Can a player attack their own city?

• Thread starter DeletedUser54805
  • Start date

DeletedUser54805

Interestingly enough, I ran into a situation while conquering another player's city. After my CS had landed, he managed to attack his own city (the same one under siege) with troops from that same city (same one under siege). I was under the impression that this is not possible. If one recalls one's own supporting troops while under siege, those recalled troops stay in the city as support and do not attack. One may use another of one's cities to attack that city under siege, but cannot use the one under siege to attack itself. Am I wrong here?

Ex:
Player A attacks Player B's City B. Player B dodges attack from Player A by sending all of City B's troops in support to Player B's City C. Player A sends CS + other misc. troops to Player B's City B. Player A's CS lands in Player B's City B. City B is under siege. Player B recalls troops supporting Player B's City C back to Player B's City B. ??Player B's recalled troops attack City B??

Here's a picture showing attacks leading up to the phenomenon: http://imgur.com/a/ShhMY

DeletedUser35069

Troops from the city and ships always attack the siege in the city they come from if they are returning. The only thing that doesn't attack and supports is fireships.

It's one of the most basic ways of sniping a cs.

DeletedUser54805

Troops from the city and ships always attack the siege in they city the come from. The only thing that doesn't attack and supports is fireships.

It's one of the most basic ways of sniping a cs.

So if he recalls troops from outside a city, it attacks instead of supports?

DeletedUser35069

Not a problem,

It's the main reason you need tight support on conquest servers. A decent player will be able to get the returning troops within 1/2 seconds if not right on the time of the cs.

DeletedUser54805

Not a problem,

It's the main reason you need tight support on conquest servers. A decent player will be able to get the returning troops within 1/2 seconds if not right on the time of the cs.

Definitely the case with my target. Now I truly understand just how much the game favors defenders.