Inactive Topic Choose Your Interface (1.26 or 2.x)

• Thread starter DeletedUser8396
  • Start date

DeletedUser8396

If you don't read the entire idea, do not reply. If you have a problem with the idea, and did not read it fully, re read the entire idea. I do not want to answer a problem I have already answered.

Proposal: Allow players to choose what interface they want (between 1.26 and 2.x)

The lists: I dont see it. This may qualify as too much coding, too little gain, but maybe not considering many players love 1.26.

Reason: As stated above, many players loved 1.26 rather that 2.x. This is to make everyone happy.

Details: When you join a world, you are sent to the choose direction screen. On that screen, below the direction, a dropdown box is there saying to choose your preferred interface.

You can choose 1.26 or 2.x.

In settings you can switch between the two. You can only change interfaces twice, and can only change for the first 3 days.

Both interfaces have their pro's and cons, so the balance is there already.

1.26 would remain the same as it was, except for major additions (such as Hades etc.).

The major difference is how farms work. If you choose 1.26, it is the attack style farming, 2.x would remain how it is if you chose that.

Idea is subject to be changed if others make suggestions.

Visual Aid: Maybe later.

Abuse/ Blanace: N/A (may change)

Summary: read proposal

DeletedUser

Fantastic idea friend, I support it. We must make a cummunity poll about it, and innogames cant make anything against it :D

DeletedUser

Fantastic idea friend, I support it. We must make a cummunity poll about it, and innogames cant make anything against it :D

Well they can and I think they will. Good idea to make the game customizable but I don't think they will do it.

DeletedUser

Well to give my two since..I'll let phoenix be the judge on this one..Although, InnoGames changed the interfaces as it was voted on and passed. I don't see them changing it back or giving an option to change it back. If someone chose the 1.26 interface I think they should be given all the things that 1.26 had..That would be a disadvantage to 1.26 and the people that chose 2.xx would get all the 2.xx features.

It's a no from me.

DeletedUser8396

This will never happen, running two code bases for a game would double the development time for a feature, it would mean twice the bugs and a lot more.

I fail to see how this would remotely even pay for itself, you couldn't just bring back the old interface they would have to create a brand new interface that looked like the old one.

I can't see any benefit for it, bar increasing the bugs in the game, and slowing down development and increasing time to get bugs fixed.

Well, see it from my/our point of view:

Better to try, and them say no, then to never try, and never know.

DeletedUser

Most 1.2x players are long gone, it's not even worth sentimental value.

DeletedUser

Well, see it from my/our point of view:

Better to try, and them say no, then to never try, and never know.

You are right. But anything will happen, I will Support your idea. I told, we must make a poll. Inno cant make anything against it.

DeletedUser

But if only the screen would change.... So if the farming village system, and other features will be the same like 2.x, and we can change only the screen.

DeletedUser

Yes, Its a great idea but it is imposible. Some players from beta quit the world even when they had over75 citys just because the dident liked 2x

DeletedUser

Meh, I wouldn't want to see Grepolis devolve into different world versions, it is enough that we have the differing settings we do now. Plus there are some older players who prefer 1.26, but don't like certain aspects of it, or like some features of 2.0 such as the improved interface.

DeletedUser

Just a supposition, but if Inno Announce its 3.0 version, what about 2.x? They will change it to the newest versions again.....and again......and again.....???

Just curious.

DeletedUser8396

Just a supposition, but if Inno Announce its 3.0 version, what about 2.x? They will change it to the newest versions again.....and again......and again.....???

Just curious.

Upgrades are one of the worst and best thin gs. Sadly.

I liked bits of 1.26 (overall, I prefer 2.0 but) and I know others did as well. Maybe this idea wont be implemented, but it could serve as a message or reminder that 1.26 should not die.

DeletedUser14492

Well to give my two since..I'll let phoenix be the judge on this one..Although, InnoGames changed the interfaces as it was voted on and passed. I don't see them changing it back or giving an option to change it back. If someone chose the 1.26 interface I think they should be given all the things that 1.26 had..That would be a disadvantage to 1.26 and the people that chose 2.xx would get all the 2.xx features.

It's a no from me.

lol, that vote was rigged in several ways and anyone who followed events closely enough knows it. Inno had decided to implement 2.x regardless of that vote, because it makes them more money. Simples.

But I do agree this idea is very unlikely to get off the ground, personally I would not go back to 1.26 anyway, I am happy with 2.x... not the money making/premium side of it! But the interface is better I think once you get used to it.

Ev

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8396

But I do agree this idea is very unlikely to get off the ground, personally I would not go back to 1.26 anyway, I am happy with 2.x... not the money making/premium side of it! But the interface is better I think once you get used to it.

Ev

Agreed, but there are about 3 types of players that would choose 1.26"

1. Those with very little internet speed (if I remember correctly, 1.26 was incredibly less of a toll)
2. THose that LOVE 1.26 (the oldies)
3. Those that want an old grepolis world to see what it was like.

DeletedUser

Well if you want to see what old Grepolis looked like, get on to youtube and search for Grepolis videos made in 2010 and 2011.

I think this has been said before already, but very few 'old players' exist now, and I doubt a majority of them would love everything about 1.26 to rush back to it. Such a world release would be even less popular than a Hero World with morale.

DeletedUser8396

I think this has been said before already, but very few 'old players' exist now, and I doubt a majority of them would love everything about 1.26 to rush back to it. Such a world release would be even less popular than a Hero World with morale.

Ermmmm, wouldnt be unpopular at all mate. If anything it would be the MOST popular because you get to choose what you wanted.

I know this probably wont be implemented, but I want to see what would happen if it passed.

DeletedUser14492

Well if you want to see what old Grepolis looked like, get on to youtube and search for Grepolis videos made in 2010 and 2011.

I think there are more old time players around than you think my friend ;)

But I dont think many would prefer 1.26 back anyway.

Ev

DeletedUser

We've moved on.

Also, companies don't do backwards steps, simply because of their reputation for moving forward, not backwards. Even if it made a bit more money I doubt they would do it.