Conquest: Mass recruiting v. non-mass recruiting

DeletedUser

Definition of mass recruiting is they pretty much invite anyone and likes to merge. They tend to rely on their sheer member size to scare off others, ask for merger, use diplomacy, rather than coordinate and use troops to do the talking.

As of now, according to grepostat.

http://www.grepostats.com/world/en1/colonizations

out of 7 conquests recorded so far, It's
TW: 5
Zeus: 1
Iris: 1

Typical MiB, Dune, Bio, AO, DW, The Imperial Empire, mass recruiting alliance so far: 0

I wonder if this will change, those mass recruiting alliance has several thousand members. Just by probability alone, they should a lot more conquest than 0 so far.

DeletedUser

Well, with more than 300 members, TW-Shadow is getting close to the size of those mass recruiters. Perhaps you should change the title to 'Mass recruiting v. Selective recruiting'... instead of 'non-mass recruiting'...

Also, be prepared to add Thors Hammer to the list of recorded conquerers, in a few hours time :D !!! Hurrah!

Also, perhaps when you update this thread, include a list of the alliances that lost the cities that were conquered :D hehehehehe.... ;)

DeletedUser

Levache, I believe that is actually more accurate. We don't necessarily have a member limit, even though a few of us believe we should stop accepting applicants, but we are selective with our recruiting.

And congratulations Thors ;)

DeletedUser

Not enough satisfaction within your alliance to post this in your internal forum?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Not enough satisfaction within your alliance to post this in your internal forum?

He is simply posting an observation, there is no need to throw insults at the facts. It's written in black and white on the link.

DeletedUser

He is simply posting an observation, there is no need to throw insults at the facts. It's written in black and white on the link.

If black and white are the only two colors you see. Get help. Nothing is ever clear cut. It could mean the other alliances aren't as expansive, as aggressive, or so forth about themselves. Expansion and Aggressiveness are not the same. I do frown on the number of post about TW made by TW. They seem boastful, arrogant, and full of themselves. Even if they are as much as they claim to be ... they are still boasting.

DeletedUser

Cusi, this is PnP. That's a big part of what this forum is for.

DeletedUser

Cusi, this is PnP. That's a big part of what this forum is for.

I understand that perfectly, I am not saying they are breaking any rules, or that they should stop due to breaking any rules ...

But icecream is good .. a pint, a quart, a gallon ... a barrel? Maybe not so.

DeletedUser

Wow Cusi. This is a game, a competition. Try boasting, if you can find something to boast about. It is quite fun.
Aside from which, if someone manages an exceptional parry sequence + repost in fencing, or if someone scores a really crazy goal in hockey, or if someone manages a crazy wicked tackle in football, isn't boasting about it quite normal? Isn't cheering and posting it on boards, and broadcasting it over the radio for all the world to hear make it that much more awesome?

Anyways, I'll be back to this thread in a few hours. To boast.

DeletedUser

I think the OP wasn't boasting at all. Oh sure TW has 5 colonizations at the time of posting, but the majority of the post seemed to be attacks against others. There was no crazy goal, or wicked tackle. Broadcasting it on the forum so ften diminishes its awesomeness I feel, rather than amplifies.

DeletedUser

If black and white are the only two colors you see. Get help. Nothing is ever clear cut. It could mean the other alliances aren't as expansive, as aggressive, or so forth about themselves. Expansion and Aggressiveness are not the same. I do frown on the number of post about TW made by TW. They seem boastful, arrogant, and full of themselves. Even if they are as much as they claim to be ... they are still boasting.

Black and white is an expression. It doesn't necessarily mean it is "clear cut", it just means there is no denying it. Click on that link right now, and there is no denying Blitz's claim.

Pertaining to the boastfulness comment, boasting is not against the rules, and many of us on the forums simply laugh at these threads. There is a little something called "Propaganda," and this thread certainly fits that category.
I think the OP wasn't boasting at all. Oh sure TW has 5 colonizations at the time of posting, but the majority of the post seemed to be attacks against others. There was no crazy goal, or wicked tackle. Broadcasting it on the forum so ften diminishes its awesomeness I feel, rather than amplifies.

Obviously if this thread has affected you this much, its not too diminished. We have our MAD policy about bolting, and we enjoy our victories. Surely you enjoy posting about your triumphs.

DeletedUser

I understand that perfectly, I am not saying they are breaking any rules, or that they should stop due to breaking any rules ...

But icecream is good .. a pint, a quart, a gallon ... a barrel? Maybe not so.

As TW-S's boaster-in-chief I suppose I ought to comment on this.

We have made 5 threads about ourselves in the past 18 days. That's one thread every 3 and a half days. That's not a lot of posting for a forum that should be a good deal more active. It also happens that we do the most so we have the most to say.

I would love, dearly love to see stuff here that isn't from us. It would make everything much more enjoyable, but we're not flooding other material out with our posting, it's simply that the other material doesn't exist.

To borrow your analogy, ice cream every day may not be a treat any longer, but surely it's preferable to starvation?

DeletedUser

Nice one Lobster.
But really this public forum really SHOULD be more active. TW-Shadow has less than 1% of the Alpha server population, and perhaps roughly 5-10% of the server's 'active' population. Yet the majority of the threads are theirs. All other alliance's are welcome to PnP / w/e on here as much as they like... as Lobster says, it'd make the game more enjoyable :D

DeletedUser

Nice one Lobster.
But really this public forum really SHOULD be more active. TW-Shadow has less than 1% of the Alpha server population, and perhaps roughly 5-10% of the server's 'active' population. Yet the majority of the threads are theirs. All other alliance's are welcome to PnP / w/e on here as much as they like... as Lobster says, it'd make the game more enjoyable :D

For some reason many players have moved on from World Alpha. It seemed to be more of the experiment world to them, as was Beta for many of us.

And I'm pretty sure today was the major inactive clearing for people that started in the first couple of days, but didn't re-log. I saw many islands go almost completely inactive today.

DeletedUser

For some reason many players have moved on from World Alpha. It seemed to be more of the experiment world to them, as was Beta for many of us.

And I'm pretty sure today was the major inactive clearing for people that started in the first couple of days, but didn't re-log. I saw many islands go almost completely inactive today.

I found the same thing

DeletedUser

Ya know, all this BS about Mass Recruiting, how it's bad, how it ruins the game, how it does this, how it does that, none of it matters.

Infact, I give the thumbs up to Mass Recruit tribes, why? because it can work.

For a Mass Invite tribe, you need a few things.

1. Luck, in every invite, 1 in 7 players turn out to be aggressive, active and helpful and become a real part of the alliance. If you are lucky, you can turn out with a great deal of talent in your alliance.
2. Waste, it's important that if you are to make a Mass Invite tribe work, then you throw out the trash and replenish the list constantly, slowly improving the activity and aggressiveness of your alliance with the vision of having a solid roster.
3. Invites, with your mass waste disposal, which there will be.... it's vastly important that you constantly recruit, ensuring you have a constant replinishment of players, talent and activity.
4.Leadership, this proves a vital role in ensuring the said alliance is succesful, off and on the field of play, hence - you may lose rep for mass recruiting, but you gain rep for showing why you made the decision to mass invite and what you have done to improve your alliances chances of survival by turning up for a fight and winning.
5. Diplomacy, a succesful alliance, will look out for number one and no one else. They wont rely on other tribes and numbers to show unity, they will do business for themselves and make themselves a success. To rely on mass alliances, is an opening for deception, mistrust and a lack of unity. One will not e mail the top tribes, asking for friendship, friendship must be earned.

I think I've said my piece for now.

Mass alliances can work and do work - it's all about how you manage and maintain them.

DeletedUser829

I don't think people are saying they will always fail, they're saying of the ones on our server... ... yea.

DeletedUser

I don't think people are saying they will always fail, they're saying of the ones on our server... ... yea.

The general concept of mass recruit tribes always falls under the radar and is always targetted and it always will be.

DeletedUser

Ya know, all this BS about Mass Recruiting, how it's bad, how it ruins the game, how it does this, how it does that, none of it matters.

Infact, I give the thumbs up to Mass Recruit tribes, why? because it can work.

For a Mass Invite tribe, you need a few things.

1. Luck, in every invite, 1 in 7 players turn out to be aggressive, active and helpful and become a real part of the alliance. If you are lucky, you can turn out with a great deal of talent in your alliance.
2. Waste, it's important that if you are to make a Mass Invite tribe work, then you throw out the trash and replenish the list constantly, slowly improving the activity and aggressiveness of your alliance with the vision of having a solid roster.
3. Invites, with your mass waste disposal, which there will be.... it's vastly important that you constantly recruit, ensuring you have a constant replinishment of players, talent and activity.
4.Leadership, this proves a vital role in ensuring the said alliance is succesful, off and on the field of play, hence - you may lose rep for mass recruiting, but you gain rep for showing why you made the decision to mass invite and what you have done to improve your alliances chances of survival by turning up for a fight and winning.
5. Diplomacy, a succesful alliance, will look out for number one and no one else. They wont rely on other tribes and numbers to show unity, they will do business for themselves and make themselves a success. To rely on mass alliances, is an opening for deception, mistrust and a lack of unity. One will not e mail the top tribes, asking for friendship, friendship must be earned.

I think I've said my piece for now.

Mass alliances can work and do work - it's all about how you manage and maintain them.

I agree completely.