Children in Alliances

DeletedUser

Who got better mental age? Teenagers on facebook or 60's gambling?

There's plenty of non teenagers on facebook so I'm not sure what your point is there.

All I will say is that I've known a lot of players on this game, and 2 of the ones I consider amongsth the best leaders / players were teenagers.

DeletedUser

Yea my point exactly. It is the mental age, or maturity level that determines whether a player is good or not. I have come across a 60 year old that had regular tanties like an 8 year old......

DeletedUser38652

Yea my point exactly. It is the mental age, or maturity level that determines whether a player is good or not. I have come across a 60 year old that had regular tanties like an 8 year old......
Might have had some problems there..

As people grow so does their mentality. You cant say that someone thats 11 is more mature than a 30.

Everything starts from a place and eventually everyone grows up to an irritating old man/lady

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser27700

I have tried to teach a 50 something yr old how to revolt and conquer a target, and failed.
Then in another world, I learn things from people younger than I all the time.

I completely agree with the maturity factor, but also just because someone acts goofy on skype or forums, does not mean they are not focused or capable of a task, leadership or simply organizing a claim properly.
Im sure anyone who has been in a skype convo with me will assure you I do not act my age :D
But I feel like Ive done a fair job in leading alliances and ops.

DeletedUser38652

As for learning about this game its hard. For me it took me 2 alliances to learn about the game and the CS/academy stuff.

And when it comes to people that act like 8 years old.. People these days likes to play stupid. Even 90's can become funny(sometimes).
If kids sometimes lose their city or something they become aggresive and can say bad things about the community. Not all but some.

DeletedUser

I'm 16 and I've been playing MMORTS games for 6 years, starting on Tribal Wars, which is arguably more competitive. I started leading 4 years ago. I've led top 5 tribes (alliances) for the last 3 years. I led a Travian alliance that won the server 2.5 years ago. I've been rank 2 on a TW .net world with over 700 villages.

Age does not determine anything. Maturity doesn't necessarily, either - there are a lot of great players who are incredibly arrogant or egotistical. If that's not a product of immaturity I don't know what is. A higher 'mental age', as it has been put, will obviously limit mistakes but I don't feel that the MMORTS template and basic arithmetic is the exclusive realm of geniuses, or even of that of people of an 'average' intellect.

I put it down to experience of the game and dedication.

DeletedUser30111

I put it down to experience of the game and dedication.

Dedication is the key, there are exceptions to every rule, but I think as a general trend if you looked at the "good" grepo players it would be skewed toward older players because like someone said before younger players either don't have the patience to learn properly or get bored shortly into a world and quit.

DeletedUser38652

Dedication is the key, there are exceptions to every rule, but I think as a general trend if you looked at the "good" grepo players it would be skewed toward older players because like someone said before younger players either don't have the patience to learn properly or get bored shortly into a world and quit.

True! Just because 2 teenagers whi have led their alliances into victory in a world doesnt make all teenagers good.

BTW what about the other 100 players who have also led their team to victory.
Maturity plays a big role in a team game. If you got a trolling kid in your alliance that doesnt listen to the leader and take chances by attacking big players just for fun. That player will end up getting kicked out, losing his cities and quitting the game.

DeletedUser

True! Just because 2 teenagers whi have led their alliances into victory in a world doesnt make all teenagers good.

BTW what about the other 100 players who have also led their team to victory.
Maturity plays a big role in a team game. If you got a trolling kid in your alliance that doesnt listen to the leader and take chances by attacking big players just for fun. That player will end up getting kicked out, losing his cities and quitting the game.

Thats where the more experienced players come in to help until he learns. Everyone learns eventually. At least he is keeping the big players busy while his alliance takes cities, can be used to an advantage.

DeletedUser38652

Thats where the more experienced players come in to help until he learns. Everyone learns eventually. At least he is keeping the big players busy while his alliance takes cities, can be used to an advantage.

The kid is in 100k point alliance and attacks 300k alliance... Thats what I meant.

DeletedUser38652

The fun part is when he attacks and the not so funny part is when he gets owned.

DeletedUser38828

It's all down to whether they have the patience and the professional attitude. With people who are willing to take the time to talk and write correctly, I would rather them a leader of my alliance than some other players.

An example of this would be: "Cn I jn a aliance wif u" - this doesn't seem like the proper leadership qualities.

Regardless of age if they have the patience and maturity, the skill will surely and quickly follow. :)

DeletedUser16696

i am 10 and i do good, and im not bad or have mardy stuff

DeletedUser38828

Exactly, are you a leader in a successful alliance or have been part of the top co-ordinators? That's the point we are trying to make.

DeletedUser27346

The players that start young 10-11 are the ones that if they stick around until they are a bit older are the ones that truly know the game and lead the winning alliances. But as it was stated several times its just a matter of patience and the willing to learn (and which of us has the most time to spend with a bag of chips and a computer moniter instead of playing outside fighting child obesity.) :p

DeletedUser11965

hey..i started when i was like 13 and all my alliances are a fail :)

EDIT: except the one in Pi

DeletedUser38828

Yes, whether their 10-13 kids actually stick around instead of playing games like halo or Call of duty. Just because the action doesn't happen straight away instead of within the first month :)