Can I demolish to 0? And where can I see if it is a Colonization attempt?

DeletedUser22834

I am a newcomer to the game, and it appears I have been targeted for conquest by a large alliance.... So, I realize I can send my troops away, but can I also demolish my buildings to 0?

Thanks,

Crash

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You can't demolish to 0. However if your senate is over level 10, you can demolish levels. This takes almost as long as it did to build them in the first place.

Rather than doing that, how about you build up your walls and bring back the troops. Maybe you won't beat them, but at least you'll give it a shot.

DeletedUser22987

Why it isnt possible to set city in flames.so if the attacker wants youre city he can start al over

DeletedUser

You could always cast the incendiary spell when you have 2000 favor points with the god Lucifer. Unfortunately Grepolis is set in Greece not Babylon and does not have their gods.

Some people have to lose before you can have winners. If you are on the losing end, your challenge is to discover how to become a winner.

DeletedUser

Why it isnt possible to set city in flames.so if the attacker wants youre city he can start al over

That is heavily frowned upon, and is similar to what I was going to type to the OP before the 502 gateway errors occurred and my post wasn't saved. Funnily enough, he changed his post to something less malicious afterwards.

Don't demolish your city just because you're being attacked, fight for it and put up a good fight and may the better player win. Being a coward and demolishing your whole city achieves nothing except showing immaturity AND you just made it easier for the attacking player since you offered no resistance and all he has to do is spend half a day rebuilding which is nothing (since the demolish times are just as long as the build times).

Learn to defend properly using many methods that are discussed in the forums and enlist help from your alliance and allies. You will learn how to play properly and next time you won't lose the city because you learnt how to defend it properly, and it will be much more worth your while in the future and whether you come out with the city or not, you have gained valuable BP.

There are other ways to 'sabotage' but I'm obviously not going to discuss it if player's are just using certain game mechanics to be unsportsmanlike.

DeletedUser22834

Asth... yes, I think I may have panicked a bit... But, after a month on here of not much action, to suddenly look up and see 5 waves of attacks coming at you in 1 hour intervals is a bit alarming.

I then cooled a bit... fortified my resources and easily beat back each of their attacks with minimal losses... and got 1K or so BP's to boot. My wall is maxed and I am armed to the teeth now... I have also joined a large alliance in my ocean.

It seems if you are not in an alliance, you have a giant target on your back.

Thank you all for the responses.

DeletedUser

That's great to hear. Most people's initial reactions to first being attacked is panic and the feeling of all hope is lost. I guess it is the mystery of not knowing what is in the attack that plays with your mind :)

Yeah, Grepolis is a very teamwork orientated game. If you're not in an alliance your cities become targets because they're least likely to get outside support, resulting in an easy takeover with minimal losses (usually).

DeletedUser

Putting city to flames would be the worst possible thing,everyone would crush down the city in order to attacker get some non developed city.

DeletedUser

You can always mess up the academy and spend all of your cave's silver if conquest is inevitable...
that is my delay tactic during war to prevent the attacker from being able launch another CS using the same city, helping the alliance mates
later I just take it back.

DeletedUser12667

I dont see why someone would demolish their city. If someone is able to take your city then it is childish to demolish it imo.

DeletedUser

Being attacked is the most effective way to score battlepoints with a good ratio (less losses then incoming attackers you kill). It is so effective that I personally offer to defend neighbouring cities (players like the initial poster of this thread) when they're being attacked.

In the past two weeks I probably made around 40K battle points alone by defending, giving victory processions around the clock.

The best ways to get battle points easily are
- defend with militia only
- sink incoming attack fleets without accompanying LS with a single bireme (doesn't happen a lot though)

This strategy is so effective, I am in a 3-player alliance, provoke everyone around me and had to turn off tons of offers to join large alliances.