Creative Writing Competition #17!

DeletedUser8396

Hey Everyone!

Welcome back! I'm looking forward to this topic, as it is a bit different. The October's Competition's topic is: Hope or Redemption! I'm looking forward to reading your stories/poems on inspiration and determination in the next few days!
__________________________________​

General Rules:

Only one entry may be submitted per user.
Writing may be in any format, and there is no word limit.
Plagiarism is strictly prohibited.
Entries must be submitted to me, in private. Please do so via private message or Skype.
Authors must remain anonymous until the voting stage is complete.
Advertisement of specific pieces or vote rigging of any nature is prohibited.

Disqualifications:

Plagiarism will result in disqualification from the current competition, but you will be able to participate in the following months. Second offences will result in disqualification from all future competitions.
Advertising will result in disqualification of the current competition and permanent disqualification upon second offences.
Vote rigging will result in an instant ban from the current and all future competitions, without exception.
Please note that this is not exhaustive and I reserve the right to exercise my discretion where it is appropriate.

The System:

Users have fourteen days to submit their entries to me. If there are too few entries - the competition will not go ahead with under three submissions - I will extend this period at my discretion. You will be informed in this case.
Once the submission phase is over, the entries will be put up for public voting. They will remain anonymous until the voting period is over! In the case of a tie, this period will either be extended or a new poll will be made, consisting of the tied entries only.

Rewards:

For first place:

I will personally create a congratulatory thread for you to flaunt!
200 gold will be arranged for transferal to an account of your choice! I will PM you regarding this.
And you will also receive the muse title for ONE MONTH:
Musecopy.png

And for second place:
You will now receive the scholar title for one month:
Scholarcopy.png

The Schedule:

Competition begins: Now!
Voting Begins: 10/25/14
Result Announcement: 10/28/14

Show me what you've got guys!​

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8396

So, who all is planning on entering? We need you! Don't deny the world a potentially amazing piece!

Varun

Strategos
I sent mine.

Are we supposed to send specifically a story?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8396

Was going to make the announcement tonight, but now seems opportune. This month has been cancelled due to lack of entries. My apologies for those that entered.

DeletedUser44426

I would have gone for a Halloween theme...but whatever floats your boat.

DeletedUser

Halloween is dull and generic. Besides, we did that last year.

DeletedUser

Given the obvious lack of interest. This activity should be discontinued. It was really was an irrelevant distraction from the game anyway. I personally always start to feel concerned when the Off Topic section of any forum becomes over worked. I mean - "what are they up to in there anyway?"

DeletedUser29066

Given the obvious lack of interest. This activity should be discontinued.

I agree the lack of participation makes the frequency of the competition seem excessive, but I would recommend limiting it to once every 6 months rather than discontinuing it altogether.

It was really was an irrelevant distraction from the game anyway.

Nope

I mean - "what are they up to in there anyway?"

Nunya

DeletedUser8396

I agree the lack of participation makes the frequency of the competition seem excessive, but I would recommend limiting it to once every 6 months rather than discontinuing it altogether.

Nope

Nunya

Already planned on discontinuing it - entirely. I will take into consideration making it a 3 month or 6 month competition instead. But I agree, the activity is too low to constitute the monthly continuance of this competition.