Inactive Topic Cross City Farm Expansion

DeletedUser8396

Proposal: To allow City B to send resources to expand City A's farm(s)

Lists: I didnt check.

Reason: It just makes sense.

Details: Fairly simple. City B and City A are on different islands. City B wants to expand City A's farm(s). City B clicks on City A's farms and expands it.

*optional* Wasnt sure to put this in or not, so Ill see how it goes: If it is cross island (what this idea is suggesting), then you must use the marketplace.

Similar to how you expand the WW's. You send whatever you want, until you reach your maximum trade capacity.

Abuse/Balance/Visual Aid: N/A

Summary: Read Proposal

Slight thanks to Phoenixavier for bringing this to light in another thread of mine.

DeletedUser

I'm not a big fan of this idea. However it would cut the middle man out of sending res to your other city, and then onto the farms.

Heck, why not, I'm in.

DeletedUser11965

No for me, when you get like 100 cities, you'll be upgrading every farm to 6 in less than a day.

DeletedUser

I like the idea. It would also make it easier to help players in your alliance that isnt on your island. If its not hard to program, I think there should be a delay in the resources reaching that farm, depending on the distance. It would avoid players upgrading their front islands with their back quickly. However, as a software engineer myself, I could understand if the backend maybe time-expensive to add in the delay.

DeletedUser8396

No for me, when you get like 100 cities, you'll be upgrading every farm to 6 in less than a day.

By the time you would get 100 cities, mostly all the farms where you would have a city would BE level 6.

THis idea only does, basically what kanga said. cut the middle man.

DeletedUser11965

A pebble, here's a suggestion, how about like a time limit? Within a certain range?

DeletedUser18132

Sure, why not? If you can trade across islands, I'm guessing you should be able to do this too.

DeletedUser

yeah it only makes sense that this should have been possible a lot sooner

DeletedUser

The problem with this idea is that the same window that allows you to expand a farm has tabs for demanding, looting, and even training units. Barring the possibility you meant a separate system is implemented where you can do this, what this means in practice if we use the current system is that Island A can recruit units and gain resources from Island B without any physical means of either getting there. :p

DeletedUser

I think he means that any village thats not available from the city you are on (eg: on another island or not a conquored village) would only show the "INFO" (Expansion of ...) page. The others would be grayed out (cant click on them) or hidden (cant see them).