Conquest or Revolt

DeletedUser

i know this is a Conquest world but what do yall prefer Revolt or Conquest worlds and why?

DeletedUser

I prefer revolt worlds because I feel they allow for a more aggressive approach, personally.

DeletedUser

i think i would agree with Tafkan. revolt suits my style of play better but i really enjoy playing Tau

DeletedUser

only played conquest, so will have to vote for it, and dont plan on trying revolt anytime soon :p

DeletedUser

I havnt played revolt but from what I have heard I like conquest better, it gives you a chance to attack and support to take a city instead of just attack and seems more fun to have to time attacks and support because unlike the Doc I'm not lazy :p

DeletedUser

There is a fair bit of timing involved when defending in revolt worlds as well, though.

DeletedUser

There is a fair bit of timing involved when defending in revolt worlds as well, though.

Yes but what I mean is this...

Conquest- You support and attack to take a city, and attack and supprt to save a city...

Revolt- You can support only to save a city and attack only to capture a city, to simple in my opinion...

DeletedUser

Tafkanx i get the impression your a bit of a viking style player ;) like nothing better then a quick R_PE and Pillage then off to the next city ;)

No disrespect intended :)

DeletedUser

Ha... I wouldn't say that necessarily. I have been told that I have a very cautious play style, and I would probably agree with that assessment.

More than anything I think I enjoy the simplicity of revolt. You attack with offense and defend with defense (though there is some slight overlap with hybrid units).

Both styles require different tactics, and some players tend to be more suited to one over the other. Your mileage may vary.

DeletedUser20429

very true I prefer revolt as you can grow faster by taking ghost towns with out the revolt tech I have been taking ghost towns my whole time on Rho with the exception of now because I have revolt tech now

DeletedUser

I think revolt requires more of a precise timing, you have to be precise before the cs lands with your attacks otherwise all your work could end up falling and you would end up back at the drawing board. However with conquest it gives you a chance to break the conquest unlike revolt.

I reckon it is personal choice, as mentioned above there are different variables to each system but overall i prefer revolt ;)