Wish List Endgame alternative

• Thread starter DeletedUser17088
  • Start date

The GM

Phrourach
I have an idea for a new end-game to stop this boredom we all get once current WW era starts.

Instead of building wonders we scrap them all together. Lets face it, we play this game to fight, not sim.

Instead there should be a 2-3 month window based on battle points earned during this period. Both attacking and defending bp's of an alliance are added to a live scoreboard with total battle points the goal. This way, smaller alliances can hold their own against the big boys by getting defensive bp's to add to their alliances total.

To stop cheating and mass recruiting at the last minute, bp's earnt during this period stay with the alliance a player was in at the time. This way if people jump ship during the end phase, bp's earnt cannot be transferred over to the MRA.

This will keep us all fighting and may even get the simmers more involved. The incentive will be to continue to take cities as these take away the bp opportunities of the enemy and give your alliance another city to earn bp's with.

DeletedUser48096

Nice idea GM, However I think it still favours the Goldwhores. While Iam sure Inno would love any idea that puts money in their pockets that does not guarentee the best idea for keeping the game entertaining and interesting for the players.

And I think that alone sums up the problem..... Inno is too concerned about profit while we as players are concerned about playing an entertaining game. Until Inno realizes they need to keep the hand that feeds them entertained then there will never be an amicable alternative that both camps approve of.

DeletedUser32254

I have not run across many who like the WW's. How about something like this instead?

At "WW" time A New huge island full of cities appears. 50 cities or more. The cities have 50 level walls and come stocked with 100X troops.

Travel to this island would be the same TT for all cities in a world.

The new island cities would be similar to farm villages in that no building of any kind can be done after they are captured. If you crush that 50 level wall, it is just gone.

No building of troops in the city after capture.--they must be stocked from alliance cities.

Whoever( Alliance ) takes whole island and holds it for 2 weeks/a month wins.

Perhaps the new island cities can attack? and rebuild troops? --before capture--

This is just a brainstorm, it needs fleshed out and polished, but something along this line would be more in keeping with the war game theme.

What do you think?

Rachel.L

Phrourach
I have not run across many who like the WW's. How about something like this instead?

At "WW" time A New huge island full of cities appears. 50 cities or more. The cities have 50 level walls and come stocked with 100X troops.

The new island cities would be similar to farm villages in that no building of any kind can be done after they are captured. If you crush that 50 level wall, it is just gone.

No building of troops in the city after capture.--they must be stocked from alliance cities.

Perhaps the new island cities can attack? and rebuild troops? --before capture--

This is just a brainstorm, it needs fleshed out and polished, but something along this line would be more in keeping with the war game theme.

What do you think?

Kind of like the Artemesia event a while back, except a whole island. And to conquer the farm villages, it would be much more difficult, perhaps with spontaneous revolting on occasion. You'd have to work to gain the island and keep it not just from foes but from the game itself.

altho, davemun, i really like your idea too

DeletedUser

Now this will probably sound stupid and I'll get laughed at but how about an old Risk style endgame. Each alliance is assigned a random set of conditions that they alone have to fulfill whilst everybody else has to do something else. Some would have to build WW,some destroy them,some gain so much ABP some so many DBP, some might have to gain control of oceans they are miles from,some might have to take cities off top ten alliances. So not only would you have to concentrate on your mission you would have to guess what everybody else is upto. No one could sit happy that they have control or more resources. It might make it interesting and not just suit one playing style.

Go on rip me to shreads! :eek:

Rachel.L

Phrourach
tom, the only problem i see with your scenario is a balance/ fairness issue. since we already know we have a problem with that here. one, if ppl get something they don't like, they will cry foul. two, some of your scenarios will work for all alliances, no matter size/ make up, while others will not. e.g. if an alliance of 10 were randomly told to take over another ocean, the time to get that many slots let alone take the ocean would surely be far greater than an alliance at the max (say 40-60) that was tasked to build a ww.

i think "offering" something different to different players gets into a scenario as we've just seen that makes ppl lose their minds.

but different goals and not knowing who has to do what could make for some nice twists.

Last edited:

DeletedUser46130

What do you think?

I really really really like this idea, every alliance gets an island that they have to take cities on, every city has what you said like level 50 walls 10000 fts and 20000 birs or something like that and tt to those cities is all the same like 1 hour or whatever. The second clear the city with an attack, you take the city, ie it turns blue, but no one has control of the city itself, and every city has a special alliance wide bonus, like a certain city gives 5% faster recruitment alliance wide, ect. ect. and to stop the abusive gold users, you can only send 1 attack per city every day, or every 24hrs or longer. So to explain if i had like 10 cities (for maths sake), i can send 10 attacks a day, so city 1 attacks, city 2 attacks, city 3 attacks ect. ect.
Once every city is taken phase 2 starts, phase 2 is the def portion, since grepo isn't all about attacking.
Wall is again level 50 in every city but this time you can support the city instead of attacking it, again 1 support per city every day. but now the ai is attacking with ls and fliers every day at the same time. If every city holds for 7 days you've won the world, if you lose a city you will have to retake it, once you do the 7 day def period starts again for that city only.
Think it would be an exciting change to grepo, since WW time is just sim city, and nobody likes it.

DeletedUser43023

Supremacy/Domination

after the world hits the same requirements as the current WW's do the endgame switches to Supremacy/Domination

Victory Conditions

Alliance Controls x% of the Servers cities (I was thinking as an example 80% of total active cities 5k+Polis Points) for at least a month.

Now you are truly worthy of the title 'Victor' and 'Ruler' of the world

Balance

Your roster cannot experience a change of more than +/- 20% members for a whole month (100 allliance cap = 20 alliance changes) and this means total changes so someone leaving and joining on the same day = 2 changes, stopping alliances from mass recruiting/Mass Merging/rotating members to be dominant.

If your alliance hits a 21% alliance change amount, the month countdown starts again. You will really need to have the best and most loyal players to win, Thus ending the simtastic lifestyle.

Ghost cities are not counted as active (player controlled)
Banned Players are not counted as active

Visual aid

Where the 'World Wonder' stat currently resides it will be replaced with 'Supremacy' or 'Dominance' with a % stat of what alliance controls which size of the server.

or you can keep playing WW's i guess
I like this idea, and have suggested it before. The only change i would say to consider is rather than the world, 80% of the Core oceans would be the goal....no more Rim Simmers with this idea...

Definition of core? Well, that would be two oceans or more in from the rim (depending on the shape and size of the world). Minimum would be 44,45,54,55

Also, take away the festivals, olympics and theaters. If you want to grow, you have to fight and gain bp.

DeletedUser21774

I like this idea, and have suggested it before. The only change i would say to consider is rather than the world, 80% of the Core oceans would be the goal....no more Rim Simmers with this idea...

Definition of core? Well, that would be two oceans or more in from the rim (depending on the shape and size of the world). Minimum would be 44,45,54,55

Also, take away the festivals, olympics and theaters. If you want to grow, you have to fight and gain bp.

Only problem with the "core" concept is I have been wanting them to eliminate the core and make the world map more spherical: