in the face. Like I said, I understand this is a war game, but moves like that are dishonest and pathetic. So, I hope everyone with the ability to attack him, does so and forces him to quit playing on this sever entirely. His main city is in ocean 34 at 382:428 He needs to be removed!

DeletedUser

I think this post should be labeled PnP.

on a personal note, grepolis is like a miniature world, you find all kind of people. but what is worst, is that you cannot read facial expressions when talking to them.

my advice, be extremely paranoid and expect the worst.

DeletedUser

Why PnP? It is not about politics or propaganda. It is about an adult who cons and manipulated kids into trusting him, just for his own personal gain. The guy is lower then dirt if you ask me.

DeletedUser

Despire whether it is morally wrong. Spying or infiltrating an alliance is seen as an accepted tactic in grepolis. There are many different versions of spies. The ones that spy just to give information to other alliances, information is extremely valuable in grepolis. Or the saboteurs who are skilled at dissolving an alliance, or at the very least cripple the inner workings of it. The point is that you have to be extremely careful with those that you accept into the leadership roles of your alliance. Look at jarpenguin on some of the other servers. Not only has he disbanded several alliances, but he has managed to disband some of them twice. Despite the fact that it is morally wrong, grepolis does not prevent a player from doing such things, therefore it is within the rules of the game to do so.

DeletedUser

This isnt really just about spying. The UNN isnt really even big enough to be considered a threat to anybody. This is more about an adult befriending kids, just so he can turn around and use the things they tell him against them. Deleting all of the threads in our forum, well that was just petty and childish. I can republish most of them, heck I wrote most of them. Canceling all the invites that were sent out, again, childish, but no biggie. I will simply reinvite those players. Teaming up with other players so he can actually win and take my cities, hey, it is a war game, and I will survive, even if I have to start a new city. But to lie and con kids just to improve your own ranking? Thats low. Like I said, the guy is scum if you ask me. Funny thing is, he ran and joined Nataraja so that they would protect him. If they have any morals at all, they should boot him and capture all of his cities!

DeletedUser

It's a learning game as well as a war game. On Epsilon I was double crossed by my own friend. U have to deal with it, it is a game that u get to restart in order to correct those mistakes next time. I screwed up because I was new to the game, I got over it and learned from it. Your alliance and you will have to do the same.

DeletedUser

Is everybody missing the point here? I am not talking about my losing a city, or lessons learned. Nor am I talking about spying. Like I said, I know this is a war game, I know I can start over, I know we will survive this. My point is, there are certain lines you just dont cross, and things you just dont do, game or no game. You dont start acting like a great friend to a 10yr old or a 12 yr old and then turn around and shove their friendship back in their faces. Sure, spies use trickery and deception to gain knowledge, but this dirt bag went way beyond that. He had these kids actually looking forward to learning from him, how to grow, what to build, what not to build. Like I said, he laid his bs on thick, and the more I think about it, the more I actually believe he gets more of a kick out of hurting kids and the game is just secondary. The guy is one sick demented individual. He needs to be attacked by everyone on this server and removed.

DeletedUser

In war, there aren't really any lines that you can't cross. He showed how skilled he was at deceiving by getting in and managing to convince so many people, it is not a skill most people have or can use very well. Again despite the fact it may be morally wrong, that does not make him dememted. It just means he is skilled at what he can do.

DeletedUser5994

Despire whether it is morally wrong. Spying or infiltrating an alliance is seen as an accepted tactic in grepolis. There are many different versions of spies. The ones that spy just to give information to other alliances, information is extremely valuable in grepolis. Or the saboteurs who are skilled at dissolving an alliance, or at the very least cripple the inner workings of it. The point is that you have to be extremely careful with those that you accept into the leadership roles of your alliance. Look at jarpenguin on some of the other servers. Not only has he disbanded several alliances, but he has managed to disband some of them twice. Despite the fact that it is morally wrong, grepolis does not prevent a player from doing such things, therefore it is within the rules of the game to do so.

Jar usually dibands his own alliances XD

DeletedUser

In war, there aren't really any lines that you can't cross. He showed how skilled he was at deceiving by getting in and managing to convince so many people, it is not a skill most people have or can use very well. Again despite the fact it may be morally wrong, that does not make him dememted. It just means he is skilled at what he can do.

Skill? You consider it skill when an adult cons a 10yr old? That isnt skill, it is a demented adult taking advantage of a kid. And again, put aside the "spying" issue. That issue isnt really that big of a deal anyway. Heck, it isnt like everyones location is top secret anyway, and you can usually get an idea of the size of someones army when they are a very low ranking player anyway. This went WAY past spying. This was a guy who came in and started acting like he was a big brother figure, and then dumped on these kids, so again, he is a dirt bag and needs to be removed.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Is it skill that I have a noteworthy advantage over kids playing Grepolis because I can pay for Gold where a certain age group rarely do? Is it fair to the kids that we conquer them after they build up their cities? Is it fair to adults that we do it?

I'm not saying that what Brkenarrow did was at all honourable, but I don't think its as big an issue as you seem to be making it, Darkslayer. Look at the Delta forums alone. There's the whole ZeroFear. fraud, Empirebuilder removed from leadership, there was the Huns losing dozens or more members, so on and so forth. Hell, back when I founded the Cagilan Empire back at the start of Delta, I trusted Gremnon and had a coup against me because of it. Course, that worked out better for me than him :)

The point is this. What you are complaining about is nothing new. You give authority to those you trust. Even when you trust them, you work on the basis of self-interest. You do not ask your members for troop counts and you quash anyone else asking. Generalities are workable.

We all know you're posting this here because you can't handle him yourself. That's less than helpful for your cause because few people will want to do other people's dirty work, especially against a good alliance like Nataraja. Brkenarrow is a dirty player, yes, but the mistake was mostly yours. Get past it and make sure it doesn't happen again. Look to bringing the matter before Nataraja's leadership and ask them if they really want that sort of untrustworthiness in their ranks. Asylum wouldn't, but I don't know about them.

Ultimately, its nothing new and nothing that really bothers people outside of your alliance. Think, before you make sweeping gestures of trust. That's the key here.

Finton.
Asylum.

DeletedUser

I understand this is a war game, but certain lines just are not crossed and when someone lies and cheats just to get ahead in a game, that is pathetic. I let this guy Brkenarrow join UNN because he said he wanted to help our guild grow, that he was sick of being in alliances like Dynasty where nobody listens. So, I believed him and let him in. He then started acting like he was every ones friend to the kids in UNN. They trusted him! So when he asked them for troop counts because he was going to help them grow, they believed him. And after watching, and seeing as how he was so eager to help these kids grow, I promoted him to a council position and gave him rights to everything except the ability to kick people. I sure am glad I didnt give him that right too. Anyway, he turns around, discloses the info that was trusted to him and then joins Nataraja and starts attacking UNN. But before he leaves, he deletes every thread in our forums, cancels every invitation, and basically slaps everyone who tried to be his friend, right in the face. Like I said, I understand this is a war game, but moves like that are dishonest and pathetic. So, I hope everyone with the ability to attack him, does so and forces him to quit playing on this sever entirely. His main city is in ocean 34 at 382:428 He needs to be removed!

Though spying is an accepted tactic, this really crosses the line between legitimate spying and being morally wrong in this game. There is a fine line between the two and I find this unacceptable.

DeletedUser

Is it skill that I have a noteworthy advantage over kids playing Grepolis because I can pay for Gold where a certain age group rarely do? Is it fair to the kids that we conquer them after they build up their cities? Is it fair to adults that we do it?

I'm not saying that what Brkenarrow did was at all honourable, but I don't think its as big an issue as you seem to be making it, Darkslayer. Look at the Delta forums alone. There's the whole ZeroFear. fraud, Empirebuilder removed from leadership, there was the Huns losing dozens or more members, so on and so forth. Hell, back when I founded the Cagilan Empire back at the start of Delta, I trusted Gremnon and had a coup against me because of it. Course, that worked out better for me than him :)

The point is this. What you are complaining about is nothing new. You give authority to those you trust. Even when you trust them, you work on the basis of self-interest. You do not ask your members for troop counts and you quash anyone else asking. Generalities are workable.

We all know you're posting this here because you can't handle him yourself. That's less than helpful for your cause because few people will want to do other people's dirty work, especially against a good alliance like Nataraja. Brkenarrow is a dirty player, yes, but the mistake was mostly yours. Get past it and make sure it doesn't happen again. Look to bringing the matter before Nataraja's leadership and ask them if they really want that sort of untrustworthiness in their ranks. Asylum wouldn't, but I don't know about them.

Ultimately, its nothing new and nothing that really bothers people outside of your alliance. Think, before you make sweeping gestures of trust. That's the key here.

Finton.
Asylum.

Geez Finton, your post went in twelve different directions,,lol Let me see if I can answer all of it, First, no financial advantage is not skill. Second, hey, it is a war game, EVERYONE understands that you win some you lose some. And you are right, there are other issues going on and compared to those, some might not think this is a big deal, and part of it really isnt. He spied, big deal, he had his buddies help him take my main city,so what? I can rebuild. His betraying MY trust? Who cares? I dont. Ruining the forums, I can fix that. But the way that he went way beyond simple spying and game actions, making these kids feel like he was truly a friend and then to do what he did, man that is just low. Like I said, I think he got some kind of sick charge out of it.

As far as Nataraja, well I did send their leaders messages about it, and not one of them even had the courtesy to reply to my messages.

And for the record,,The day I have to rip some kids heart out to win an internet game is the day I toss my pc in the trash,,,,

DeletedUser

I think maybe you are the one who is missing the point, Darkslayer.

Nobody is disagreeing with you that it was sneaky or underhanded, nobody is saying it was the right way to treat you, your members or kids. However as far as I can see the blame lays at you feet.

You were the leader and you let this man (who was a new member of your alliance) find out how many troops your members had. What were you thinking? If you thought your members needed to take part in a project such as this, you should have ran it yourself.

If you left your front door unlock would you say a burglar was to blame for you leaving the door open? You let this player collect as much information as he liked about your defences, you were asking for trouble!

Murty,
BoM.

DeletedUser

I think maybe you are the one who is missing the point, Darkslayer.

Nobody is disagreeing with you that it was sneaky or underhanded, nobody is saying it was the right way to treat you, your members or kids. However as far as I can see the blame lays at you feet.

You were the leader and you let this man (who was a new member of your alliance) find out how many troops your members had. What were you thinking? If you thought your members needed to take part in a project such as this, you should have ran it yourself.

If you left your front door unlock would you say a burglar was to blame for you leaving the door open? You let this player collect as much information as he liked about your defences, you were asking for trouble!

Murty,
BoM.

How can I be missing the point, when I am the one MAKING the point! You seem to keep dwelling on the game issues, that he spied, that he got troop counts, BIG DEAL! Who cares! That was only a small part of the issue to give an insight as to what happened. But this guy went WAY past simple spying. He could have gotten his info and left, but no. He wasnt satisfied with just getting the info. He wanted to make sure he twisted the knife in their backs after he stabbed them, THAT is the point!

DeletedUser

Hello everyone. I've decided to make my appearance.

Spying is, as stated several times, acceptable in the game. All alliances who have the numbers to do it, should.

I joined UNN about three weeks ago. Within 24 hours, I was promoted to the council. That was before I had made any posts on the forums or messaged and players. Thus, there is no way I could have had the members' trust.
But not only that! Back before I had conquered my first city (was a ways from a CS), I had attacked and cleared Darkslayer's city. I was planning on using him as a farm, but we worked out an uneasy agreement not to attack each other. Since then we basically ignored each other, until I joined UNN.

UNN is an alliance that seems devoted to giving inactive players an umbrella to hide under. Darkslayer himself wouldn't be online for sometimes two or three days at a time. . . as indicated by his not opening any of my messages to him. The forums -back before I destroyed them- had perhaps three people posting on them. . . including myself and Darkslayer.

I don't get any tingly feeling from deceiving the kids in your alliance. I do, however, enjoy knowing that I can mark up another alliance that I have sabotaged and destroyed. This is probably my fourth alliance I've destroyed - on this server alone. This is a war game. . . spying is an act of war. So in all actuality, I only went to war with you.

As you said before, you'll restart in the game and continue growing. Maybe you'll even keep your alliance alive. I wish you luck in your future endeavors, and the I wish luck to the members of UNN. None of them were hurt directly by this incident. If anything, they've learned about how to run alliances. You've learned a lot too. I truly wish you luck -in the game, and in real life.

DeletedUser

Well, by your own admission, you admit you lie and con people, so what makes you think anyone would believe anything you say here? Truth is, you were kicked out of Dynasty, you were kicked out of Holy War Crusaders, and had I known what you are like, I would have booted you too. And your facts are construed, for one, you COULDNT take my city by yourself, that why you had two others helping you, secondly, unlike yourself, some of us do have jobs and have to work for a living, so yeah I cant be online all day playing games.And isnt it strange that you come in here and try to make claims that you were put in council within 24hrs of joining, you should at least be honest there, after all, you, I, and ALL of UNN knows that I had been conversing with you for weeks before I let you in and put you in council, and three weeks was plenty of time to gain their trust. But you didnt just gain their trust, you played them for fools, THAT was wrong. So, go on continue with your bologna, like I said, you will end up getting yours, guys like you always do.

As for the game issues, I hate to burst your big inflated ego but, you didnt do squat. You didnt ruin anything. You can sit there with your smug attitude about how you were able to con 10 and 12yr olds into giving you their info, but you must not be as clever as you think you are, Did you get my info, or the info from ANY of the top players? No, you didnt. So go ahead, try and act like you are some great and clever spy, but the more people who get to see who you really are on this server, the more enemies you are going to have.

Oh, and one final point. You should be realistic, if it wasnt for Phiandi, you wouldnt stand a chance, on your own you cant do squat, you didnt clear ANY cities, if Phiandi hadnt stepped in to help you, I would and should have cleared you out then. But your offer of a NAP was like everything else that ever came out of your mouth, a lie. Kinda funny too how you refer to your offer as an "uneasy agreement" LoL Were you uneasy because you knew that if I hadnt agreed and had gone with an all out assault on your city, that you would have been easily crushed long before Phiandi could get there to protect you?

So, for the record, if Brkenarrow offers ANY of you a NAP, remember this, his promises are all lies! A NAP to him only lasts until HE can get the upper hand!

DeletedUser

I have handed out a warning for violation of the Forum rules.

So Please refrain from insulting other members.

Anything more and there will be consequences.

Keep it civil guys :)

DeletedUser

Actually, I thought I was being civil. LOL If it were not for the fact that children read these, I would have been alot more uncivilized! In fact, I bet I could have set a new record for "Triggering the language filters" LoL,, But anyway, Sorry Gibbowo, I will try and keep it civil. But for the record, even though Brkenarrow did not attack their cities or do any physical damage to them at all, we have already had two kids quit the game due to the disappointment that he dealt them. Like I said, he went way beyond simple spying and THAT is what I have a problem with.

DeletedUser

Darkslayer you keep making a big deal of "kids playing this game".
It's a game, i find it amusing ( and a bit weird) that you compare it to RL, almost like the two it's on the same level for you.
If your alliance is made up of 10 year olds only maybe they are in the wrong place altogether.
I'm sure that others are older and it seems they got duped as well.
Your " kids" want to play amongst grown ups, but you want special treatment for them, maybe a childcare ?
Same rules for everyone, if you reckon your 10 y/o can't handle it than maybe counsel him/her that they are in the wrong place.
Adults quit games as well, sorry mate, but this is not a Discovery Chanel site !

Status
Not open for further replies.