City Names That Help

DeletedUser

I name mine after toast and breakfast items so that everyones to scared to attack me (except for one guy named marcus orillos who I bounced 9 attacks from! Shame on you TW XD!) like 1.The Head Toaster 2.The Toast Slice 3.The Butter Knife 4.The Jam Jar and 5.The Juice Cup. (Coming soon 6.The Cereal Bowl)

Well now I have 6. The Cereal Bowl, coming up soon 7. The Spoon n Fork

DeletedUser

what if you added a ton of characters like☆ or ✂ or ☠ in your names, how hard would the bb coding be?

DeletedUser

The game does not recognize special characters in city names.

DeletedUser

I was attacked, but only after I attacked first :p

All of my cities start out with 2 letter or number's, then Brigade. I use that on all games like this one as I think names like "AC143" or "BQX4" are kinda not my style.

City names can provoke people into attacking you, but not to keep them away. Writing "Cute little harmless bunny" will not keep them from attacking you. Although, writing "I think (Alliance name here) is stupid" will most likely make that alliance very angry at you.

Aicy

Strategos
Maybe writing "I think [Alliance name here] is awesome" might stop them from attacking you.

Actually... No... If I say that about my alliance no doubt would they be losing wall privileges in the next few hours. :/

DeletedUser

I knew of a Metal Gear fan in Zeta who started with a city named Outer Heaven, a place of repute to Metal Gear fans. Then, he named his second city Outer Haven, another name of repute among Metal Gear fans who played Metal Gear Solid 4. Then, he just turned it into one big joke based on puns with the word "outer."

Ex.: Outer Sight, Outer Reach, Outer Mind, Outer Luck, Outer Time...you get the idea.

DeletedUser

I used to name my cities insults in long dead languages (ex: Sumerian). But when I came back to the game I decided to name my cities after professions and thus my first city is the town of farmers. I plan to use confusing professions that noobs would think indicate what I have in that city such as city of warriors/soldiers or city of sailors.

DeletedUser

Actually I saw one city called TW-Shadow is awesome (TW-Shadow is the top alliance in alpha!) I asked them why they named it that, and they said it was because they didn't want to get conquered. I look back a month later and they have been conquered XD

DeletedUser

I don't know if this is of any value but when I see an incoming attack or when I go for a big conquest, I change the name of my city to match their city name.

Their report says BOSTON attacks BOSTON. And then they have to request support for BOSTON.

True you'd have to be might dumb to be perplexed by my system. but it give me a chuckle.

DeletedUser

lol, that is a good idea, i prefer to name cities after tribes like huns,celtic,vikings etc..

DeletedUser

I like. "Sparta(Attackers name) is attacking himself" or "an idiot"

DeletedUser

I named all my cities variations of Sparta so you couldn't co-ordinate attacks

Sppaarta
Sparrttaa
Spaaartta
Spartaaa
Spppartaa

Funny thing is I had 17 cities :)

DeletedUser

this is worse:

Publicus Hostilus
Pvblicus Hostilus
Publicvs Hostilus

and so on...

the dude has 5 cities now, I dare not imagine.. he can have 18 combinations..

I mean, I've even been able to discern between city names like 123123123123123 and 123123123223123 but the font in grepo makes the above ones way harder..

DeletedUser

Yes thats true but like someone else said before if a person is gonna attack you they will attack you regardless of the city name. However, when you name a city to insult an alliance or player you better be prepared for them to attack you.