Cancelling Trades

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Proposal
You should be able to cancel trades at the market. Also, a warning will come up before the trade is accepted.

Reason
Have you ever gone to the market and accidentally accepted a trade, or forgotten about the delivery time so you just lost resources in a trade for nothing? With this idea implemented this problem would be gone.

Details
It will be much like much like cancelling troops. You hover the cursor over the trade drop down menu and at the bottom right of where the trade is, there will be an X. If you click it the trade will be cancelled and you will receive 90% of your resources back (applies only to the player who cancels the trade) if clicked within 10 minutes, after 10 minutes you will not be able to cancel the trade. In addition to this there will be a warning sign, when you click on a trade it will come up with a message saying 'Are you sure you want to trade xxxx resource you are giving for xxxx resource being received.

Balance/Abuse Prevention
Cancelling effects both players involved in the trade. The player who cancels the trade will forfeit the 5% to the other player, who will recieve their resources back entirely, and forfeit a further 5% which will be destroyed. The resources that are sent to the original offerer will affect the trade capacity to prevent a trading abuse.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2795

You are thinking of cancelling it like an attack or troop production, not a building.
And you should not be able to cancel it beyond 10 minutes, otherwise you are messing up the other person's schedule, other than that, it is okay.

DeletedUser17088

I think this is a good idea, How about a simple warning popup 'are you sure you wish to accept xxxx wood for xxxx silver?'

DeletedUser17045

Yeah, I guess it would be a good idea to implement.

But, only in the first 10 minutes can the trade be cancelled. After that, too bad. Other than that issue, it's all fine.

DeletedUser14535

Good idea.It would help in getting resources out of the way if you're being attacked.

DeletedUser

i think that this is a good idea however as part of abuse prevention maybe the other 10% of the resource should be given to the person u cancelled the trade with (just a suggestion)

DeletedUser

If there is a fee for cancelling then there should definitely be a warning sign as well.

DeletedUser

I think it should be like this. If you make a trade there is a warning saying:

Are you sure you want to trade --- for --- at a ratio of --:--?

Yes No

The cancel thing is a bad idea, as it can waste the other guys time. In that time some other person could have accepted the trade.

DeletedUser

10 minutes isn't really too much time, and the warning thing is part of the idea, but I see where you're coming from so I'll ask everyone if the 10% cancel fee should go to the guy you accepted the trade from or not.

DeletedUser

I have a question, if you post accept the trade and then a couple minutes later decide to cancel the trade, would the origanal trade go back onto market or would they be returned to the owner.

And i think that 5% should go to the guy because you did take some of his time but another 5% of the resources just be totally destroyed because it wouldnt be fair to a lot of people if he to many free resources like that.

DeletedUser

The trade itself would go back on the market, and thanks for the feed back. So what does everyone think of 5% goes to the guy and the other 5% is destroyed?

DeletedUser

The cancelling thing could be abused. If you think about it, it would just be silly. The warning is enough. This thing is about accidental trades. I think warning would stop accidental trades.

DeletedUser

Ok, this idea is being voted on soon, all for no cancelling but just a warning post.

DeletedUser

great but simple. Balances it with 90% comes back with cancelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.