Domination (Osl112's Statistical Look At The World So Far)

DeletedUser

Its been a month and a half since the world started. Many alliances have had a chance to establish themselves in their respective ocean. However, how many alliances dominate their seas?

I have created a map to show how dominated the core is. On the map the top 3 alliances of each continent are shown. Just look how much certain alliances are dominating graphically.

oshfky.png

Don't know why I'm uploading this to tinypic, as it isn't tiny :D

Thumbnail:
2w1yv46.png

As we can see, certain alliances are dominating in certain areas, whether it would be a wide area or a small group of islands forming an inpenetrable base to build from.

Now take a look statistically. The following "domination percentages" are worked out by alliance/top 5 alliances in ocean.

O44
The Christmas Club (3rd global): 59.9%
Santa's Legion (11th global): 22.6%
Cortezs Empire (28th global): 0.07%

O45
Merry Narwhalmas (12th global): 31.5%
The Santa Knights (16th global): 22.7%
Red Dawn Raiders (21st global): 16.2%

O54
Grinches Lil Minions (1st global): 45.8%
REAL MADRID CAPSMAS (6th global): 27.1%
The Three Kings (22nd global): 10.6%

O55
Fidelis Navidad (2nd global): 49.9%
SWAT (10th global): 19.5%
Grinches Lil Minions (1st global): 17.3%

Interesting. If you consider 50% to be domination over a continent, only 1 alliance has achieved this. Meanwhile the lack of top alliances (eg. 4th, 5th placed alliances), gives the idea that alliances outside the core are doing extremely successful in Lambda.

So seeing these statistics... what do you think. Do you think an ocean is safely in the hands of an alliance, or do you think that it is all open still. Is there anything interesting here?

Sorry, I'm a statistical kind of guy.

~Osl112 (Emperor Narwhal)

Ps. (I will not make maps for you. Let me say that once.)
Pss. If you want to steal mine or the Narwhals ideas again, give us credit.
Psss. This map was made 2 hours prior to the original post time. The rankings were correct as of 19:00 on the original posting date.
Pssss. Its a big file above. Open at your own risk. Oh wait, you opened it already? Too late.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Sorry, I'm a statistical kind of guy.

~Osl112 (Emperor Narwhal)

Ps. (I will not make maps for you. Let me say that once.)

How did you make the map (i.e., software apps for data access, display, etc.)? And yes, I have a background in statistical analysis. ;)

DeletedUser2663

The S.G.C are sticking to our word, we said we are going to dominate O44 and here we are. Very interesting stats however and map, you can see The S.G.C and the narwhals both have a very concentrated core which in My opinion is good as it a a safe zone. a place where no one else can conquer. I know for a fact that in time O44 will be fully dominated by S.G.C

DeletedUser

r0fl teh n4rwh4ls are t00 3p1c f0r y0u n00bz to handlzors.

Looks like grinches, Fidelis, christmas club and narwhals control the four oceans.

DeletedUser

Cool, i`ve found my self in that map!

Its very, very awesome to look at things from this perspective, makesme think and wonder a lot..

DeletedUser

r0fl teh n4rwh4ls are t00 3p1c f0r y0u n00bz to handlzors.

Looks like grinches, Fidelis, christmas club and narwhals control the four oceans.

I can't be too sure on that. I mean, yes, statistically, we own the oceans though when you look on the map, Grinches Lil Minions, The Christmas Club and Narwhals all have a very condensed area in the ocean. They are much less spread compared to other alliances in that ocean. Now this is a good thing, although it can be seen to have its bad. For example, we are all close and can support quickly. We have an impenetrable base to grow upon (as Grinches Lil Minions have done, growing outwards into O55).

Fidelis Navidad are the only alliance to be really spread out in the domination of their ocean, owning all 4 corners. However, will this allow more growth in the ocean or will an alliance seep through the cracks.

Another thing I'm going to point out, SW is easily the least populated, you can see all the new players in the corner. Is that why us; a premade alliance are crowded very close to the middle?

GreatKhan said:
Cool, i`ve found my self in that map!

Its very, very awesome to look at things from this perspective, makesme think and wonder a lot..

Hehe... well, the tutorial is there if every you want to create a map or two, link is in my sig.

If I had enough free time I would have had a newspaper and a puzzle corner by now (I did them on TW.uk for a bit so I'm no stranger).

Thanks for your compliments guys.

DeletedUser

Correct your information Osl... We are 6th not 12th in the world. :p

DeletedUser

Osl we are spreading like crazy :p We've been taking island after island lately ;)

However we did find a pretty hard island to crack :O

DeletedUser

............. what happen to sempler fi. one moment it was there nxt moment boosh

DeletedUser

nice map oslo :)
but you have to make another one now, don't you? ;)

DeletedUser

Let me consult my super magical crystal ball

Fig%202-1%20Fortune%20teller.jpg

Narwhals are located in 1 corner of the ocean yet are no.1 in the whole ocean. This leads me to thinking the Narwhals will do well in the future :)

DeletedUser

Wicked

Wicked.

You know when i initially joined the game i tried to create a mad using excel graph, using the co-ordinates

But it didnt work.

I was bored out my mind, so start to paste six A4 sheet papers and made my own map, marking the co-ordinates of my alliance. My mom came back fromher trip and threw a fit.

I have stuck it on top of my desk , on the wall.

But i must say , you have made my work look like an ant

Excellent work. I must agree with you, some people play the game for fun, but fun in the minds of different people hold a different context

for some fun is --> conquering
for some fun is --> building

but i guess for some it is tactically analyzing and moving with co-ordination.

Nice.

DeletedUser

Osl we are spreading like crazy :p We've been taking island after island lately ;)

However we did find a pretty hard island to crack :O

Ahhh :p

That 1 island along the Northern border :D

I've been working SW... its like a 6k goldmine down here.

Archijs1992 said:
nice map oslo
but you have to make another one now, don't you?

Osl... I'm not Norwegian :D

DeletedUser

Sorry OSL, in light of recent mergers you will have to update map. Sorry ahead of time and thanks for the great map.

DeletedUser

Sorry OSL, in light of recent mergers you will have to update map. Sorry ahead of time and thanks for the great map.

Mumble. But it took meh two hours ;(

Yeh, I'm probably not going to update until after Christmas... however if someone wants to in the mean time. I will love you.

DeletedUser

Top 12:

Grinches Little Minions = Brown
The Christmas Club = Blue
Spirit of Xmas Present = Yellow
Merry Narwhalmas = Pretty Pink
Santas Army = Light Blue
Santas Wild Army of Toys = Purple
Real Madrid Christmas = Red
Spirit of Xmas Future = Orange
Spirit of Xmas Past = Gold
The Merry Booshmas = Dark Blue
Santas Legion = Green
Real Madrid Elite 64 = Dark Red

showmap.php

Meh don't feel liek making the map good.