Defend to weak

DeletedUser21671

O.K. let's debate.

I did simulation where both die equally.

It show 6 biremes, vs 5 light ship.

Defense value on biremes equal 960
Attack value on Light ship equal 1000

Price per defense = 10.5 resource per
Price per Attack = 12 per resource.
Total different = 1.5

Time per defense = 1 defense per min
Time per Attack = 1.2 attack per min
Total diffrent = 0.2

Your right defense has advantage, but just slightly barley unnoticeable.

It still proof that defense need to improve it still way to weak for an Open PVP game. Player should have more defense Player shouldn't have to be overwhelm in order to try to survive because Attack is so close match to Defense.

I still believe defense need to improve this is just a tiny fraction that Defense are better than Attack, and I am telling you my stress, my headache, my worry, and my paranoid shouldn't have to be involve playing this game. This game is suppose to be fun, and if player are active playing the game they should not have to lose there game because defense isn't good enough, and attack are very close match to defense.

My Math says it all you can debate all you want, but let's be honest do grepo want to make it too easy for player to lose city? Do grepo want player have to start over even the most active player? This is what going on the player that does the attack has more advantage than the player that are just trying to survive, and the player that are trying to survive are risking to start over.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser21671

Although naval defense is really no use in stopping an attack if the attacker is going for your land troops. As rooster has show...anyways yes if you had no wall and you put an equal amount of slings and hops against an equal amount of swords and archers you'd lose, but with the wall that's so a different story.

I've done land, and wall before it worthless... I've survive using ships it's save my city more than Land...

I've had 50 member I order everybody to build land army, then when I was under attack I had over 5,000 land army to defend they manage to wipe me out clean, and I counted 60 Light ship.

If I order everybody to build biremes I would have survive, but I did not survive because I decide to do Land, and Land has failed me.

To this day since I start to trust Ships I haven't lost city yet, but I am looking forward to loosing my city pretty soon.

DeletedUser

O.K. let's debate.

I did simulation where both die equally.

It show 6 biremes, vs 5 light ship.

Defense value on biremes equal 960
Attack value on Light ship equal 1000

Price per defense = 10.5 resource per
Price per Attack = 12 per resource.
Total different = 1.5

Total diffrent = 0.2

Your right defense has advantage, but just slightly barley unnoticeable.

It still proof that defense need to improve it still way to weak for an Open PVP game. Player should have more defense Player shouldn't have to be overwhelm in order to try to survive because Attack is so close match to Defense.

I still believe defense need to improve this is just a tiny fraction that Defense are better than Attack, and I am telling you my stress, my headache, my worry, and my paranoid shouldn't have to be involve playing this game. This game is suppose to be fun, and if player are active playing the game they should not have to lose there game because defense isn't good enough, and attack are very close match to defense.

My Math says it all you can debate all you want, but let's be honest do grepo want to make it too easy for player to lose city? Do grepo want player have to start over even the most active player? This is what going on the player that does the attack has more advantage than the player that are just trying to survive, and the player that are trying to survive are risking to start over.

Good stats, try factoring that per population as well.

DeletedUser

I've done land, and wall before it worthless... I've survive using ships it's save my city more than Land...

I've had 50 member I order everybody to build land army, then when I was under attack I had over 5,000 land army to defend they manage to wipe me out clean, and I counted 60 Light ship.

If I order everybody to build biremes I would have survive, but I did not survive because I decide to do Land, and Land has failed me.

To this day since I start to trust Ships I haven't lost city yet, but I am looking forward to loosing my city pretty soon.

Okay, recently we talked about how many biremes it took to kill um 46? TS and it was about 1,500 bireme. Now if just one TS gets through, the land assault begins. And 1500 bireme is alot for one city. Plus this attack was the biggest attack there has been so if they sent more TS for more troops it would take more biremes. 1000 swords and 500 archers plus 20 wall against 1500 hops and 1000 slingers it's about: -750 swords and -395 archers so that's pretty good..

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser21671

Good stats, try factoring that per population as well.

O.K.

6 biremes = 48 population
5 light ship = 50 population
Total different = 2

It still too weak... Defense need to be stronger like maby 10%, or 20% my stats show that defense are less than 2% overall.

Even if it 5% it still better than 2%...

Price per resource bireme = 10.5 resource per
Price per resoruce lightship = 12 per resource.
Total different = 1.5

Total diffrent = 0.2

Total different = 2

Resource cost = 1.5
Time to build = 0.2
Population = 2

o.K. the number is astonishing small if you add the total number then avg them that is 3.7 total then avg is 1.2%

My math shows that defense is 1.2% better than attack that is still to weak... We need to improve them to 10%, or maby 20% perhaps.

This is an Open PVP game player should be liable to defend but this just to show you that player isn't liable.

DeletedUser

O.K.

Total different = 2

It still too weak... Defense need to be stronger like maby 10%, or 20% my stats show that defense are less than 2% overall.

Even if it 5% it still better than 2%...

Price per resource bireme = 10.5 resource per
Price per resoruce lightship = 12 per resource.
Total different = 1.5

Total diffrent = 0.2

Total different = 2

Resource cost = 1.5
Time to build = 0.2
Population = 2

o.K. the number is astonishing small if you add the total number then avg them that is 3.7 total then avg is 1.2%

My math shows that defense is 1.2% better than attack that is still to weak... We need to improve them to 10%, or maby 20% perhaps.

This is an Open PVP game player should be liable to defend but this just to show you that player isn't liable.
I understand what your saying but here's the problem. This game is suppose to be like total fighting and action. It's not suppose to be a turtle rally. If you up the defense it just makes it worse. Harder to defeat turtle. It would've be fun if you could never win offensively now would it? You might think this wouldn't affective it that much, just balance. But trust me, this would seriously affect it..You've been waaarned *lorax point*

DeletedUser27700

Interesting.
However, you are looking at this on an extremely small scale. Nobody ever defends with 6 Biremes, or attacks with 5 Light ships, not even on their first city.
Try again with 1 full cities worth of troops, and you will see the advantage for defense become magnified.

In my opinion, the advantage to defense is more than enough. Let me give you an example. I recently hit and cleared 148 Biremes out of a city, at a good BP ratio. I gained around 500 BP more than the defender.
However, I then went to clear the land, and the player came online and stacked 800 Biremes before my attack landed. He scored over 3000 BP by sinking my LS and transports, and I got around 500.

If you gave the defender a 10 or 20% advantage, it would mean the end of city taking. It would become very easy to defend your city, much too easy in my opinion.

About the wall, it is much more efficient than even BR vs LS.
A good amount of Land def troops (Swords, archers) behind a high wall (20 or higher) will have a big advantage. Much greater than Naval battles.

DeletedUser21671

This alone just prove that I am right.

Maby this game is made to lose when I want a city I have never have problem.

So this game is like nature scorpion vs spider whoever strike first win.

O.K. I guess the favor goes to the attacker they do not care if the active player has work so hard to stay alive, spend real life money, or even to turtle.

It sad that player cannot sim, or even defend themself they must play aggressive they must keep up with there competitor.

I am a very competitive player it sickening how competitive I am if you work as hard as I work, and lost what I have lost you would rage quit, and hate this game you'll never play grepo again.

I have already ask somebody to take my city I have already declare quitting becuase it just too competitive, too intense, too hard, too much time consuming it stupid, and pointless. I have play this game non stop farming inactive city so I can build biremes to save myself, but I have no chance because I have join 10 alliance they all kick me out, and they sold me out to other alliance for pacts so I have to depend on 20 player vs 100, and what do we have to do we have to work harder than our enemy because our enemy has more advantage than we do.

I may have to quit this game because there nobody else that will accept me to join there alliance. I am in a small group of alliance of 20 player they will not recruit they will not expand they are not planning to have that alliance permanently they plan to merge, but I already join 15 alliance nobody want me, and I can't find a stable secure place for me to benefit from.

I guess I am screwed I can't save my city, I can't save myself because grepo prevent player from that.

I guess I have to raise my white flag, and say grepo win, and give my city away it no point fighting 20 vs 100.

DeletedUser27700

I think you would be much better off in Hyperborea.
You wont have to worry about people taking your cities from you, and there wont be all this stress on you.

I would recommend trying that world.

DeletedUser21671

I think you would be much better off in Hyperborea.
You wont have to worry about people taking your cities from you, and there wont be all this stress on you.

I would recommend trying that world.

Or maby you could take my advice it much easier than player have to start over.

In fact I've play grepo too long I learn that it's imbalance, and unfair so I won't start over it not worth it, and it's for sucker.

I'm done playing this game I'll play, but after this I ain't coming back offense win the favor it not a smart game to play you can't win it not a game if you cannot win it's a gamble. I've send 40 bucks what good does it do all it did was create more headache, worry, and paranoia.

This game suck my life away I can't enjoy life, and neither can I enjoy the game. I've seen 60 year old man nearly get a heart attack he had 100 city somebody attack him 6 o clock in the morning. His alarm went off from his email he panic, and went crazy it just to tell you how ridiculous intense this game is, and it ain't healthy at all to play them.

It retarding! It's imbalance! It's flawed! I just prove it to you! You know I am right! You know I ain't wrong! You agree with me, and even admit that I am right!

That why I want to blow a whistle I think we need to get this higher up, and let people understand that this game is imbalance. It's hurting the player, it's hurting the competitive player, it hurting player that have life, it hurting pretty much everybody. In order to success you need luck alot of luck. The luck you need is compare to winning the low level lottery to make a different. I am a good player, but my luck hasn't show up. Even one of the best player still lose the game that me! I join 15 alliance, I've made over 500 biremes, I've made player fail to take my city 3 time they put me in revolt 3 time, they attack me with 800 light ship, I've sunk 3 of there Colony Ship, and I am still alive, but at what cost? Sleep deprivation, mass panic, constant attention, constant buildeing, constant begging, constant mass mailing for refuges, constant finding an alliance to accept me, spending 40 dollar real life USA money, cutting bireme production in half, joining a small alliance that doesn't speak English, nor will they recruit.

Now tell me is this worth playing? What kind of game is this?

DeletedUser

O.K. I guess the favor goes to the attacker they do not care if the active player has work so hard to stay alive, spend real life money, or even to turtle.
Your opinion, I think 75+% of players on Grep would agree that the bias is towards defense not offence!

It sad that player cannot sim, or even defend themself they must play aggressive they must keep up with there competitor.
Its a WAR GAME not a Sim game, plenty of sim games out there that dont require the time Grep requires.
They dont need to keep up they just need to keep the city stacked with land D andf the wall up.(fullstop)

I am a very competitive player it sickening how competitive I am if you work as hard as I work, and lost what I have lost you would rage quit, and hate this game you'll never play grepo again.
Maybe best to leave the server and try another, your gold will transfer to the next world.
If the stress of loosing a city continues Hyperborea, as many have mentioned.

DeletedUser

It retarding! It's imbalance! It's flawed! I just prove it to you! You know I am right! You know I ain't wrong! You agree with me, and even admit that I am right!
Maybe I missed it but I didnt seen anyone agree that its unbalanced to the offender other than yourself?!?

DeletedUser21671

Your opinion, I think 75+% of players on Grep would agree that the bias is towards defense not offence!

Its a WAR GAME not a Sim game, plenty of sim games out there that dont require the time Grep requires.
They dont need to keep up they just need to keep the city stacked with land D andf the wall up.(fullstop)

Maybe best to leave the server and try another, your gold will transfer to the next world.
If the stress of loosing a city continues Hyperborea, as many have mentioned.

See I rest my case!

Can we get this resolve that defense is too weak, and attack has advantage...

Why should player have to over work so hard in order to survive why should we make ourselves miserable?

Everybody just admit that defense is way to weak! Can't you just say that I am right, and try to fix this game so people don't have to make themselves so miserable!

DeletedUser

No one is agreeing with you, so you must assume you are wrong. People have been playing here for 3+ years, some even much longer, and NONE of us have had any issues with offence being to strong! I admire your fight, but in this battle, i doubt many will side with you.

I admire your fight however, good to see :)

DeletedUser

See I rest my case!

Can we get this resolve that defense is too weak, and attack has advantage...

Why should player have to over work so hard in order to survive why should we make ourselves miserable?

Everybody just admit that defense is way to weak! Can't you just say that I am right, and try to fix this game so people don't have to make themselves so miserable!
Okay, if defense was upped, we'd just have turtles all over. It'd be like sea turtle eggs hatching with no sea gulls to pick them off. The game would become increasingly dull and boring, and nobody wants that. Sure, I'll admit, the game is flawed in some ways, but weak defense isn't the problem. I find this funny in a way. Most people complain about too much defense and not enough action...this is the first weak defense complaint I've seen, at least since awhile ago..

DeletedUser21671

Your wrong everybody agreeing with me that we shouldn't turtle, we shouldn't sim, and defense shouldn't be having an advantage.

Everybody is agreeing that attack has more advantage than defense.

Everybody agree that this is a war game, and everybody is made to lose.

Everybody agree that player shouldn't have any peace, and they should panic with fear, and terror that nobody can defend themselves!

I lost a friend yesterday, and I am still fighting a loosing battle that they haven't won yet, but I'll keep on fighting I don't know how much more tolerate I am capable of.

I am pleading with everybody that this game from a scale of 1 to 10 intense rating is a 10 they need to balance the game where it won't be so intense. I can fight, and continue to win the war, but is it normal for a player having to play this hard? Is this exactly what grepo wanted massive competition, massive stress, and burden?

I'm just trying to prove to y'all that it can be done, but it shouldn't have to be this difficult. I don't think it's that necessary for player having to work this hard in order to survive, but I hope y'all will consider other player lives, and not make them have any more burden than necessary.

I'm a competitive player in fact probly in top world 100 every game I have played I've reach to the top 3, and countless time I have reach to be number 1. I'm fighting 20 vs 100, and still live I ain't dead yet, my game ain't over yet the war ain't over eiather! I am making 40 biremes a day in 10 days I will have 400 it just how competitive I am so far they haven't attack me in 4 days so I have a total of 160 biremes so each day I live will increase a pain for the enemy, but when they strike they will knock everything out, and that when I get pain like a dump truck hit me, and at the same time my enemy get hit by a dump truck too, but you gotta understand this is me! I am Opy one of the top competitive player in the world! I am fighting 20 vs 200 it's an entire Ocean vs me, and the world!

I'm making biremes because I know that if I make attack it's pointless they want me out they are after me they are dying to get rid of me! I know they are off that they failed to take me, and they are rebuilden as we are speaking they are planning as I am speaking they are going to retaliate they lost 3 colony ship, they lost over 800 light ship they are off, and they want to take me out!

Now I am making this post saying Grepo! I found a major flaw that is overwork! Can you fix this so I do not have to work so hard!

DeletedUser

But you have to work hard! We never said offensive has the advantage! We certainly never said to panic! :pro:

DeletedUser21671

But you have to work hard! We never said offensive has the advantage! We certainly never said to panic! :pro:

O.K. all I see is 1 or two player involve this discussion...

If I want to take this matter serious how may I do that?

I feel that this need serious attention can you tell me how I can bring this attention to somebody that pay attention to this kind of thing?

An opinion from 1 or 2 player isn't enough you just said But you have to work hard! I disagree with that it not fair playing vs player that live in there parent basement, or security guard that has access to internet during work. You forgot that people have lives they have job, and they can't spend all day on grepolis.

DeletedUser21671

O.K. I quit I'm going to give my alliance my city I enjoy this game, but it has too much flaw if you guys want to use this to help improve your game then go for it.

I've play this game 1.5 year now I am done I had a good 1.5 year. I've giving everybody hell I guess I've done enough, and I can retire.

Feel free to use this discussion maby it will help you improve the game hopefully.

DeletedUser

All i am saying is, isn't a sign of a good game that people are spending so much tie playing it?
It is your choice how long you play the game for. If you are finding that your RL is suffering as a result of this game, is that the game's fault or your own?