Known Bug Does opening the Farming Overview cost resources?

DeletedUser

At first I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me, but for the last few days whenever I open the farming overview to demand my resources, I was seeing red negative numbers appear over my resource counts in the top bar, just how it looks when you pay for a building or a troop.

I thought I was seeing things, but I'm sure now. It drops by random values it seems, the last one I caught was -11 on each resource just as I opened the farming overview.

Is this a bug? Is this a consequence of the farming overview? Has anyone else noticed it?

(I'm kinda new to this, so (a) sorry if this has been asked before, and (b) sorry if this is a glaringly obvious question!)

Steph

DeletedUser

Opening the farming overview should not cost resources. Does this happen every time you open the overview or just sometimes?

DeletedUser

Just did it again! -22 on each resource type as I opened farming overview!

DeletedUser

I will attempt to print screen next time... but as it just flashes up, it's unlikely to catch it...

DeletedUser

resources.jpg

I didn't quite catch the red numbers, but you can see the values have dropped in the space of the two seconds between picture 1 (pre-opening the overview), and picture 2 (after opening farming overview).

Only -2 each this time, but often -30 or more.

I'm confused ;(

Edit: And yes, it is every time I open it. Just got another -12 there the next time I opened it.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Nope, tried clearing cache, and then switched to IE. No luck! How bizarre..

DeletedUser22399

Moved this from questions to bugs as there is definitely something not quite right going on.

Can you just confirm the world that you are playing on and whether or not you are using the premium overviews or the normal ones please.

DeletedUser

Just opened the Farming Overview again, and this time lost over 200 of each resource.

I'm using Chrome, Pella world, and the premium overview.

Please advise!

DeletedUser

I believe this is simple in the that it dose not cost you resources but rather ive observed that you receive more resources than you should normally when the server isnt constantly updating so when you open the overview the server refreshes your city and you resources are reset to where they should be.

also this happens on all worlds i play in case i am wrong about this being the cause.

DeletedUser

I believe this is simple in the that it dose not cost you resources but rather ive observed that you receive more resources than you should normally when the server isnt constantly updating so when you open the overview the server refreshes your city and you resources are reset to where they should be.

also this happens on all worlds i play in case i am wrong about this being the cause.

This.

It is a known error and has been reported to the developers to investigate.

Please note that you do not actually lose resources, your browser calculates the resources and updates the display, however the calculations are not in sync with what they should be so, when you take an action that causes your browser to re-sync to the server your resource display updates and shows you losing resources.

DeletedUser

Ah I had wondered if it was something along these lines. It was just a little worrying to see!

It makes sense, as the longer the gap between uses of the farming overview (like if I go away for 20 minutes or so) the reduction is much more than when I'm opening the overview every 5 minutes....

Thanks for that everyone!