Newspaper Corinth Weekly | Issue Seven

DeletedUser

Hello everyone, and welcome to what is the seventh issue of your weekly newspaper, Corinth Weekly, sponsored by NoobFind

As usual, we start this week's edition with the interview. This week, I bring you
three interviews. The first interview is with a member of leading alliance Permanent Ban, Studpuppy4427, the second is with Raptok of rim alliance Infernus Phoenix and the third is with iCyber, leader of [URL="http://www.grepostats.com/world/en27/alliance/7"]Permanent Ban.[/URL]

What's it like inside PB?

The atmosphere inside PB is excellent, we have alot of forum moderators so everything is always neat and tidy. The tabs are well organized so everyone knows where they should post certain information. The majority of players inside PB are very helpful when it comes to conquering cities or trading resources. We are expanding rapidly and that is thanks to our organization and great member base.

Would you say PB are dealing with Proto well?

There have been conquests on both sides. I believe PB could do better against Proto but at this stage in the game most of the members are still focused on their own expansion and building of armies so we dont have as much support as we need to conquer Proto cities. I do believe that in the end we will triumph against Proto because we are expanding more rapidly and we have a much larger member base.

Where do you see your alliance in 2 months?

In two months, i believe PB will still be dominating the BP and alliance ranks. Hopefully we will have our 3rd core ocean, O55, under control by then. We have been losing alot of good members to RL problems but we absorb their cities quickly and still continue to expand. I also believe that in two months we will completely dominate our two main oceans O44 and O45. I still see us battling proto but i guess only time will tell who wins that battle.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Why did you found Infernus Phoenix?

I founded Infernus Phoenix because after I got kicked out of LFN or First Fallen Nation (I'd like to think I contributed to them breaking up, I posted a poll against a point limit because I had more bp than pretty much anyone else in the alliance but had one of the lowest amounts of points) as they are now called (Did I mention I cleared a PB player :p, they're not in PB anymore though) I restarted and found no alliance that suited my criteria in 75 so made my own, AND WE'RE 4th, highest ranking ever in an ocean for an alliance I founded... although in Ephesus we're in Top 15 attackers and have 5 players... so this alliance is one of my most succesful :)

Are you pleased with your progress so far?

Yep I'm pleased, we have an active small close team of members all ready for conquest, and we have one of the highest average points in the ocean. So yea I'm pleased.

Which alliances, outside of PB and Proto, have impressed you so far?
Neither of the above have got much notice from me, pretty much because they're miles away. The alliances that have impressed me so far are The New Era and Varangian Guard for having a higher average points than us and being the most powerful and threatening in the Ocean. Sons of Anarchy also seem pretty good (but they colonised...)

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Where do you see your alliance in 2 months?

I hate to give favorable predictions and then find karma biting at me like..... so I'll give a more down to earth prediction :). Hopefully we can remain intact and at the top as we currently are, I'm hoping some of the smaller alliances fold by then with their bigger players joining us making us even better.

What are your thoughts on The Stand and Protogenoi?

The Stand having lost any cities yet so that alone is a positive sign, though nearly all their conquests have been from the noobs of noobs they left behind in Tartarus Rising, and their less then 10k average abps per day is below average. Not an alliance I consider a risk unless they drasitaclly improve.
Proto are more interesting though, they held together and kicked a large number of the deadweight since the start of the server (finally). The only rivals to PB that's for sure. The main problem I see with them and the main reason PB are better then Proto is that if nikossa leaves even for just a week on vmode, PB would steamroll through the rest of the alliance, if socrates or adek leave for a week, Proto definitly would not steamroll PB.

Are you pleased with your progress so far?

I definitly am pleased with the progress so far, especially since a lot of the alliance are made up of people who were fairly new to the game. I'd be happier with less conquest fails though, but that's expected with us focussing in every direction and having a massive spread across the oceans. Harder to focus on many alliances then just one alliance and so how well we're doing just shows how good we've been so far.

In other news...

Tartarus Rising Will Rise No More

image.php

Ocean 55 alliance Tartarus Rising have slipped down the ranks after their leaders became inactive. The alliance was at war with Permanent Ban but was thrown into chaos as the leaders deserted them. A few members left the alliance to form The Stand who are now in 8th place with over 50 former TR members. It could be said that this is a victory for PB, but The Stand continue the fight. Their leader claims to have had early success in defeating PB attacks, but admitted to have failed to land a CS in a PB harbour. The newly formed alliance are yet to lose a city, taking mostly TR cities. I'll keep you updated on the war in the Southeast of Corinth.

The Immortals- Not So Immortal

334_the_immortals_1262201087.jpg

THE IMMORTALS aren't immortal after all. Out of their 65 colonisations, 43 were losses. They continue to lose cities and places, now down to 15th. Snoops Troops and RP Global Ltd. launched a campaign to rid O56 of THE IMMORTALS and Troy a few weeks ago, and have been very successful. The leader of RP Global admits that it's not that much of a challenge but is glad of the experience for his alliance and their allies. This war was very one sided from the beginning, and it looks like very little resistance is being shown.

Permanent Ban: Running Away With It

image.php

#1 alliance Permanent Ban are continuing to run away with the points and ABP rankings. The remake of Xi's Project Venom are surging towards 3 million points, around 1.5 million ahead of the #2 alliance, Protogenoi. In the ABP rankings PB are again well ahead. They are at around 700k ABP, almost 500k ahead of Proto. If they continue like this, Corinth will be theirs, but no doubt other alliances will have something to say about that.

Corinth's Noob of The Week!

noob.jpg

This is the 3rd NOTW, who will be the noob over Christmas? Thank you for ALL the entries, but one really stood out. The noob of the week is Caristoles of Troy for his CS attack.

35lgjo1.jpg

Well done to him! He joins iCyber and B1gb1rd in the Hall of Noobs.

Please keep the nominations coming in!

That's all for this week guys, from me and everyone in The Detached, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

good job mate, happy with the update ;) was a hectic 48hour lol hey Icy mate for both sides.

well done Owen and merry Christmas to all... Think we all are gunna enjoy little rest bite, i know i will. Have a great Christmas guys and take some well earned rest bite. have a good one

DeletedUser345

You keep saying PB are a PV remake but I would just say, seriously it would be better for the alliance just to step out of PV's shadow and become feared alliance in your own right and make your own history. Also i would reiterate hardly any of the Pv line-up is in PB so there not a remake.

DeletedUser

You keep saying PB are a PV remake but I would just say, seriously it would be better for the alliance just to step out of PV's shadow and become feared alliance in your own right and make your own history. Also i would reiterate hardly any of the Pv line-up is in PB so there not a remake.

I'd argue that they are given the fact they recruited using PB stats, and they have the same leaders.

Anyway, that is the general consensus. I felt it right to use it in my newspaper. I look forward to the PB leadership speaking about it :p

DeletedUser15240

I'd argue that they are given the fact they recruited using PB stats, and they have the same leaders.

Anyway, that is the general consensus. I felt it right to use it in my newspaper. I look forward to the PB leadership speaking about it :p

Acutally their not the same leaders. iCyber was never a leader in PV, only council :p, also soc and milly didn't start as leaders/founders. Pyth was the recruiter, but the founder was dai

DeletedUser14937

Acutally their not the same leaders. iCyber was never a leader in PV, only council :p

I wasn't even council :D I was a lowly but well loved member ;) only during the extremely late stages about a few weeks before we all went bye bye did I actually become council :p