Congratulations to the alliance Harbingers!

DeletedUser15049

Having had the honour of chatting with philney before he left and getting some history about the Harbs, CONGRATULATIONS are in order.

Well done to you all.

I hope he kept it clean :p

Want to say well done Ghost for coming forth and showing a touch of class. Its been a giggle.

DeletedUser

Its a pity that the world had to semi-end this way..I was hoping for a anhilation war(dont correct me dune I know I spelled it wrong) not this cruddy WW race...Its a waste of resources but never the less I congratulate the 3H's on their win they were very strong enemies...
But most of all as many people allready did I congratulate Imperica for kicking Lord Banath knowing he was inactive and by doing so clearing 1 city(1 was enough) on a WW island,helping the Harbs to their victory..Its not the proper way to win but its still a win...In this game many friendships were born,many enemies obtained many double-crosses happened but after all its still a game and the luckiest won.
Since I cant invite you to a pint of ale(imma minor) imma just gonna invite you for some cevapi:)P)
cevapi.gif

DeletedUser15049

Its a pity that the world had to semi-end this way..I was hoping for a anhilation war(dont correct me dune I know I spelled it wrong) not this cruddy WW race...Its a waste of resources but never the less I congratulate the 3H's on their win they were very strong enemies...
But most of all as many people allready did I congratulate Imperica for kicking Lord Banath knowing he was inactive and by doing so clearing 1 city(1 was enough) on a WW island,helping the Harbs to their victory..Its not the proper way to win but its still a win...In this game many friendships were born,many enemies obtained many double-crosses happened but after all its still a game and the luckiest won.
Since I cant invite you to a pint of ale(imma minor) imma just gonna invite you for some cevapi:)P)
cevapi.gif

Hi Admir...

A few things need to be pointed out here. For one the loss of Banath from the Wonder Island meant no difference to the game. The Pyramid had already been lost as L8RUNR had CSd Banath. I don't quite know why your alliance seems determined to cling onto such myths as you put forward here as explanations for your loss ...but as I've always said... DoA are worthy of being losers...

My view is that Imperica should never have been invited as all it has done is give your alliance a chance to whine and indulge in quite remarkable hypocrisy considering none of you had anything to say when TrevorMincher account sat on a level 10 wonder and you were all literally an hour from victory. Lets never forget such a salient truth. After all, such truths are what cost you the game.

As for the warring ability of DoA. DoA could not beat one player (in the main moi) for 7 months. Despite every underhand trick known to man you could not get past the banned accounts and easy gains that came from it. In ocean 54 you are being raped. You lost wonders that should have been easily defended by a 70ml pt alliance. I see no sign of DoA being what they seem to have deluded themselves as being.

One day people over there will get honest and realise what went wrong and why. Until then - I recommend not playing war games.

salute

dunedinlad

Lugosi

Strategos
WHat are you on about?

Team DOA had many more members and allies that Harbs, HWC and HB... Don't be bitter because the better players outsmarted and beat you guys.

Dont forget DOA were hours away from winning a while back.

What am I on about? Re-read my post and eventually your answer should come.

We have around the same member count, your side have a few more although that may have been different in the past. I can't see us having many more allies than you in all honesty from what I've seen, I've never heard of us working with ours so I didn't bother counting them really. Oh, I'm not being bitter, I barely play this world anymore. I only really played back when it started and when I was in Black apart from that I've just logged in to keep everything going and slowly conquer easy hits. I lead the rank 2 alliance in Beta, we were originally Phenomen and were warred by 3 alliances mainly grouped as Dragons Head then the rest joined in apart from 2 which merged into us later on. We may have been big but they surrounded us, the density of their front with ours was much vaster compared to what we had so size and allies doesn't seal the deal that DoA had the odds with them, DoA seemed to have a good run but when I joined with Black, it didn't have much enthusiasm although there are some real teams in the alliance. From what I've managed and discussed on Skype, your outsmarting was on the adverse side of the rules and I really don't think you're the better players, another scenario, different alliances and a different combination would've won.

Congratulations but I'm sure DoA will bounce back. DS are in Beta, we've worked with those who defected from the large amount who opposed us and we've managed to help get two cities to jam up their wonder works although one has been taken back but it shouldn't of got in anyway. Enjoy the victory but look to the future because allies and enemies will and you'll probably get crossed.

DeletedUser3288

What am I on about? Re-read my post and eventually your answer should come.

We have around the same member count, your side have a few more although that may have been different in the past. I can't see us having many more allies than you in all honesty from what I've seen, I've never heard of us working with ours so I didn't bother counting them really. Oh, I'm not being bitter, I barely play this world anymore. I only really played back when it started and when I was in Black apart from that I've just logged in to keep everything going and slowly conquer easy hits. I lead the rank 2 alliance in Beta, we were originally Phenomen and were warred by 3 alliances mainly grouped as Dragons Head then the rest joined in apart from 2 which merged into us later on. We may have been big but they surrounded us, the density of their front with ours was much vaster compared to what we had so size and allies doesn't seal the deal that DoA had the odds with them, DoA seemed to have a good run but when I joined with Black, it didn't have much enthusiasm although there are some real teams in the alliance. From what I've managed and discussed on Skype, your outsmarting was on the adverse side of the rules and I really don't think you're the better players, another scenario, different alliances and a different combination would've won.

Congratulations but I'm sure DoA will bounce back. DS are in Beta, we've worked with those who defected from the large amount who opposed us and we've managed to help get two cities to jam up their wonder works although one has been taken back but it shouldn't of got in anyway. Enjoy the victory but look to the future because allies and enemies will and you'll probably get crossed.

DOA + EOTD + IOA outnumbered the Honey Badgers, HWC and Harbs around 3-1. Not to mention the other rim jobs that stood by you sending support and resources to wonders.

You guys got battered, EOTD were getting battered by around 6 players... a 91 player alliance at the time... DOA have proven they dont have what it takes to rule, they cant fight, and quite frankly arent smart enough, as everyone knows when people like merry run the alliance.

Don't come on here sprouting stats from an alliance you "run" on Beta.... Most of the success is probably down to the people in your alliance not you. If you look back at the leaders of top alliances in delta, they sucked (apart from 44). They are the reason DOA lost the server, it was smaller groups of players that won this server, because of their skill and smarts... not trying to win through sheer numbers.

DeletedUser15049

DOA + EOTD + IOA outnumbered the Honey Badgers, HWC and Harbs around 3-1. Not to mention the other rim jobs that stood by you sending support and resources to wonders.

You guys got battered, EOTD were getting battered by around 6 players... a 91 player alliance at the time... DOA have proven they dont have what it takes to rule, they cant fight, and quite frankly arent smart enough, as everyone knows when people like merry run the alliance.

Don't come on here sprouting stats from an alliance you "run" on Beta.... Most of the success is probably down to the people in your alliance not you. If you look back at the leaders of top alliances in delta, they sucked (apart from 44). They are the reason DOA lost the server, it was smaller groups of players that won this server, because of their skill and smarts... not trying to win through sheer numbers.

I agree dani. What counts is teamwork and geo placement. The numbers were shown to be worthless other than the resource sends for wonder builds. Yet again we see a bizarre denial of the adverse side of the rules actions of DoA. Despite everyone knowing it went on. Despite Tribulus himself acknowledging it going on and accepting we won playing them at the same game.

44 was a great leader - he knew diplomacy and how it worked - and he would have never chosen the war they chose under Trib, Merry and Kris. It made no sense at all to choose such a war with the Wonders looming. 44 knew I stood right up to the EotD, Scorps, GK attempts to push down and surround the guys who are now the Honey Badgers. I did so for good reasons that have been shown over time to be right. Never regretted that choice. Such a stupid move by their leadership to go for a war based on personality. That was their weakness really. The gang and their anti Dun/Hun mentality.

Other than 44 there was only myself who kept the leadership of a top page alliance right through to the end. I never took founder rights. Maybe that was the key to it. You see them in DoA with all those founders and yet what have they managed to achieve?

Loss.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

We should look back at the war first..
At the begining it was EotD and the Harbs vs. The Huns and DoA...Then The Huns made allies with The Harbs and so did DoA with EotD..But that pact was short lived cuz of the leader vote where Harbs supported jack while the others support hunter(I stayed neutral :p).Harbs broke our pact and The Huns made peace with EotD thus ending the long war that started from ...TicTac's first alliance(I dont remember the name but I do know that they named themselves "TheLegion of Light for about 2 weeks"..The Huns lost a lot of players and merged firstly with Black and the with The Off Topic Crusaders,The Crusaders went on their own(de-merged,or how it is said) and started a war with Ionian Legions...DoA started a war against OTC and so did he Huns(for 4 days),Then the Huns merged with DoA to create the " Super alliance"(Stupid decision,still think it was the most ridicules decision to date in Delta)..I mean The Harbs were good even taking first place as an alliance,dont know why the Huns got scared they were 1 million points behind 2nd ranked DoA and 2 million behind 1 st ranked Harbs..They still had fight left in them...The Super alliance semed like a good idea to me for 3 sec's..But how do you succesfully run a bloody fcki* 200 player 75 mil points alliance...Then came the wonders race(the most retarded part of grepolis to date)..DoA was so close to wining more than a few times,firstly owen richardson betrayed us(Knew who it was the 1st second it happened)...Then paul grady and kaner took a few nibbles of the piramids...Then well you know the rest xD...

Cheers,Admir Wermax Mujacic

DeletedUser

As for the leaders I have got to know and/or was under them
1.Miss Google-Dont know what to think she was 3 k points when she quit
2.Kay Zee,deftones,leprecaun-Nice bunch deftones I didnt know that much Kay Zee was one of my best friends in the game,leprecaun was his wife's brother LOL
3.Mikira-She was nice,not really strict and thats why Pugnaciouse Spirit crumbled
4.Thessalos-At first he was great,very nice friend,strong player at the time but then he became a maniac,driving G-K into war against IL,DoA,The Huns..He even accused me of betraying him,that little bugger when I was fighting off hunter,quad and the others while I was pro-Hun..
5.Vengence1-Raggedy as mcke* but still a hell of good friend,leader,fighter..Deserves respect.
6.Sparky Ste-Didnt have much contact..Was strong never losing a city while he was active..But I hated the monarchy at The Huns..He had all the rights,fiz was his right hand
7.fizpan38-Really good player,good friend,great diplomat..what more to say
8.Kristopoulos-Havent had much contact,but a good leader and strong player
9.Petronious-We exchanged some messages but he seems good he's onest and his old(senile) forgeting stuff xD.But honestly the guy deserves respect,he never gets into forum quarels and he leads his alliance really well..Not to step on any toe's in DoA but Pertonious is probably the best overall player in delta(at least for me)
10.dunedinlad-Didnt really have too many messages but our forums quarrels are fun..Never the less,fun guy to be around,good player,and the only guys that can make me here..

Lugosi

Strategos

Pheno/DS was and still is an autocracy.

Skills and intelligence do not always win, that has shown on other servers sadly. DoA are far from bad compared to some who have chosen the strategy of being one unit instead of multiple small ones, just look at Ascension then especially alliances in Alpha.

DeletedUser5270

Not withstanding the well voiced deficiencies which currently haunt DOA, I think a serious problem with the DOA attempt to win the Wonders race is historical and stems from the war with The Forgotten Phoenix.

TFP were the dominant alliance in the east when grepolis v2 and the wonders were first announced. Most alliances, including DOA preempted this by building wonder islands in advance. However DOA had to build its wonder islands in central locations due to the need to protect them from TFP. When DOA won the war with TFP it never capitalised and didn't move into TFP's territory in any strength, immediately turning its sights to other wars in other directions. As a result DOA never secured its rear and never created a secure place to build new wonder islands that were too far from its enemies to be conquered. The only wonder DOA built which was secure was the Statue of Zeus and this was on my wonder island which I had slowly taken over time by conquering mostly ghost cities from former TFP players (it used to be a TFP wonder island).

As far as I am concerned. I have achieved what I wanted to achieve in this game. Harbingers are at the other side of the world from me and it was purely a marriage of convenience so we could win the wonders race. Now this has been done, I have left Harbingers and intend to go it alone in my own reconstituted Forgotten Phoenix alliance. My activity will probably be minimal but I am not quitting Delta until September as I have paid up for the administrator until then.

A big congratulations to Harbingers for their well deserved victory and I am sure they will continue to go from strength to strength.

Also a big THANKS to everyone who has made Delta a great fun filled place to be for the last couple of years.

And lastly GOOD LUCK to EVERYBODY past and present in Delta. I hope real life proves to be as good for you as it has been for me!

DeletedUser15049

Not withstanding the well voiced deficiencies which currently haunt DOA, I think a serious problem with the DOA attempt to win the Wonders race is historical and stems from the war with The Forgotten Phoenix.

TFP were the dominant alliance in the east when grepolis v2 and the wonders were first announced. Most alliances, including DOA preempted this by building wonder islands in advance. However DOA had to build its wonder islands in central locations due to the need to protect them from TFP. When DOA won the war with TFP it never capitalised and didn't move into TFP's territory in any strength, immediately turning its sights to other wars in other directions. As a result DOA never secured its rear and never created a secure place to build new wonder islands that were too far from its enemies to be conquered. The only wonder DOA built which was secure was the Statue of Zeus and this was on my wonder island which I had slowly taken over time by conquering mostly ghost cities from former TFP players (it used to be a TFP wonder island).

As far as I am concerned. I have achieved what I wanted to achieve in this game. Harbingers are at the other side of the world from me and it was purely a marriage of convenience so we could win the wonders race. Now this has been done, I have left Harbingers and intend to go it alone in my own reconstituted Forgotten Phoenix alliance. My activity will probably be minimal but I am not quitting Delta until September as I have paid up for the administrator until then.

A big congratulations to Harbingers for their well deserved victory and I am sure they will continue to go from strength to strength.

Also a big THANKS to everyone who has made Delta a great fun filled place to be for the last couple of years.

And lastly GOOD LUCK to EVERYBODY past and present in Delta. I hope real life proves to be as good for you as it has been for me!

TFP were long gone when the game stepped up a level. Your alliance was really poor when one thinks about the outcome... bluntly. BoM were far bigger threats to DoA (potentially) and at one point more effective. I did like your old alliance leader though. Decent guy. Very decent guy. In terms of placement - you are most likely right. Which made the decision to go to war with my crew seriously nuts.

DeletedUser15049

Amir,

Re the list you put down. Petronious who? He the guy that ran a 70ml pt alliance out of their wonders? Or did he lead a frontline for 2 years without losing a city (whilst active)? Or was he the guy running diplomacy across the server? Or was he the guy...

Getting the picture?

Best players on Delta by far are L8RUNR, paul grady, TicTac, Vigoran, daniejam and myself. End of story. I will explain why. Each of the people on that list showed over time they could do more than simply battle.

Ask fiz. He'd agree.

DeletedUser

Yes dune I agree but as I said overall and that is in terms of fighting,leading and for me one of the most valuble player assets-respecting the enemy.

DeletedUser

Amir,

Re the list you put down. Petronious who? He the guy that ran a 70ml pt alliance out of their wonders? Or did he lead a frontline for 2 years without losing a city (whilst active)? Or was he the guy running diplomacy across the server? Or was he the guy...

Getting the picture?

Best players on Delta by far are L8RUNR, paul grady, TicTac, Vigoran, daniejam and myself. End of story. I will explain why. Each of the people on that list showed over time they could do more than simply battle.

Ask fiz. He'd agree.

L8RUNR-is a great player,taking a valuble city on our Wonder Island.
paul grady-is a nightmare of an enemy...The HB are still standing there,even stronger but he lacks the respect some other people have
TicTac-never met him,seems like one of the best players on delta but then again,abandoning youre alliance,running to the winning enemy and then taking ur ex-alliances cities without mercy is a pretty bag thing to do...
Vigoran-Vig or DeathsTouch is a great player,even proving himself in the HW where he is in the top 100,he is great but I just dont know why he left Delta :p
daniejam-sorry danie but no clue about you

DeletedUser

The first war with EOTD was started by both The Huns and DOA building 2 colony islands in the heart land of Eotd only for Doa to run away.The Harbs joined the war due to bad diplomacy from Sparky and him wanting to get as much bp as possible by using the rest of the Huns as a mass support net work (If you had looked where he had placed his cities in those oceans you would of seen why) Once the support started drying up Sparty spat the dummy out passing the Huns to Fiz. Then Doa decided that instead of fighting eotd they would turn on HWC. Again bad diplomacy from fiz and not seeing what his members wanted declared war on Hwc causing a split in the Huns and most of the front line players splitting and forming The Honey Badgers. Talks started with Harbs and Huns due to underhand plays by Doa. This was short lived due to Fiz and Phil not getting on so the Huns broke and went to Doa then Ioa went to Doa and eotd and Doa formed peace leaving Doa as a mass alliance getting ready for the wonders only to lose them with a few hours to go and then for the Harbs to win them.Now as for small alliance v big alliances unless 90 per cent of the big alliance is active and wants to fight then the smaller active alliance will win on city gains due to having more choice and easier cities to cs. They have a better support net work due to them being online more often and being more aggressive than a supper alliance.Also you don't get in house fighting and power plays you get in a big alliance.

DeletedUser15049

Yes dune I agree but as I said overall and that is in terms of fighting,leading and for me one of the most valuble player assets-respecting the enemy.

I always respected those who showed respect towards myself and my alliance/allies. Respect is a two way street Admir. There are many players in DOA who will say all they ever got from me was respect. You go speak to Zoki and ask him if he got respect from me. Many players in DoA would say the same. Go speak to the Scorpions and ask if they got respect from me. Go speak to EotD players and ask if they got respect from me. All will say they got respect. I had my enemies, myself and Vigoran were personal enemies since early in the game. However he would say he got what he gave. I operate on simple lines that way.

Do not confuse my contempt for the Satrats and the mickey mouse 'leadership' of Tribulus and mwilliams11 and Vengence1 (who is regarded as a complete joke even within his own alliances here and elsewhere) as my approach in general. Do not confuse my ire at your alliance and its mass mails and forum postings calling me all kinds of abusive terms as my approach to the game. Sure I gave it back but as merry herself said here on this forum I had every right to.

I just don't take the you people have dished out for way too long. Yet you still wonder why you lost. Nuts.

Re your opinion on the list I produced:

L8RUNR-is a great player,taking a valuble city on our Wonder Island.
paul grady-is a nightmare of an enemy...The HB are still standing there,even stronger but he lacks the respect some other people have
TicTac-never met him,seems like one of the best players on delta but then again,abandoning youre alliance,running to the winning enemy and then taking ur ex-alliances cities without mercy is a pretty bag thing to do...
Vigoran-Vig or DeathsTouch is a great player,even proving himself in the HW where he is in the top 100,he is great but I just dont know why he left Delta
daniejam-sorry danie but no clue about you

L8RUNR - he did indeed take that city. Yet you guys were here pointing fingers at Imperica etc. Lets just agree you were mauled. All those members and all those cities nearby yet you couldn't hold a city. Not even support sent to stack it whilst it lay wide open. That aside - for me - L8RUNR is the best all round player on Delta although being a good friend and the guy who first made the peace with my alliance in the days when we were fighting the Huns might colour my views here.

paul grady - you may see him as lacking respect but lets be clear on this. Every single player outwith DoA holds respect for paul as a player. And quite a large number within it. Even the guys in EotD who have every right to feel antagonistic towards paul respect the guy. If you want to demand respect then show it. Which brings me back to my earlier point I guess.

TicTac - you couldn't lace his boots. The guy stood tall throughout and whilst the Huns were at their peak he was scrapping them like no-one's business. You yet again seem to demand respect whilst showing none of it. I had my issues with Tac way back when he tried to lure my alliance back into war with the Huns but would never take that away from him. A great player who earned the right to be classed a winner.

Vigoran - Vig is a great player. I used to wind him up as he really did try a poor CS attempt on me but other than that I can recognise he was a quality player. What is more he thinks strategic. His biggest issue was so did I. I respect the guy fully. He knows that (I think) today. I made my peace with him on Achilles. We get each other now I would imagine.

daniejam - for some the best ever on Delta. I prefer L8RUNR because I have seen his diplomacy and other skills to the fore. However as a battler there is probably no better than daniejam. Which again points to how peripheral the gang were since they have no idea of how good dani was/is.

DeletedUser

I always respected those who showed respect towards myself and my alliance/allies. Respect is a two way street Admir. There are many players in DOA who will say all they ever got from me was respect. You go speak to Zoki and ask him if he got respect from me. Many players in DoA would say the same. Go speak to the Scorpions and ask if they got respect from me. Go speak to EotD players and ask if they got respect from me. All will say they got respect. I had my enemies, myself and Vigoran were personal enemies since early in the game. However he would say he got what he gave. I operate on simple lines that way.

Do not confuse my contempt for the Satrats and the mickey mouse 'leadership' of Tribulus and mwilliams11 and Vengence1 (who is regarded as a complete joke even within his own alliances here and elsewhere) as my approach in general. Do not confuse my ire at your alliance and its mass mails and forum postings calling me all kinds of abusive terms as my approach to the game. Sure I gave it back but as merry herself said here on this forum I had every right to.

I just don't take the you people have dished out for way too long. Yet you still wonder why you lost. Nuts.

Re your opinion on the list I produced:

L8RUNR - he did indeed take that city. Yet you guys were here pointing fingers at Imperica etc. Lets just agree you were mauled. All those members and all those cities nearby yet you couldn't hold a city. Not even support sent to stack it whilst it lay wide open. That aside - for me - L8RUNR is the best all round player on Delta although being a good friend and the guy who first made the peace with my alliance in the days when we were fighting the Huns might colour my views here.

paul grady - you may see him as lacking respect but lets be clear on this. Every single player outwith DoA holds respect for paul as a player. And quite a large number within it. Even the guys in EotD who have every right to feel antagonistic towards paul respect the guy. If you want to demand respect then show it. Which brings me back to my earlier point I guess.

TicTac - you couldn't lace his boots. The guy stood tall throughout and whilst the Huns were at their peak he was scrapping them like no-one's business. You yet again seem to demand respect whilst showing none of it. I had my issues with Tac way back when he tried to lure my alliance back into war with the Huns but would never take that away from him. A great player who earned the right to be classed a winner.

Vigoran - Vig is a great player. I used to wind him up as he really did try a poor CS attempt on me but other than that I can recognise he was a quality player. What is more he thinks strategic. His biggest issue was so did I. I respect the guy fully. He knows that (I think) today. I made my peace with him on Achilles. We get each other now I would imagine.

daniejam - for some the best ever on Delta. I prefer L8RUNR because I have seen his diplomacy and other skills to the fore. However as a battler there is probably no better than daniejam. Which again points to how peripheral the gang were since they have no idea of how good dani was/is.

Well we all got the right to set up our minds our way..It might seem off to you and to some others,but thats the same with all of us..
Its a personal opinion,it differs from person to person..Its like the Messi or C.Ronaldo question..except for a few more Messi's and Ronaldo's

DeletedUser5270

GROM was the best player ever on Delta, for shear skill. Nobody ever came close to him.

DeletedUser

I was always a sparti and ratata fan, but as for the Messi Ronaldo question, there is non. Messi is better hands down especially going by your standards. He is a much better person and as good if not better of a player. They both like to miss PKs though.