Newspaper Corinth Weekly | Issue Four

DeletedUser

Good evening everyone, and welcome to what is the fourth edition of your newspaper, Corinth Weekly.

This week we have two interviews. The first is with well known forumer Pythagorus of leading alliance Permanent Ban and the second is with Aman-Alvi of declining alliance Momento Mori, who have dropped to #23 after losing a number of cities to Protogenoi.

Is it fair to say that PB are running this world with next to no competition?

first off, thanks for the interview owen - it's my first time! (blush)
i wouldn't go quite as far as to say that there we are running the world, or that there is competition. i think we are the dominant alliance in the world, but we haven't even filled out one core ocean yet, so there is still a long way to go before anybody could say we are running the world. as for competition, competition will always emerge from somewhere :)

You have near to 200 members. Is the alliance at all disorganised?

we have good systems in place which have worked in large (100+ member) alliances before, so i'd say our level of organisation is fairly good. i do expect improvement in the future though, and there is room to improve.

Are there any alliances you see as real competition?

as competition to win the world? no, not yet. as competition in terms of making it difficult for us to take their cities, definitely. there are some very competent alliances for us to fight :)

How pleased are you with your progress so far?

very pleased indeed! i wasn't expecting such a strong showing in the beginning of the server to be honest. we had a lot of noobs to start with, but they have really taken the info in our guides and the advice of our veteran on board and i'm very pleased with the general level of competency at the moment. of course there is plenty of room for improvement, and i would expect some noobery in future from the inexperienced players (people tend to learn much better when they do it wrong for themselves once), but i think it's great to see some future big-hitters learning the trade :)

You have been losing cities to Protogenoi. Would you say this is a defeat?

Yes we have Lost cities to Protogenoi, But world is still young, we are not going anywere. Its a part of game, some days are good and some are bad. We were ecclusively pacted with proto, but after proto players get to conquest and MM has the 2nd best Alliance member average, they turn on their own Exclusive pact to grow for reason, no serious ally will do.

Why have your members been jumping ship?

Whenever war didnt go in your favor, their are always rats , saving their skin.

Will you and your alliance continue in this world?

Yes you will see MM for a long time.

In other news...

MM Leader See's Former Members as 'Rats'

image.php

Momento Mori have been losing cities in their war with Protogenoi and in my exclusive interview with their leader Aman-Alvi it became clear that he thought lowly of the many former MM members. The score in now Proto 4-0 MM and the leader of MM described the many former members as 'rats, saving their skin'. It is understandable that these players would want to leave MM after seeing Proto's dominance in the early stages of the war. They are now down to #23, and I will keep you updated on this war.

Permanent Ban Bossing ABP Rankings

image.php

Permanent Ban has continued to run away with Corinth's ABP standings. The remake of Xi's Project Venom is now up to 140k ABP, over 100k above #2 Protogenoi. They almost have more ABP than the 11 alliances below them combined. Protogenoi will make sure they try very hard indeed to catch up. I'll keep you updated.

These are this week's rankings:

gCd8K.png

HC5zn.png

That's all for this week guys, thanks for reading!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Excellent, 2 Problems, Maybe interview more people? I love reading this and I love the interviews. Also, Make it Longer, I mean it's such a pleasure to read!

DeletedUser

congrats on another interesting and easy to read issue!

Also, Make it Longer, I mean it's such a pleasure to read!
i find it a pleasure to read because it's nice and quick :)

on a side note, my typing is horrible :D
*no competition
*veterans
etc...
(am i allowed to rebuke my own grammar, i wonder
Skype-emoticons-12-wondering.png
)

DeletedUser

Excellent, 2 Problems, Maybe interview more people? I love reading this and I love the interviews. Also, Make it Longer, I mean it's such a pleasure to read!

It's quite tricky to make it much longer. I don't want it to become a massive long piece of writing, I want it to be snappy, quick, and with important pieces of info included.

Thanks for all the response guys :)

DeletedUser

It was meant more of a compliment :D.. But truly, I think, 1-2 More interviews I read it under 2 Minutes Because I'm a fast reader.

DeletedUser

The problem is, more interviews = less content for future publications.

DeletedUser

There are a lot of alliances out there so I don't think you're in danger of running out :), and plenty of Oceans that have never had any contact with PB, Proto, MM etc. I know the big alliances have the stats that make them exciting, but a story of intrigue from a smaller alliance can be just as fun to read. It's the backstabbing allies and desperate conquests that make a story interesting.

This isn't a criticism by the way Owen, as I think you write an excellent paper, it was more a response to chrss2182.

DeletedUser7213

There are a lot of alliances out there so I don't think you're in danger of running out :), and plenty of Oceans that have never had any contact with PB, Proto, MM etc. I know the big alliances have the stats that make them exciting, but a story of intrigue from a smaller alliance can be just as fun to read. It's the backstabbing allies and desperate conquests that make a story interesting.

Interesting. I believe Owen is already considering smaller alliances. Give him a chance, it's only issue 4, jeez.

Great job owen. ;)

DeletedUser

Good job owen as always, and tommy i'll interview you mate....

Q1. In which city do you keep your attack troops?

Q2. What time you off line, and till when?

Q3. Where do you get those cool shades from?

DeletedUser

lol that is the best set of interview questions ive ever seen!

DeletedUser

This must be the least revealing interview ever! You're doing it wrong Owen, stop invading peoples privacy! :Angry:

DeletedUser

jengo1's city...
I am offline when you are...
Justin Bieber collection at Macy's

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

awesome interview tommy, Owen we got an exclusive lets get in the next issue lol