Inactive Topic Conquest Terminology

DeletedUser

Proposal

That the 'old' conquest system be officially called 'Siege', rather than 'Conquest'.

Reason

In order to acquire a new city which belongs to another player, we have to conquer it. Depending on our world setting, there are two means to accomplish this: Siege conquest, or Revolt conquest. Referring to one as conquest to the exclusion of the other, is a false dichotomy, and is unnecessary and confusing.

Moreover, there is simply no such thing as a world on this server which is Conquest-free. Since that setting does not exist here, there is no reason to use language which insinuates that it does. This proposal is simply a means to correct official wording of things, so that they make sense, rather than sounding foolish. If things are worded more clearly, people will find it easier to infer meaning. If official terminology sounds confused, then a person reading it will likely follow suit.

Details

All admin mentions of a world setting, in which the old system of conquest is referred to as 'conquest', are edited to be called 'Siege' instead. This will specifically target the world settings description as activated in the log-in menu, the Grepo-Wiki pages, and the forum world descriptions.

Balance/Abuse Prevention

Using different terminology -- or rather, establishing terminology which is common, but which this server ignores -- will not enhance the chances for cheating.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I fully agree with your reasoning, but I think implimenting this simple change now would have bad consequences for Grepolis' clientel.
That said if not many people are going to be put off by the name change, then I say do it!

DeletedUser

:eek: Stargazer you are back? I remember you from Tau, O55 Commander for Hellspawn.

On Topic:
And I agree with the proposal. It makes more sense. And it would be worth changing the name of the technologies. Instead of having both the technologies named conquest in-game. It'd make more sense researching "Siege" technology or "Revolt" technology.

DeletedUser

Hello,

My only city was completely taken over by another player who is ranked #110 in the world that I'm on and now I have start over. This is insane!! How can you guys build a game where people pour money into building a city only have other people completely take them? I can see if I had a city and I wasn't playing the game but how can I ever build a city when the people who have played the longest can do this? This is just plain stupid on the part of the developers.