Conquering advice

DeletedUser

Hello everyone :)

I just had a quick question I was hoping someone could answer. I've played a lot of browser based games and I'm just starting to get a grip of this one.

What I wanted to ask was this:

I'm situated on an island with several other players, is it the norm to target these other players for conquer? Is my ultimate goal to take all of there cities? Or is it more common to simply attack and neutralise them and conquer a city on another island?

DeletedUser

Yes do option 2. If you conquor on the same island you do not get to farm the villages twice. Whereas if you conquor a city on a seperate island you have 2 sets of farming villages you may farm and gain resources from.

[QUOthTE=SirDecus;440353]Hello everyone :)

I just had a quick question I was hoping someone could answer. I've played a lot of browser based games and I'm just starting to get a grip of this one.

What I wanted to ask was this:

I'm situated on an island with several other players, is it the norm to target these other players for conquer? Is my ultimate goal to take all of there cities? Or is it more common to simply attack and neutralise them and conquer a city on another island?[/QUOTE]

DeletedUser

quick question guys

something i never done before if you have taken out a player and have sent CS, but the player decides to use GOLD.. Yes Gold to demolish his cities before we land from 9K to like 2K can you block your own CS attempt with say a large amount of just biremes...

DeletedUser17523

You can only ecall theCS 10 in into the attack. I say it sucks and that player is a total noob but you dont have much of a choice.

DeletedUser

You can't recall a colony ship during the siege? That's strange - I just assumed that you could. I never tried.

Well, all you need is one light ship to kill your own colony ship. Recall all your other units if you cannot recall the colony ship :)

DeletedUser17523

You cant recall nething unless the attack has been sailing for less than 10 minutes.

DeletedUser

I'm not talking about recalling the attack, but calling back your colony ship once it reaches its target :)

DeletedUser17088

You can recall a CS at any point during a siege (after it lands)

You also get the choice to recall a CS if someone interrupts your revolt

DeletedUser

What do you mean by someone interrupting your revolt? I mean, if another person starts a revolt, there will just be two revolts at the same time, from my experience.

Either way, thanks for clearing up the bit about recalling your colony ship during siege. I was almost certain, but couldn't be quite sure before I tried. I almost decided to test that out a month back when I was taking a ghost city, but it would have delayed my new city by a day, so I didn't find it worthwhile.

DeletedUser

well i thought once a cs arrives at a city that you have revolted the city is yours.. so hence cannot be recalled.

Anyways i stuck 400 biremes in front my own cs attack to stop myself getting the city. couldn't believe someone would use gold to demolish a city.

so wiped out most of my force but hey thats life lol, you gotta do what ya gotta do lol. rebuilt and ready to go again so its cool.

thanks guys for the debate though it was enlightening.

DeletedUser

Ah, doh, I completely forgot that this was a revolt world! :eek: ...

I'm so used to conquest. I don't really like revolt, I must say, even though it gives the less active players a slight advantage :)