External Survey about 1.26 -> 2.0 worlds

DeletedUser12512

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/Y3H5CWK

I thought it would be interesting to run an independant survey in regards to these questions, let's see what the members of the external forum audience feel .

And then we can see if this polls results match Innogames.

DeletedUser

No offence or anything, but as this will only be the votes of the forum goers, how is this survey representative of the grepolis community as a whole?

DeletedUser12512

No offence or anything, but as this will only be the votes of the forum goers, how is this survey representative of the grepolis community as a whole?

Gee, I would think that a sampling of players is always a good representation, or we might need to reconsider our governmental structure and house of representatives or what not in whatever country you live in. Innogames is relying on only the player that bother to respond, without ensuring all votes and players are heard from, so I wanted to get a sampling of players that we do hear from all the time, transparent to everyone that views the forums. If you are so worried about it being a fair representation tehn why not have the poll distributed to the entire player base and let us see the results here SS?

Is it a better method to send out a survey and have it switch between a no and a yes response?

Is it a better method to send out something that impacts only players in 1.26 worlds but you send it out to players in 2.x worlds to fill in as well?

Is it a better method to rely only on players that happen to understand English well enough to comprehend the poor sentence structure used in the formulation of their survey questions? Where is the link for other languages, we already know the dutch players got screwed over...

The forum goers represent a tally of users, ones that are vocal about how to improve the game, and care. so no offense, but thats a rather naive post on your part isn't it?

DeletedUser

Not really, it's kind of caring what people who play grepolis think. I for one didn't actually join the forums until after i had played Grep for several months.

Also, why do you assume that the moderators, who are volunteers, have any control over the survey?

And why do you assume that all forum posters agree with your points, and what you are doing? You are being kind of tyrannical there, taking away the voices of those who just play in game and do not post in forum.

DeletedUser12512

Seriously, thats your argument?

1) If you care what Grepo players think then I applaud you, what I think, is that the people need to see the results that Inno says they are getting, that are in opposition from the majority of players that are posting their opinions in the forums, (and being censored for doing so)

2) I don't see where I stated anything about mods controlling the survey, so your not making any sense here.

3) A poll of users that is transparent to those users is far from tyranical, their exists an option to say yes, or no in the survey, so as far as I am concerend, you can't get more unbiased then that. I even added a third question in case there were any 'fence sitters'. and I did NOT plug in a whole bunch of 1.26 propaganda before asking the question, unlike an exisiting Inno survey that is floating around. I didn;t make any points SS, I posted questions, which your vehemence towards raises more questions.

Honestly, what's your problem with me asking a question to players that post here and using it to get an impression of ow forum users feel? You are free to vote, or not to vote. That is hardly Tyranical, but nice try. Loon on.

DeletedUser

Seriously, thats your argument?

1) If you care what Grepo players think then I applaud you, what I think, is that the people need to see the results that Inno says they are getting, that are in opposition from the majority of players that are posting their opinions in the forums, (and being censored for doing so)

2) I don't see where I stated anything about mods controlling the survey, so your not making any sense here.

3) A poll of users that is transparent to those users is far from tyranical, their exists an option to say yes, or no in the survey, so as far as I am concerend, you can't get more unbiased then that. I even added a third question in case there were any 'fence sitters'. and I did NOT plug in a whole bunch of 1.26 propaganda before asking the question, unlike an exisiting Inno survey that is floating around. I didn;t make any points SS, I posted questions, which your vehemence towards raises more questions.

Honestly, what's your problem with me asking a question to players that post here and using it to get an impression of ow forum users feel? You are free to vote, or not to vote. That is hardly Tyranical, but nice try. Loon on.
I think sapphire sorrows is talking about how the majority of people are talking to the mods about the update when we should be talking to inno who have control of the survey.

DeletedUser4013

Gee, I would think that a sampling of players is always a good representation, or we might need to reconsider our governmental structure and house of representatives or what not in whatever country you live in. Innogames is relying on only the player that bother to respond, without ensuring all votes and players are heard from, so I wanted to get a sampling of players that we do hear from all the time, transparent to everyone that views the forums. If you are so worried about it being a fair representation tehn why not have the poll distributed to the entire player base and let us see the results here SS?

Samples should be gotten, but those are usually taken from the survey/poll/questionnaire that is currently being used so you take a sample from those persons taking the survey/poll/questionnaire. I also have to say, that if only those players who care to vote are voting, then perhaps Grepo has a lot of voter apathy...sounds like a lot of democracies in the world. Does voter apathy make those votes any less valid? I have no problem with you making this poll, but I feel that the rest of your points need addressing as well.

Is it a better method to send out a survey and have it switch between a no and a yes response?

Not all voters will have been given the second question from the original survey if they voted Yes, so there is little in the fact that the question being removed will affect the survey overall. And besides, the questions were always a Yes or No answer.

Is it a better method to send out something that impacts only players in 1.26 worlds but you send it out to players in 2.x worlds to fill in as well?

Actually the survey was only sent to 1.26 Worlds and could only be voted on by players in 1.26 Worlds. At no time was this survey sent to anyone on a 2.0 World.

Is it a better method to rely only on players that happen to understand English well enough to comprehend the poor sentence structure used in the formulation of their survey questions? Where is the link for other languages, we already know the dutch players got screwed over...

In case you forgot, InnoGames is based in Germany, and many of their translations are done out of house but an external company. Or if this is not the case, then someone is directly translating the German to English and we all know that direct translations do not work out. Grammar and syntax do not match up. Because this survey was sent to the .EN server (the international server) the main language spoken is English. That is why there is no link to other languages. The .NE server received a survey in Dutch, not English or any other language. Each market has received a survey in their particular language.

The forum goers represent a tally of users, ones that are vocal about how to improve the game, and care. so no offense, but thats a rather naive post on your part isn't it?

The forum users represent a fraction of a fraction of the total player base. As I have already stated a couple of times lately, there are maybe ~6 million players, of which 22,000 have a registered forum account here. Of those accounts, perhaps 600-700 of them are in active use with only about 150-200 of them in regular use on a daily basis. From that we have perhaps 50 who are most vocal on the forums in some way.

So how exactly is this a true sampling of what the players want?

DeletedUser12512

again your math is ok, but your logic is flawed, if you don;t see that i'll explain it to you, but you should take a minute to ponder on what your saying first.

And a sampling of players is a sampling, it represents a body in many areas , so why not htis area, where we are all free to see the results and compare them to the number of voters, a transparent ballot, nothing could be more fair then that.

At least I know your not stupid enough tobelieve it is any less fair than a ballot that innogames holds themselvess and then tells us the results are differnt then the majority of peoples opinions that voice them aloud.

DeletedUser4013

So how will you filter out those players who don't play in 1.26 Worlds? Seeing as how the Inno survey is only available to 1.26 players, having this survey available to all means that non 1.26 players will be able to vote on it. If you can't, then the sample is not an accurate representation of the player base.

DeletedUser12512

Is the Innogames survey only sent to 1.26 worlds? Where does it say that?

And if 2.x players really wanted to vote on it they could, but most wont bother, unless of course they are intentionally trying to alter teh antural results, which I doubt they would, - mods on the other hand, feeling the need to support their gold suppliers and tow the corporate line, may however, but there comes a time when you just have to say meh.

That's one of those itmes, so far you can see the reults I guess? If not I have 19 votes so far, and the majority are players wiching to keep 1.26 rather than move to 2.x, so time will tell, lets just let it speak for itself

DeletedUser18132

Yes, only to 1.26. I didn't get any message at all on the 2.x worlds.

DeletedUser12512

then its a good thing i put that first question in there, that should tell us if there's any descrepancy in obtaining an accurate sampling of 1.26 players

DeletedUser

Can you pull out the responses to the second question though with only those on 1.0?

hello hun btw :) missing you x

DeletedUser

Tyrion, your math is a bit wrong :p There's 1.9 million players on all the servers, 261,086 on the EN server of which 60,028 is on the 1.26 servers and then the forum numbers were right. Which means that it's best if someone sends it to the players in each world. Then the vote would be completely independent and have no bias unlike the one already sent out.

This was said in the Theta thread about 2.0 before it got deleted.
Tyrion said:
Should the survey results end with 2.0 being rejected, the worlds will stay as 1.26, but they will no longer have any bug or other type of support from the devs. The only support will be in the form of the In-Game mods banning multis, bot users, dealing with inappropriate names and the like, and finally premium issues.

If the worlds fall below 1000 active users, then the end-game scenario will begin. What that is, I have no idea, but there will be an announcement in-game with approximately 4 weeks or so before the world completely ends.
So it looks like a Threat to the 1.26 worlds. Which means the world either dies from everyone quiting because of 2.0 or because they don't want to support 1.26 worlds.

With the amount of different premium/gold features new in 2.0 it just shows that all the devs care about is getting money from it. This is clearly their motive for getting rid of the 1.26 worlds since they won't generate as much revenue for them as from 2.0.

DeletedUser12512

Can you pull out the responses to the second question though with only those on 1.0?

hello hun btw :) missing you x

I can pull out the respnses, and assuming the type of response in the second question we can probably tell which of the players are from a 1.26 world and which are from a 2.x world, at least it is obvious at this time which type of players have filled it out recently, or after the issue about it being a servey anyone could fill out became real.

Actually, the poll was just to uncover what Zerces above already has, that the real poll is just a ruse to give the impression that Innogames would effectively allow 1.26 to continue in it's current form with support.

Tyrion states quite clearly in his redacted comment that it will not, (support no longer being offered in bug fizes) but that in itself is no reason to worry, even the 1000 player cap is set there to allow Innogames the ability to circumvent the version continuing.

Right now Xi has 1424 players over 500 points, it would be simple enough for Innogames to wipe the servers of inactives, and go below teh 100 player mark, and thus discontinue Xi regardless of any promise they make today. I swear the company thinks we can't read between the lines, what happened to integrity?

My conclusion is simple, The day 1.26 goes away, so do I. (At this point that might be furher encouragement for them ;-p)

DeletedUser4013

Tyrion, your math is a bit wrong :p There's 1.9 million players on all the servers, 261,086 on the EN server of which 60,028 is on the 1.26 servers and then the forum numbers were right. Which means that it's best if someone sends it to the players in each world. Then the vote would be completely independent and have no bias unlike the one already sent out.

Fair deal, I'll admit that my numbers may be off.

This was said in the Theta thread about 2.0 before it got deleted.
Tyrion said:
Should the survey results end with 2.0 being rejected, the worlds will stay as 1.26, but they will no longer have any bug or other type of support from the devs. The only support will be in the form of the In-Game mods banning multis, bot users, dealing with inappropriate names and the like, and finally premium issues.

If the worlds fall below 1000 active users, then the end-game scenario will begin. What that is, I have no idea, but there will be an announcement in-game with approximately 4 weeks or so before the world completely ends.
So it looks like a Threat to the 1.26 worlds. Which means the world either dies from everyone quiting because of 2.0 or because they don't want to support 1.26 worlds.

With the amount of different premium/gold features new in 2.0 it just shows that all the devs care about is getting money from it. This is clearly their motive for getting rid of the 1.26 worlds since they won't generate as much revenue for them as from 2.0.

What you fail to realize about that quote you lifted from my post in that thread is the fact that those are what the alternatives are. Many of the Worlds are well above the 1000 player threshold. I was stating a simple fact which was already announced when the Hero Worlds were made public last week. If you read any of that announcement either In-Game or on the Forums you would have seen that.

Also, if you took the time to further read my posts in Theta and other 1.26 Worlds which have similar threads, you will see that I commented that only the original features of 2.0 would be added. So you would get Hades, Wonders, the GUI, Farming, and the Trader. The troop reduction feature is only available from World Psi onwards. None of the previous 2.0 Worlds has that feature. The only feature that uses premium which would be added is the Trader, and even that is expensive.

...Actually, the poll was just to uncover what Zerces above already has, that the real poll is just a ruse to give the impression that Innogames would effectively allow 1.26 to continue in it's current form with support.

Atticus, you are amazing! You saw right through it! Yes it's a ruse, and it always was :rolleyes:. Again, the information that Die Xerxes quotes me on was available in the original statement that was made public when Hero Worlds were announced last week.

Tyrion states quite clearly in his redacted comment that it will not, (support no longer being offered in bug fizes) but that in itself is no reason to worry, even the 1000 player cap is set there to allow Innogames the ability to circumvent the version continuing.

Right now Xi has 1424 players over 500 points, it would be simple enough for Innogames to wipe the servers of inactives, and go below teh 100 player mark, and thus discontinue Xi regardless of any promise they make today. I swear the company thinks we can't read between the lines, what happened to integrity?

Redacted? What have I redacted? I have not edited nor deleted a single comment that I have made since this all began on the Forums. Please let me know which statement it was so I can make sure that people can see it. Why should Inno wipe the inactive accounts from the worlds just to bring them to a close? This does them no good, and doesn't benefit them in any way. If there are 1424 players over 500 points in Xi and the world is still open, I can't see the world falling below 1000 players any time soon. What lines are you reading between because I would like to know where you think that Inno is trying to swindle you out of something? All you have is conjecture and suspicions without any actual foundation for these remarks.

DeletedUser12512

Atticus, you are amazing! You saw right through it! Yes it's a ruse, and it always was :rolleyes:. Again, the information that Die Xerxes quotes me on was available in the original statement that was made public when Hero Worlds were announced last week.

Redacted? What have I redacted? I have not edited nor deleted a single comment that I have made since this all began on the Forums. Please let me know which statement it was so I can make sure that people can see it. Why should Inno wipe the inactive accounts from the worlds just to bring them to a close? This does them no good, and doesn't benefit them in any way. If there are 1424 players over 500 points in Xi and the world is still open, I can't see the world falling below 1000 players any time soon. What lines are you reading between because I would like to know where you think that Inno is trying to swindle you out of something? All you have is conjecture and suspicions without any actual foundation for these remarks.

First, I would like to thank you for recognizing how amazing I am. Cheers ;-p

But really, my impression of Xerces post was that you deelted the quoted portion of his post that was up somewhere else in teh forum. If not, no biggie, but you are concentrating on teh wrong thing here. Whether you redacted the statemnet or made it somewhere I haven't seen it, is redundant to the discussion.

I can see the world falling below 1000 players, or why would Innogames make that statement?

Players at less than 1000 points at htis stage of Xi are liekly inactive but have never deleted their account. All Innogames would need to do is conveniently add a caveat later that said , 'we are doing some housecleaning and accounts that have been inactive for XX amount of days will be wiped on XXX date. This will allow us more spae on our servers and faster speed for our players yada yada yada insert more game developer speak here'

Sure, I have a jaded view, I am old enough that I have seen game developers take this road several times, and every time, it leads to the game being replaced by the next company that makes promises they fully intend to keep until they don't.

You are right, I have suspicions and conjecture, (based on precedent), and their most recent attempt at a misleading survey. Only time will prove one of us right. When 1.26 wolrds go away, we will know the answer to that, till then, I still see no reason to have either of you mods in this thread posting. The external poll is reasonable for discussion purposes, and I for one enjoy seeing the opinions of others in statiscial format where I know the results are at disclosed. I would have no need for this entire thread IF Innogames made the polling results public.

How about you go back to them and request that instead of giving me a hard time for posting a question?

DeletedUser

I still see no reason to have either of you mods in this thread posting.

I'm posting as a player not a mod. I don't have anything against you doing this survey, in fact I voted. It's possible it will actually agree with the inno one. But I'm sure you appreciate it may also be biased.

I voted on both your vote and the inno one to move to 2.0 worlds. As you know I play Iota, it's got boring and with no end game in sight and everyone have such large accounts it's difficult to end any war we start. I'm sure many 1.0 worlds have gone this way and those that haven't yet will most likely end up there. In game most of the players I've spoken to want 2.0 on Iota. I'd be very surprised if the vote didn't state this too at least for that world.

Edit//:
P.S.
I would have no need for this entire thread IF Innogames made the polling results public.
They just did ;)

DeletedUser22133

I'm posting as a player not a mod. I don't have anything against you doing this survey, in fact I voted. It's possible it will actually agree with the inno one. But I'm sure you appreciate it may also be biased.

I voted on both your vote and the inno one to move to 2.0 worlds. As you know I play Iota, it's got boring and with no end game in sight and everyone have such large accounts it's difficult to end any war we start. I'm sure many 1.0 worlds have gone this way and those that haven't yet will most likely end up there. In game most of the players I've spoken to want 2.0 on Iota. I'd be very surprised if the vote didn't state this too at least for that world.

Edit//:
P.S. They just did ;)

You make a mistake; when 2.0 is coming, there will be MORE players getting bored due to slowness abd sending resources. Activity will drop and a lot of players become "yellow".