Definition of an MRA

DeletedUser1405

I Once posted a thread in the Beta forum about peoples definition of what an MRA was, now the game has been around for a while i want to see how its changed.
Personally i think it is an alliance that chooses to randomly recruit, with or without a message, without thought for where the player is or how they will be playing the game.
This is my basic idea of what an MRA is.
Please don't spam this i want a decent discussion for a change to see what people are thinking now the game has moved on so far.

Let the fun begin.........
Heres what we got up to now,
1)Leader bottom of member list
2)Communication is limited to in-game forums
3)Hurl insults and empty threats
4)Don't monitor member activity and don't weed out deadwood
5)High turnover and branches
6)Safety in numbers
7)Insist everyone on there island join or pact with them
8)Recruit across the whole world
9)Noobs that don't know how to use the Wiki or Google

These are great reason to show an MRA, there are a couple that are new from the original post and a couple i woudn't agree with but they are mostly valid reasons.
If you are looking at what an MRA is or are a members of One take notice, these are the basics of what and how an MRA runs. It is an individual choice to be a member so we can't push you to do anything you want.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

That is pretty much my view, also. I'd also like to throw in the typical trend that the leader of an MRA tends to be near the bottom of a member list and doesn't seem to lead by example. Communication channels are almost always limited to in-game forums.

Oh, and number/word games... (chuckle)

DeletedUser

In addition, MRAs tend to hurl insults and empty threats to other alliances whose goal it is to take down that MRA.

DeletedUser29066

What's wrong with number/word games? .. haha

Another characteristic of an MRA is that they don't seem to monitor member activity and weed out the deadwood.

DeletedUser

MRAs tend to have branches and have a high player turnover rate as well as multiple pacts and a high point number in the fist weeks of a server and a quick decline once conquest is reached.

DeletedUser5554

MRA's also will try bully you in my experience usually taking "do this or else" to you. Until they realize that was the bad approach.

DeletedUser1359

insist on making everyone on their island's a member of their alliance or have a pact with them restricting their farming ability

DeletedUser

I think that an alliance is also an MRA if they recruit across the world

DeletedUser

Noobs that don't know how to google or use the wiki.... frustrating. I'm a noob too though so can't really talk

DeletedUser8467

I just joined the MRA Maelstrom yesterday. Altho i dislike them, its good to go in to see what there players are like in general for the future battles to come. Now back on topic, another sign of a massive MRA........there 'leadership' positions come with labels like-'High King absolute ruler of the alliance and Chancellor. High Fist of Military ect. pretty much there alliance structure feels more like a childs story book, rather then a proper strategic alliance. lol

DeletedUser

Symptoms of being an MRA:

MRAs are known to have awful alliance names. They often have things such as 'Spartans', 'Elite' or 'Legion' in their name. MRA names are rarely original, and often are written in all capital letters.

MRAs also claim to be the best alliance in their profile, and are notorious for using incorrect grammar and having spelling errors within these.

Another symptom is that the founder is not near the top in points within their alliance and the founder has barely any ABP. Deadly4000 from en45 comes to mind.

DeletedUser

An MRA is uasually found in the Top 12 (often many MRA's- See REVENGE (of the MRA), MRAydonians, and MRAestron). They have a crappy average and inactive players.