Corinth Weekly | Issue Three

DeletedUser

Good evening, and welcome to the third issue of your newspaper, Corinth Weekly.

This week, I've secured two interviews. I'm afraid I haven't been able to secure an interview with a member of an alliance, but I will try hard to get one of those in next week's edition. Our first interview is with dontHate of Tartarus Rising, an alliance that has thrived upon the failure of Last Fallen Nation. Our second interview is with Nickossa of Protogenoi, widely recognised as one of Corinth's most respected alliances.

Why did you found Tartarus Rising?

It's funny that you should ask me this question Owen, because we both know the answer to it, and we both know that it isn't something that I am going to make public. Nevertheless, I founded Tartarus Rising 2 or 3 days into the Corinth's opening, with the general goal of building a small group of players with a lot of organisation, dedication and ability. My initial expectations, I'll admit, weren't that great, but as you can see, we have grown far beyond that.

Of course, much of the growth has been the result of the collapse of both The Olympians and Last Fallen Nation, which we simply capitalized on. As such, we have come to be far larger than I anticipated. I am, however, still confident in my ability to lead such a large alliance, and to do it well.

Who do you see controlling O55 in a month?

In a month a lot can happen. We have already seen several alliances rise and fall in the time that has already past, mostly as a result of backstabbing and betrayal. But because of this, control over Ocean 55 has changed hands several times.

I think the key thing now is that most of the weaker, disorganized alliances have been removed from Corinth, and we will now most likely see several alliances take hold and get ready for war. I definitely see Permanent Ban being there, and I see my own alliance, Tartarus Rising, being here for a little while longer at least. There will also be several, smaller alliances who take it upon themselves to become involved in the Ocean. Protogenoi, however, is going to be limited in their influence because of their player ceiling and because of the huge amount of alliances already present in the Ocean.

Oceans 45 and 44 are claimed by Permanent Ban, and Ocean 54 is owned by Protogenoi. This is the last Ocean that is up for grabs, and the outcome, I think, will determine who controls Corinth.

I'm sorry Nickossa, but a 3 Ocean PB up against your 1 Ocean Protogenoi? Game over.

What are your thoughts on PB?

I think that every alliance leader will have the same answer to this question. Worded differently, yes, but the underlying meaning will be the same.

They are, obviously, a threat. That they have now gained a strong membership in the north-west of Ocean 55 isn't something that any alliance here wants. Yet we persevere. Perhaps the biggest worry is that Demonot and Moctezuma III, two very good and reputable players, completely failed in holding them off. Since then, I have been told that whilst they are good players, they aren't very good leaders. That of course, has nothing to do with my own opinion. It is simply what ex-Last Fallen Nation members have told me (so there is no need to come hunt me down Demon :) ).

In speaking with the leaders of a couple of other alliances in the ocean, one thing became very clear to me. I won't point it out here for security reasons, but things are definitely happening in Ocean 55.

What do you think makes a good alliance?

A good alliance, needs good active members that are able to communicate efficiently and are are committed to the task at hand. It needs to have structure and Simplicity in its design and be able to rapidly adapt to its surrounding, but this is all irrelevant if your alliance members are not able to work as a team, team work is key.

Which Corinth alliance has impressed you best so far?

To be honest, i think alot of alliances are doing the right things but the experience is prevailing, making some alliances more efficient than others. PB have my vote because they have shown that they have experience and the structure so far to grow, but time will only tell how far this will take them.

Are there any up and coming alliances you believe will soon be successful?

Tartarus Rising look pretty good, i like there name aswell because Tartarus is where i was born, well I am the Chaotic Beast of Tartarus. They should do well.

That's all this week's interviews! Thanks to all the interviewees and if you'd like to be interviewed then contact me here or ingame.

In other news...

Corinth's First Fallen Nation

We are gathered here to witness the passing of Last Fallen Nation. Stories of chaotic forums and moaning members have been circulating, but something obviously went badly wrong. For 3 days, LFN topped Corinth's leaderboard, but it seems it wasn't to be. LFN have reformed, claiming to be the true elite of Corinth. This will be disputed by some, and it will be very interesting to see where they go. I'll keep you updated!

Tartarus Rising Storm to Third

Ocean 55 alliance Tartarus Rising have stormed to #3 after the collapse of Last Fallen Nation. The alliance, who were formed later than most core alliances, are also ranked 3rd in ABP and 1st in Ocean 55. They'll be hoping to continue their impressive growth. For more about this alliance, see dontHate's interview above.

Here are this week's rankings:

cDzWu.png

jfvrY.png

That's all for this week guys. You can expect the fourth issue sometime next week. Thanks for reading!

DeletedUser

keep it up owen, would be great to have this paper around in corinth for the duration of the world! most papers die out pretty soon, but your simple yet entertaining paper has potential to last :) especially since it's privately run :p

DeletedUser7213

keep it up owen, would be great to have this paper around in corinth for the duration of the world! most papers die out pretty soon, but your simple yet entertaining paper has potential to last :) especially since it's privately run :p

He's like Rupert. :D

*Scandal*