CS, Attack / Support query

DeletedUser

Hi all, I'm a little unclear about when to attack and when to support for a CS.

Obviously I send an attack first.
Next off goes the CS a few mins later.
Here's my dilemma, do I have to wait until the CS lands before I can click the city and click support?

If I send support to the city before my CS lands, am I supporting the person I'm trying to attack?

Can I send an attack, 5 mins later a CS, then 5 mins later support?

DeletedUser

Hi there, welcome to the forums :)

I take it that you are playing a conquest world then? (Always good to sort that out first!)

You can send your attacks and supports in any order that you like, it is the order in which they arrive that matters.

Say i have 3 cities.
One is 1 hour away (by Slow transport)- Always send LS with attacks though, i have said by slow transport as they are slower then the LS)
One is 3 hours away (by Colony ship)
one is 45 minutes away (by bireme)

You would want to send your CS FIRST as it takes the longest to arrive.
Wait for it to get to just under 60 minutes away and then launch your clearing attacks (I say just under 60 minutes to make sure that the anti-times doesn't mess up the order of the attacks- sometimes it can arrive up to 30 seconds before or after is says it will).
Then wait for them all to get to just under 45 minutes and then send your bireme support.

Assuming that you have already been attacking the city and there are very few soldiers in the city (and it is not being supported) what will happen is that your clearing attack will land, then seconds later the CS and then seconds later the support. :)

If you land support in the city before your CS lands then it will defend the city and probably destroy your CS.

You do not have to wait for the CS to land before sending the support though.

Always send multiple clearing attacks if pos (get alliance mates to help), make sure everyone is on the same time zones. Provide them with the time of arrive (to the second). Timing is very important in this game. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If you send support to the city before your CS lands then it will defend the city and probably destroy your CS.

You do not have to wait for it to land before sending the CS though.

Thanks for the welcome but I'm still confused, isn't this a contradiction? When you say 'send support' do you mean the support landing?

Obviously I'm not going to have my support 'land' before my CS, but is it ok to 'send' it before my CS lands?

DeletedUser

Ok, sorry, yes...

What i meant was- If it lands before, then it will defend against the CS.

You can send it when ever you like! You could send it from 20 hours away, as long as it arrives after your CS, it is fine. :)

Though, if the person you are attacking sees that you are also supporting the city, it makes it easier for them to find out which one of your attacks is the CS and so they can snipe it.

I have edited my other post to make it slightly clearer.

DeletedUser

Thanks, that was pretty helpful, as I gear up to create a CS on each of the Hyperboreas.

DeletedUser

Thanks, that was pretty helpful, as I gear up to create a CS on each of the Hyperboreas.
That's the colonize only world isn't it?
With that, you just send the CS... No attacks or support needed. :)

DeletedUser

Well, if it's a ghost city, I'd need to attack first. Support, maybe not so much, unless someone else was also attacking it, I guess.

DeletedUser27700

That is correct. You would follow the same rules that Thomas laid out.

May be good practice for you too :)