Defensive builds--But why

• Thread starter DeletedUser1405
  • Start date

DeletedUser

Using your militia and dodging your army, along with spending your resources will make sure you don't get raided often, because the raider won't gain resources, or BP's.

DeletedUser

If you can play 24/7, sure! But there are players across different time zones. Can YOU dodge them all? Besides, why use militia when you're dodging? I see no point in pointlessly handicapping your own productivity for a battle you never intended to fight.

Just my thoughts

DeletedUser

Militia when used with a high level farm (it caps at 25) and a high level wall will kill a lot of the attacker's troops with out any losses except for the lost production. Think of it as free battle points.

The main problem with Mike's suggestion is the weakness against a sharp attack. Setting aside a village nearby with a lot of archers that can be moved in to repel an attack might work well.

DeletedUser

Yeah...... that would be nice, especially since I'll have to dodge rezzies anyway, might as well lower the production as well ^^

Thanks Priscilla, I never knew that about militia.

DeletedUser

I want to put this out there for everyone to discuss. Most of us have a large offensive army and personally i dont see the point of wasting population on defensive troops, im online a lot and when attacked tend to dodge, before everyone gets on their high horse and says an attack may be missed, read on.

What im putting forward is that Hoppies and horses mixed with a few chariots are a great defence and can be used for offence as well.

Im not saying dont build Biremes to defend your polis they should always be built, im questioning the reasoning behind building masses of swords and archers when the population can be used better.

I'll let you know how I do it.

One city is my defence city - all my defence troops sit there until called for to defend another of my cities - a pure defence city can defend many cities not just itself especially if they are close the trick is having enough transports for your troops. :p

DeletedUser

Defending a CS simply must include defensive ground units of varying strengths because of harpies, manticores, and breakthrough attacks. If you have offensive units only in the city then they will fall to any decent alliance or even a single player if that person is well-equipped.

The vast majority of my cities are certainly either offensive, CS, or brims, but it is necessary to designate a "siege support" classification.

Also, there is bp to be had by stacking defensive troops in a new city deep in enemy territory, and we all know that bp means growth.

DeletedUser

Treachery, a thread from 2010.....you win!

NecroPostToe_zps3e3a2682.jpg

Last week's winner was an even older thread.