City names banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I understand the need but whats wrong with "NOT IN THE FACE!" What characters do they deem in appropriate exactly?

DeletedUser11965

Maybe they were talking about this and that you know :D

DeletedUser23986

I understand the need but whats wrong with "NOT IN THE FACE!" What characters do they deem in appropriate exactly?

Send in a support request, and ask the senior mods to answer you, what exactly is wrong. PM their reply please.

Nice name to be tried :D

DeletedUser

There are soooo many possible city names.
I get that your's is not particularly explicit (but it is fairly obvious why it is blocked no? I mean, you're clearly taking a phrase from a snow ball fight out of context :p) but meh, there are many others to choose from.

DeletedUser

"IN THE FACE"

in German.... "indafase" is a really, really, really, bad word....

Sort of like the word "guzaminka" in Japanese... only without your aunt's sofa being involved.

DeletedUser18132

I remember when kosta was protesting Inno and named his city Spartard. :D Surprisingly, no mod noticed.

DeletedUser

I can see where the mods deem that inappropriate. I think "InYurFace" is more appropriate for the game.

DeletedUser

I can see where the mods deem that inappropriate. I think "InYurFace" is more appropriate for the game.

No its supposed to be funny because I'm settling a city right in the middle of 100's of enemy cities. I was also trying "OHH CR4P WHERE AM I!" but to no avail. Damn, guess I have to think of something else thats funny lol.

DeletedUser8790

No its supposed to be funny because I'm settling a city right in the middle of 100's of enemy cities. I was also trying "OHH CR4P WHERE AM I!" but to no avail. Damn, guess I have to think of something else thats funny lol.

I still cannot believe this, I have seen far worse names out there, I mean there is a guy on my island called Hyman Hunter for pete;s sake, I am thinking about changing all my cities to Not in the face as a protest.

DeletedUser

If you see anything inappropriate like this in game you should definitely report them using the support tool to submit a ticket.
You can't expect the in game moderators to see every single city name that's ever been made.

DeletedUser

If you see anything inappropriate like this in game you should definitely report them using the support tool to submit a ticket.
You can't expect the in game moderators to see every single city name that's ever been made.

Indeed. No one is good enough to spot everything.

DeletedUser

Here is the reply.

Hello deni3d,

I am sorry, I am not sure how your enquiry arose, however I have looked at your city names, and *Edited* is certainly not acceptable. Please would you change that.

Some things are not acceptable in their own right, such as obvious veiled profanity. Other things are not acceptable because the context they are in makes the profane meaning clear.

If you are in any doubt as to whether something is acceptable, please consider whether the parent of a 12 year old player would be happy to see it on their daughter's screen. This should give a reasonable indication.

I will check back in 24 hours to ensure the city name has been changed to something inoffensive.

Sincerely,

Hazel
Co-Community Manager

I figured out I guess they don't allow exclamation marks in city names which is weird... They did get my on the other name though lol, I admit that 1 was kind of funny but inappropriate. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser12667

"IN THE FACE"

in German.... "indafase" is a really, really, really, bad word....

Sort of like the word "guzaminka" in Japanese... only without your aunt's sofa being involved.

You know for just a game there are quite a few who take what is posted as personal attacks:( And to top it the mods are willing to send refractions just cause a player took a post as a personal insult. Where does comon sense come into play here? Or better yet, where does the fact that those who complain should have pointed out to them that this is a game and lightening up is a plus. But instead, it seems that they dont look at the whole story before they send warnings.

I think that instead of supporting players taking things to heart, there needs to be more involved when a complaint is made. If the player who makes the complaint is new, then he/she needs to be informed this is a game. And also the one who is being complained about also needs to be taken into consideration. I will use Rooster as an example, the dude is from what I have seen lighthearted and one to spam a bit with lighthearted spam. So a player sends a complaint against him, it is obvious that the player took roosters post personal, where as rooster was just doin what rooster does. So instead of telling the player that rooster means no harm, they send rooster a warning or whatever. And that promotes the negative ways on the externals:(

DeletedUser20688

Complain to Inno untill you win! I name my citys after boarder line things but they have not caught me as of yet.

DeletedUser12667

Complain to Inno untill you win!

Yup that is grepo 2013:)

But use caution corey, you may get -repd by posting unhappy posts. And I know you are like me and go into a great depression when one -reps you or disagrees with you lol:D

DeletedUser

I remember when kosta was protesting Inno and named his city Spartard. :D Surprisingly, no mod noticed.

Not sure if related, but Aicy used to have a group of spartarded's running around. Really annoyed the mods. :p

DeletedUser

This discussion is going off topic, please get back to the topic and follow the forum rules or this thread will be closed.

Thank you.

DeletedUser23986

So the exclamation was banned?

Last edited:

DeletedUser20688

Yup that is grepo 2013:)

But use caution corey, you may get -repd by posting unhappy posts. And I know you are like me and go into a great depression when one -reps you or disagrees with you lol:D

Don't worry, the King of Grepolis is not bothered about -rep.

I am still yet to see a city out do my favourite in terms of awesomeness whats not been banned

Costa Del Bum Hole > Spartard :p

Status
Not open for further replies.