Passed City profiles

Would you like to see this idea implemented?

• Yes

Votes: 48 67.6%
  • No.

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

I apologize for the large post,but I like everything worked out!Dont start reading if you cant stand big posts!:p

Proposal:

This came to my mind when I saw so many players who think this could add a bit of fun in the game.
I too thought of that since my plan is to start building cities with "special" names and stories.

Reason:

I think this is not something necessary but I think its a small idea really.
And I believe it would get some charm for the game.

Details:

Picture yourself as a real medieval king.

You have alot of cities under your command.You fought viciously and bravely to conquer some,while others you constructed on rich lands before your enemy did.
While one of your cities fell,you retreated to another one in wich people defended to the last breath.
And so the story goes on.
What I wanted to say is,that you cant really tell stories about the other towns you have.(or write anything about them at all)
A profile for them would work.
As you know,you have on your left side the PROFILE button.And there you can write down almost anything,and whenever a player would click on one of your towns he would get that profile.
I would like that every town you have has its own profile,but lets sort out the tricky parts first.

The first town you had(the one you got on the very beginning of the game)would have the main profile.(the one that already exists)All other towns that are under your rule would be slightely changed.

Every other town would still have the normal PROFILE option on to your left.We wont touch that.BUT,in the upper corner where you can see the overviews of your administrator,groups and whatever else,you would have a "Town Profile".(VA)That button would lead you into a similar window as it would in your main profile on your main(first)city.There you would have normal editing settings,bold,colours, everything.
This way,I believe it would be more fun.
But there's more to it.

So now,this is how it would work: some player clicks on one of your other cities(not the main one)he would get the town profile(everything you wrote about that city he clicked).Now,if you didnt make a profile for one of your cities,you wouldn't see anything at all.It would be normally empty,blank.

But,you say this could lead into confusion.Well,not really.When you click regulary on a player on a map,you wouldn't know wich one of the towns is the main town.(is that important anyway?yes it is.:)well lets sort it out)
That way you couldn't see the first(main)profile I player could have.
This is where another small idea comes in.Clicking on the small "return to main profile"would instantly get you to the first main profile of the first main city of that player.Now,where could this button (return to,,)be located you ask?
In the top left(or right) corner of the profile screen.VA(in this part visual aids come in)

I think I got it all now...or I havent?:heh:

Visual Aids:

I'm getting a new program for graphics today,so everything will be sorted out here in the VA(visual aid),if you didnt understand anything above.:D
I'll mark the parts where I need pics to put up with a simple VA,so I dont have to read all over this again,and if you didnt understand a part,you would get a picture of it.:)

Balance:

I think that this will require both adjustments and changes.But I'm thinking this may just be a small thing,but could add a bit "charm"to the game as I said before.

Abuse Prevention:
There's always the part where players could use inaproppriate dialect,but this is something that has been censured before,when we only had that main profile.

Summary:

If there's anything I missed,I'll check it out later.I too need to get a better look of this idea.It may not be an idea that will instantly get a hundred yes,but when everything is worked out in the details,I think it wont be much of a problem to make,while on the other hand it could improve the game.Any questions that are still unanswered here,please let them be posted.But please be patient for the visual aids as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Thanks guys!

Now,my program is a bit late,but don't worry.I'll get em' up as soon as possible.

DeletedUser

I'm still working on the stupid Corel,sorry for the delay!

DeletedUser

The explanation doesn't make much sense to me, but I get what you want and I don't think it would be a bad idea. I would rather see more updates for gameplay, but once all that's done it would be nice to put in customization stuff like this.

DeletedUser

The explanation doesn't make much sense to me, but I get what you want and I don't think it would be a bad idea. I would rather see more updates for gameplay, but once all that's done it would be nice to put in customization stuff like this.

Yeah,reading it now doesnt make much sense anyway.I'm having some major difficulties with Corel,I have no idea whats wrong with it.But I'll put up pictures hopefully soon in wich most will be explained,and its just pretty simple.:)

DeletedUser345

So people's additions to the town profile add up as different players conquer that town?

DeletedUser

So people's additions to the town profile add up as different players conquer that town?

That would be awesome! So you could see the story of a city when it has passed hands like 10 times. Great idea

DeletedUser345

That would be awesome! So you could see the story of a city when it has passed hands like 10 times. Great idea

Well i think that is what Aphedis is suggesting unless i have gone and changed it comepletly :cool:

DeletedUser

can you not write in yellow i'm gonna ruin my eyes rying to see

DeletedUser

And this is black!:D
Umm,Achilles,I havent quite understood what you asked.
You're asking if the profile of a conquered town would stay?If thats it,the answer is no.It wouldnt.:)

DeletedUser

Cute answer.:D

When I think of it guys,this VA will take some time due to some technical problems..Man I sound,techincaly!:p

DeletedUser

nice:D
PS: achilles he does have a point, yellow...or gold, is quite hard to read

Status
Not open for further replies.