D&D

DeletedUser

Debate of the week:-​

well since we have seen a thread about this lets discuss more about it.. it will be fun and enlightening too..

so some general rules i hope every body will follow here:-

1. All forum rules.
2. Please put up your points if you have proof about it.
3. Please control your emotions and have a fun and healthy discussion
4. No calling of names.. (if you want to site a certain player please use it like a friend of mine form X alliance)..

so i hope we will have good fun here..

This Week Topic is :-

Should vacation mode be allowed and Do u thing vac mode can be accepted as strategy.

DISCLAIMER:- the reason for not including this in general discussion as this will be more game related.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Vacation modes should be strictly used for vacation purposes. acceptable reasons for VMs

1) Busy Work week
2) Traveling out of country
3) Family Timeout
4) Emergencies (Health, Family)

Unacceptable reasons
1) Too many incoming and i am activating VM as a strategy (Bull) (When you are under heavy attack and you do not activate VM it shows fearlessness and enemy appreciates the endurance and backsoff Notable examples (Aksak Timur, Myself))
2) Getting bolted / EQ a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I guess if a person has no self respect they can use VM as a strategy, personally I'd rather lose everything than be considered a chicken. However VM is there to be used and is not the worst strategy somebody can use, there are lower forms of people who play this game. People who use multiple ISP to run different accounts for example, just because you find away around the rules doesn't mean your not cheating. So yes VM should be allowed and yes it can be considered a tactic in my book.

DeletedUser

"Should vacation mode be allowed and Do u thing vac mode can be accepted as strategy."

In my humble opinion, vm should be allowed for we all need a break sometime in our busy lives. Some players have worked countless hours to get thier empire situated the way they wanted to and to not afford them the luxury of calling "time-out" is just wrong. As I have been playing this game for a while now, it has become part of my life-style. It is something I llok forward to when my down-time allows me to play; which is about every 30 minutes thanks to evo and party. LOL.

As always I will straightforward and to the point in this matter, VM serves a vital strategic purpose in the game. Sure we can all call it whatever we want, but the fact that it can prevent cities from being taken is all the reason to use it. I for one will use it when I have the chance but I enjoy the BP's I get from all the defending I do. So the likely-hood of me using VM as a stratedy might be slim to none, but I will not disregard it all together. Part of being a warrior is to utilize all advantages and oppurtunities whenever possible but also maintain dignity while at it.

DeletedUser

In my opinion, this can be viewed 2 ways.

If you look at this from an inside the game viewpoint, Vacation Mode is cheap and cowardly. If we are to make this seem like a realistic war game, then it doesn't make sense for Vacation Mode to exist. I mean Hector couldn't call a timeout when he was supposed to fight Achilles because he had to go to his wife's sister's baby shower. If you are unprepared to fight a battle, then you are unworthy to keep your city.

From a real world point of view, we need to keep in mind that this is just a game. On a computer. That exists virtually. There is no real fear that our cities will be pillaged and our women will be raped and enslaved. You can't always be online. If your real city were being attacked in real life while you were skiing in the Alps, you'd hear about it and cut your vacation short. I'm damn sure not going to do that with a game. I'll hit VM and enjoy my vacation.

When using it as a tactic to deter an offensive push from an opposing alliance, VM is again cheap and cowardly when seen by the alliance making that offensive push. When a number of high ranking targets hit the "chicken button" as it's been called elsewhere it makes you wonder about the caliber of enemy that you have been fighting. I understand one player being under siege, fighting off attack after attack, becoming fatigued then going VM. But when one target hits VM then the next target becomes afraid and decides they want no part of being targeted so they hit VM, then the next and the next target do the same, it takes the spirit out of the game which isn't right. On the other hand, when viewed by the person or persons using it as a tactic to confuse and frustrate their enemies, it's genius. Why not foil the plans of your enemies who have put time and effort into preparing for an operation if you are able to? Confidence and morale are a huge part of this game and if you can take steps towards harming the confidence or morale of your opponents, then you would be stupid not to take that advantage.

Overall my opinion is biased. I think taking VM when you are under attack shows weakness, and those who use it should be branded with a scarlet VM on their foreheads. On that note, I think I have an incoming attack now so I better go hit the button so that my city doesn't get taken.

DeletedUser

LoL....evic your post remind me of my good friend MR. CB. kinda missed reading his posts but yours will do.

You do bring up a good point about the game being realistic. Nice comparison with hector and achilles, but then again you pointed it out that is in fact a game and should be treated as such. I believe that the vm button is there to perhaps act as to counter balance reality versus grepolis. Which in turn would probably be treated as a realistic wargame given the copensation of a having the vm button at one's disposal.

I like to keep my opinion unbiased as this is an external forum for all to publicly point out their views in a respectable manner as much as possible.

DeletedUser

VM is both a tool and a weakness, sure hitting VM may save a city today, but all your enemies are rebuilding, and you gain nothing, In the long run unless your alliance rallies around you upon a planned return date VM only weakens your defenses.