Colonizing

DeletedUser

If you need to ask that question.. Your best bet is to conquer an inactive player.

If you do what to conquer an enemy player, you will need to know the following.

1) When he is active? -Grepolis-Intel will help you with that-
2) Does he have an alliance that could send him support?
3)What type of City are you attacking? (get a spy report)

I would say take a 5k-7k city that is near your alliance's core. If you are in an alliance.

DeletedUser

there are just so many stuff to look for:
starting from logic ones like is it close to enemy/is it close to alliances/will support get in time to your first city/are there any players I can farm etc etc etc
and ending up in so little impacts like what villages are there(e.g. do they trade resources the way I would like them to do(you can't really check it so you would need to ask someone on the island)) or what the island is +/-

There are just so many points you need to look for that I'm sure even if I would try to answer to the best standards I'm sure I would miss something out everything also depends on your play style some people like to be close to enemies others don't.

DeletedUser5554

If its your first or second look for a quick pick up like a 2500 player with no alliance or an internal conquest. Then ease into it a little bit more by going for mildly challenging targets who will call for help and try to resist. Then build up to tougher targets.

DeletedUser

Assuming you actually want to colonize and not take a city, I can give you some advice that was given to me by mike and chilli. If you colonize do it on a +wood island and use it either as a bireme or ls factory while keeping the city points down. That way if people want to take it the morale will make them look twice. Also, if you just want to colonize to get into a hero world do it on a faster server. Speed 1 really isn't worth the time it takes to build the city up.