Answered Cats

• Thread starter DeletedUser53019
  • Start date

DeletedUser53019

do cats damage the wall before the land battle or after?
also, can the cats damage multiple building and how many levels down?

DeletedUser

I've looked it up, and apparently the catapults tear down the wall before the attack, and then when the actual fight is engaged, they join in with the other troops, thus making them attack twice :) The French wiki is very comprehensive concerning the catapults.

This is a rough summary of what is said on the link I just gave:

The cats have two types of wall reduction: the virtual reduction and the physical reduction.

The virtual reduction takes place at the very beginning of the fight, and cannot bring the wall down by more than half of its height (i.e. if the wall is level 13, you cannot destroy it by more than 7 levels; if it is level 24, you cannot destroy it by more than 12 levels, etc.). This virtual reduction is taken into account when your troops enter the city and fight.

The physical reduction takes place at the very end of the fight, and has no limit as to how much it can destroy the wall, but it is not taken into account when your troops enter the city and fight. This is the number of destroyed levels you see on your battle report.

The catapults can damage 1 building per attack (except the special buildings), if you have Stone Hail researched. The chance of bringing a building down by 1 level increases with each catapult you have sent with your attack :) However, I have noticed that if you do not win the battle, you will not make any damage to the city.

DeletedUser50833

I am more interested in knowing how to calculate the wall damage if a city is stacked.

Example:
Farm Village level 7 : Eventhough the tool tip says use catapult for effective attacks - we know 160 horsmen is lot easier to get the village than catapults

There should be a formula to calculate the catapult vs walls in stacked city

I have seen catapult lowering the wall by nearly 30% with some attacks and sometimes it doesnt lower the wall at all.
in both cases city is stacked .

If we know the details - it would help to plan an attack on a stacked city

DeletedUser

I am more interested in knowing how to calculate the wall damage if a city is stacked.

Example:
Farm Village level 7 : Even though the tool tip says use catapult for effective attacks - we know 160 horsmen is lot easier to get the village than catapults

There should be a formula to calculate the catapult vs walls in stacked city

I have seen catapult lowering the wall by nearly 30% with some attacks and sometimes it doesnt lower the wall at all.
in both cases city is stacked .

If we know the details - it would help to plan an attack on a stacked city

I've been looking for that formula everywhere I could think of, but didn't find anything.

However, I do know one thing - the amount of troops you sent along with your catapults influence the physical destruction of the wall by your cats. That is, an attack with 100 slingers and 20 cats will do more damage to the wall than those 20 cats alone. So when attacking a stacked, one would have to find a good ratio between the number of cats sent and that of other troops so as to maximise the destruction of the wall :)