DOTW#1 Is premium the key to success?

• Thread starter Thomas The Magnificent
  • Start date

DeletedUser

dotw.png
So, I'm going to introduce something new to the forum in an attempt to make it more active now and in the future. The idea derived from the DnD forum and should get people to express more views. All the topics will be about Grepolis and more importantly, Phi world.

Every week, a question will be asked, which you can answer with your opinion below. There will be a couple rules in place to make sure this doesn't get out of hand as well as the normal forum rules.

Rules:
Respect is key. Respect everyones opinion, even if you don't agree with it yourself.
Keep on the discussion topic, don't stray.
No egotistical nonsense of any kind, everyone is equal, no matter of in game rank or so.

I will also be requiring some new topics to discuss weekly, so if you have any suggestions, just push them over to me and I'll pick a popular topic to discuss. Oh, and if you plan to use this on another world, please credit.

So, this weeks question:

#1: Is Premium the key to being a top player on Phi?
It has been a long week of BP and its almost over. However, the topic of premium has arisen a number of times in this forum and it is about time it should be discussed. Is it giving players too much of a disadvantage at the top? Or are people mistaking premium for an automatic top rank. Discuss below.

To give more players the opportunity to post.

DeletedUser

Twas originally only for Phi, Thomas. I feel the discussion could vary between worlds.

DeletedUser

Can't we just copy and post Jayaris' post and be done with this? :p

Jayaris' post is superb, but I'm not sure everyone has the exact same thoughts, plus Merchant and the attacking bonuses have only been lightly touched upon.

DeletedUser2524

I actually think that early in the world it doesn't have a great effect. Merchant doesn't do much, administrator helps some, captain, commander, and the temple one don't help at all. As the game progresses though, these have a larger effect.

DeletedUser13936

premium is not the key to winning the key to winning is to be experienced. however premium helps.

DeletedUser

i know plenty of players who are very successful without premium, but yes i think it helps. if it didn't then people wouldn't want to pay for it, and that would just be plain silly.

i'd definitely say that it's very early on and then again late on in the game where it would help the most, when you get the biggest advantage from administrator. early on the 7 building slots save you missing out on hours of building (unless you wake up to q more buildings like some kind of grepomaniac), and then later on when you have maybe 20+ cities the admin is almost a must have unless you really do have all day every day.

DeletedUser

I think that if you want to be number one, you need to have everything: Activity, Experience, and premium. Obviously, premium gives certain advantages that allow the players that pay for it to excel. Others may disagree.

DeletedUser

I know very good big players who don't use premium at all but it takes them twice as much time to go through their work than it takes us junkies. I have also recently started using captain and have found a huge difference in what it gives me when fighting a sea battle and sending my resource.

All in all i do think it is possible to be one of the biggest players around with no premium but you would need to have very little RL. Once you get that premium you will be hooked for sure :)