Elite Non-Premium Member Alliance.

DeletedUser

I'm getting frustrated because I am an extremely active player. However, I don't have the money to blow on this game and I am having a hard time keeping up with players that use premium. Also I don't want to find some cheat to give me free gold either because I like playing grepolis a lot, and that would be stealing. I have my doubts that the cheat even works.

I would like for form an elite alliance for all players like me with these requirements:

1. Extremely active (builds city quickly, builds up an army, pragmatic but aggressive game play, active at least once a day, active on forums )

2. Doesn't use premium

3. Works well with others. :) Meaning that you will support and attack when it is required.

If you are interested PM me in Phi. I have the same name Macretes or comment here.

Thanks.

DeletedUser

how can you restrict people joining your alliance only because they use premium and you dont its a bit arrogant ?

Ps : dont take it personal

DeletedUser

Good luck.. People with Gold actually make it :) so you should probably reconsider that rule right there.

DeletedUser

how can you restrict people joining your alliance only because they use premium and you dont its a bit arrogant ?

Ps : dont take it personal

Not trying to be arrogant just want an alliance that plays bare-bones. One that plays SPARTAN. :) Pun intended.

I understand that Grepolis needs to acquire funds. However, they could do it with ads instead. I wouldn't mind the occasional movie ad when I logged in.

I think if we are talking about arrogance it is more arrogant to use gold because those same player usually talk smack on other players and so on. They aren't better strategists or more active warriors. They just have more cash to blow. It's a war game not a who has the most cash to blow game. If you don't use gold it really shows your level of commitment and ability in the game. It's also more egalitarian because everyone starts off the same, which is the opposite of being arrogant.

DeletedUser

So you are discriminating against premium users :O!
Sure just because a player uses gold doesn't mean they are a better player but it does mean this.

1) they will rebuild troops faster
2) they will lose less troops fighting
3) they will build cities faster

what does this all mean? Your cities are getting sacked faster :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You guys seem to be missing the point.
Obviously having Premium is better than not having it. Since I cannot afford premium at this time I would like to form an alliance that takes this into account and is given respect for not using it. It will not be artificially inflated by premium users.

That is the whole point. I'm not discriminating against premium users. They can just stop using premium if they want to join. :)

DeletedUser

Not trying to be arrogant just want an alliance that plays bare-bones. One that plays SPARTAN. :) Pun intended.

I understand that Grepolis needs to acquire funds. However, they could do it with ads instead. I wouldn't mind the occasional movie ad when I logged in.

I think if we are talking about arrogance it is more arrogant to use gold because those same player usually talk smack on other players and so on. They aren't better strategists or more active warriors. They just have more cash to blow. It's a war game not a who has the most cash to blow game. If you don't use gold it really shows your level of commitment and ability in the game. It's also more egalitarian because everyone starts off the same, which is the opposite of being arrogant.

The Beauty of Grepolis is that we don't have to deal with stupid ads! It makes the game the centerpiece.

Premium may make people a little arrogant (look my post about your stupid message). But arrogance a downfall and a pick up. It is also a factor in strategy games to be able to play mind games.

As for not being better strategists or more active warriors, you couldn't be more wrong! I have maybe used 500 gold on Phi. 200 for Administrator and Merchant. The rest to speed up research on one thing and to cut down Senate because it takes forever. Premium may even require more activity and strategy so you don't waste the money you spent and you can better implement your resource and building strategy (something I use and you don't). Gold shows more commitment than not! It means you are supporting the creators of the game and developers. As well as the fact that you are increasing the life of Grepolis and it even benefits those without Premium (for example you are playing on a new server which costs money).

Next time you want to try and put a group of players down, be careful. Especially premium users. They have been around a lot longer and definitely are willing to say something. And please don't put up lame and fallacious arguments.

DeletedUser

Dude. I don't know why you Premium Users are taking this as a put down. Someone was saying that I was being arrogant by proposing this. I showed how I was not being arrogant.

I'm not going to use premium. I'm a university student and while I love to play Grepolis I don't have the money to pay for premium. (FACT)

My arguments are not fallacious. Point out once fallacious thing that I said. It's silly to say that I'm being arrogant when I just want to play with people under the same conditions as myself. Equality of opportunity is not a crazy thing to desire.

Twisting my words around is silly too. I'm not saying that if you have premium you don't have strategy or you're not a good warrior. It's just easier for you to do better than for players like me. If you feel bad because you are giving yourself an advantage over poorer players then stop using premium. If you don't feel bad, fine. You have no reason to respond hostilely to my idea.

DeletedUser

So you are discriminating against premium users :O!
Sure just because a player uses gold doesn't mean they are a better player but it does mean this.

1) they will rebuild troops faster
2) they will lose less troops fighting
3) they will build cities faster

what does this all mean? Your cities are getting sacked faster :D

I wouldn't agree with some of those points. You cannot rebuild troops faster and you can't build cities faster if you haven't got the resources in the first place. I think people too often mistake, thinking gold=resources=everything. It does not.

I'm a premium user myself and will freely admit that; even if I don't use too much. In truth, the only time I need admin is when I stack my build queue for the night. Premium gives a slight advantage but not one where other players would really struggle catching up.

DeletedUser345

The only gold i have is 300 on Inital D which i won and 1600 on -Achilles- which i bought for the speed world, i use neither now :(

DeletedUser

I wouldn't agree with some of those points. You cannot rebuild troops faster and you can't build cities faster if you haven't got the resources in the first place. I think people too often mistake, thinking gold=resources=everything. It does not.

I'm a premium user myself and will freely admit that; even if I don't use too much. In truth, the only time I need admin is when I stack my build queue for the night. Premium gives a slight advantage but not one where other players would really struggle catching up.

Excuse me for not clarifying enough. In the original post he said he was looking for extremely active non premium users. I failed to state that my points were for an extremely active player who uses premium. If i was to define an extremely active player it would include a player who farms and is always getting resources.

True gold does not buy you resources but it helps you get them faster through the merchant. Also you can now extend the amount of time favors are active on your city. Meaning more resources.

With more resources you are able to build your cities up faster maybe you even max out all of your mines first and use gold to cut the times. While at the same time you are building your armies.

Which brings me back to the three points..

*build cities faster
*build armies faster
*lose less troops on the battlefield.

DeletedUser15202

How would you tell if someone uses premium? They could just be extremely active.

DeletedUser

How would you tell if someone uses premium? They could just be extremely active.

It would just be an honor code. There would be no way of knowing for sure. By how some of the premium user feel about this idea I doubt any premium users will join. :)

DeletedUser

Okay I've to agree, to use premium is a bit cheating... Especially in the beginning it can give you great advantage and when you own around 10city's the Admin is very usefull

But go to--> Premium->Buy Gold-->SponsorPay-->SponsorPay fill in some testes and other useless things and you get free gold. (I've done tons of testes and I had a total of 700gold.) You can also invite people to get free gold.

One other thing... When i wanna play a game, I have to BUY a game... Around 60euro's are most games. For the same money as 4 beers in de pub you get 1500gold. So to say you can't afford it... ain't true. It's normal to pay for something like GTAIV... So why not pay for an internet-game??

DeletedUser

One other thing... When i wanna play a game, I have to BUY a game... Around 60euro's are most games. For the same money as 4 beers in de pub you get 1500gold. So to say you can't afford it... ain't true. It's normal to pay for something like GTAIV... So why not pay for an internet-game??

Just because it's normal for some people to pay 60 euros for a game, it doesn't mean we can all do it. Many people buy used games because they can't afford the prices for new games, myself included. I can't afford to pay for Premium either, which is why I was proud of myself for holding the #1 non-premium spot in Tau for such a long time (it was clear who was using it - having a 10k city before me when my queues have been going nonstop since the start of the game when you started a week after me = Premium, and so does having 6 more cities than your BP dictates you're able to have in fairly early game).

DeletedUser

Nice. I knew there were people out there that would like this idea. Well if any of you are interested in forming an alliance message me here or in game.

I suppose The Dutchman is correct. Technically I could afford it, that is if I bought gold once and stopped, but in reality I can't afford it. I know if I started paying for gold I wouldn't be able to enjoy the game without paying for it. Therefore I can't afford it. :p

DeletedUser

extremely activ huh?

less then 3k city (hmmm, he probably building army), 100 bp (what the ....?)

so i have question to you, how you explain "extremly activ"?