Newspaper Everything You Want To Know For Week One. Predictions, Key Match Ups, And Rising Sta!

• Thread starter DeletedUser41523
  • Start date

DeletedUser41523

The end of BP is on our front doorstep already. Boy has that flown and things look to be pretty chill in the external forums. But we all know that conflicts are coming and that some people have a pick in who establishes supremacy and who will be clobbered. Or maybe someone is on the look out for that underdog alliance. Or maybe you just want to know who is probably gonna fight who. Well i'm going to do my best to cover it all for you. Note that these are my opinions and predictions and that nothing is written in stone. I'm just doing my best to predict the world so you can prepare you game plan accordingly.

Just a little pump up music​

Bold Predictions

WOLFPACK does better than expected- Okay a lot of hate is going out to WOLFPACK and rightfully so. They are a full blown MRA. But lets look at the competition. Nexus and Infectious in O55, Project Misery Business in WP's very small claim to O55, and Infectious and Bunch of trolls in O44. Only two of these groups will actually be in a position where they can afford mass amounts of troops to beat up WOLFPACK and one of them would have to go far out of their way to do so. On top of that they have a good leader at the helm who can steer them in the right direction.

Nexus gets a beat down but isn't finished off- with an alliance that has large numbers of players around some of the most dangerous alliances on Cythera. It'll be difficult to walk away with a complete victory in the first week of BP. Expect the Nexus losses to be a long page or two of red dots when you check Grepostats. However due to their mass numbers and ready amount of warm bodies they will replace the losses and maybe even gain a few towns as well along the way.

Infectious uses diplomacy to buy time- In their current position its almost no secret that DW will try to find an ally. While a win isn't written in stone for anyone its even more difficult to secure when your alliance is bordered by two of the tougher alliances in the world. While that won't impact them this week probably it certainly won't help them in weeks to come. What better way to to slow or even end this problem then finding people to take one out for you?

The northern alliances form a coalition- Everyone believes they know who will win O54. Does anyone think that Moderated Nation will be upset by the other alliances that call O54 home? Of course not. Now i'm not one for mass coalitions but in this case its just common knowledge that you won't win a straight up fight with Moderated Nation if you're anyone else in O54. The only solution? Accept this fact and try a coalition. Its the trump card of all seemingly doomed teams. And on a rare occasion it pays off really well. Be it a surprise run away victory. Or just living long enough to see the enemy wear out.

Key Match Ups

Wolfpack vs Bunch of Trolls- Why is this a key match up? Because it will determine who controls O44.

Project Misery Business vs O45- It goes without saying that O45 has a few top 12 contenders right now. Chances are PMB will have to worry about business at home before taking any road trips into better lands.

Infectious vs O44- Infectious has a lot of talented players in O44 the only catch? That ocean isn't their core ocean! This puts them in a hostile position and at risk. Early losses could be costly to their movement and morale overall.

Infectious vs Moderated Nation- The risk of constant attacks can draw many predators. Especially a big dog with experience under its belt. Don't be shocked if Infectious has to fight off the M Squad in order to prove it has a right to exist in north O55.

Nexus vs Everybody- Lets be honest who isn't going after this alliance? This is key for two reasons. 1) a top 5 alliance has to prove its worth to us all. 2) Those feeding on it will get key towns in O55.

Rising Stars​

Bunch of Trolls- They hail out of O54/O44 for the most part and have proven leadership they will be in contention for the world as time goes on.

-ANONYMOUS- Hailing out of O54, they already have two top players in it to put it on the map. If they can prove that they aren't gold whores then they might actually prove to be something on this world.

Death To All- They come from O55 and look to be one of the few alliances outside of Infectious that could make a big for it. Keep your eye on these guys folks.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Pretty good, I'd disagree on a few but more or less the same ;)
+rep

DeletedUser

good points. + rep...

i would like just to disagree with you about your doubts of ocean 44.
you also missed some things at all...like The Lone Delver(u said nothing about them ,when they are n1 in 44) ... and i also wonder why ppl are not getting scared when they are looking at OOC? :eek: strange... oh i got it...u just didnt noticed us.

DeletedUser14397

Dan that music could have been better lol

+rep tho the music almost got you a - :p

DeletedUser32373

You spent a lot of time in it and its pretty good. +rep

Rick

DeletedUser32748

Yes that is quite an effort. great job bro.

PS. RICK bro every time i see your Pic feel like ordering a Triple Whopper. Could i get a piece of that burger:p:D

DeletedUser25249

nice ork +rep

also has the forum just gone whack while reading this?

DeletedUser

plus rep for being the first person to say something good about my alliance;) and because it was a good post lol

DeletedUser21356

Don't know if you will be doing this every week, maybe missed something. But nevertheless great post and will follow it if it's indeed a every week thing. +rep to you good sir;)

DeletedUser16098

I think that at this point (in my opinion) that the main threats are Moderated nation, Infectious, and project misery business. And I think that what will happen depends entirely upon each of the alliances individual intentions.

If (as the smilodon fatalis said) a coalition is (or has) been put together to protect or fight against Moderated Nation, then that could keep the big alliance occupied in their own ocean for a while.
PMB and Infectious are more tricky to judge as PMB may well decide to stick around ocean 45 for a while and swallow up the small opposition and gain more strength before moving towards Ocean 55. This is what I think would be a good thing for them to do, anyhow.

Infectious are in a slightly trickier position as they are in northern 55 (and as Smilidon said) have some good players in 44. So they have a bit more to worry about from the north and the posing threat from the western ocean 45.
If PMB decided to go east into Infectious, and Moderated Nation decided to go south to Infectious, then that could pose a big problem for the survival of the alliance. But as I said, it will all depend on what each alliance plans to do.